I got a new job, but is it legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a new job, but is it legal?

It's kind of two jobs really. The first is at an Autobody shop, and the second is a bit different

I work for the body shop during business hours, but at night, I get on my police scanner, and listen for crashes, when I hear one, I drive to the location, and give them a business card for the body shop and tell them he's an excellent shop to go to.

every car I bring in i get 100$. Im pretty sure its legit, but who knows.
    ]

hey fuck it....if ur gettin paid then thats all that counts....its seems easy too....

My Cm7

My Cb7 (DD)

Comment

this actually doesnt seem to mess ya over dood...it seems harmless.

*Needs*
      -New shocks
      -Struts
      -Drop
      -Cleaning
      -New Tires/Wheels
      -New Window Tint
      -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
        I get on my police scanner, and listen for crashes, when I hear one, I drive to the location.
        As long as police scanners are legal where you are, and you stay the heck out of the way when you're at the accident site.

And if they're any injuries reported, stay away. People are upset enough without you waving business cards in their faces.
        2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
        Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
        1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Lol. The guy just crashed, your the first on the site, the guy is stuck in the car with blood running down his face and the first thing you find to say is:

You need a doctor to fix you up and us to fix you car. Give us a call.
          NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

well...now that i see it that way...haha i guess it is kinda bad tahaha.

*Needs*
            -New shocks
            -Struts
            -Drop
            -Cleaning
            -New Tires/Wheels
            -New Window Tint
            -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua
              well...now that i see it that way...haha i guess it is kinda bad tahaha.

Yeah, but if you have the scanner, you could also wait untill you hear the officer say they are on the scene
              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
              Disregard females, acquire currency
              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

keep a camera around

Comment

Alot of times people are distressed and not thinking straight when an accident happens. Just don't take advantage of people in that situation.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Yeah personally after an accident I wouldn't bother the people involved, but do what you gotta do, but you might not like doing that. It sounds easy enough, but it might be a hard thing to do once it actually happens.

SOLD!!
                    Boosted H22
                    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

well a major crash happened no one hurt though just smashed up cars. i came up to the fire fighters and asked him if he would hand the cards to the drivers. he took them and that was it.

pretty easy/
                      ]

Comment

no offence but if that was me in the accident and you came up to me and handed me a card i'd punch you square right in the face. you wanna make money off of something bad that just happened to me? i'd make sure i didn't bring my car to you for having the nerve to do that...just my .02

Comment

how do you know that the car in the shop was not brought in by you? Your boss could easily be lying to you.

Seems easy enought, but you get paid according to what people will do, so it could be awesome could be shitty. You gave it to the fireman, what says he gave it to the person? Also do you guys ask how your customers heard about the shop? If not, then refer to my first question.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                            It's kind of two jobs really. The first is at an Autobody shop, and the second is a bit different

I work for the body shop during business hours, but at night, I get on my police scanner, and listen for crashes, when I hear one, I drive to the location, and give them a business card for the body shop and tell them he's an excellent shop to go to.

every car I bring in i get 100$. Im pretty sure its legit, but who knows.

yeah nice man!

im pretty sure it's legal
                            i would call it advertising

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Damn, that's a good idea! Hahaha.

I know around here that you can't use police scanners for business or personal gains. Ex... hearing about a crash on the scanner, going to get pictures and then selling them to the news/media. But then again I don't know what it's like in the states lol. Just don't get caught :P

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

Working...
                              X