My trip to Savannah, St. Augustine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My trip to Savannah, St. Augustine

Hey, so I went on holiday to Savannah, GA and St. Augustine, FL, over the new year, right in the middle of a unusual cold snap, it was near freezing in GA, but I enjoyed the hell out of it. On to the pics...

The morning we left, I thought the pretty sky was a good omen

First stop, St. Aug. but just to pick up my uncle and get back on the road. We had to buy winter clothing and it was uncomfortable to stay outside.

Now it's my bro's turn to drive the CB, and I saw this giant soda can, must've been close to Jacksonville.

Jacksonville

Saw this at a rest stop, pretty sure it was in GA

OMG acura EL! had to be canadians

The EL slipping away, and my sis in the backseat

2 ways to know you're in GA, the beautiful marshes and the ugly factories

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

This bridge was right outside our hotel window, Savannah has a very strong sort of sulfuric smell with all the factories around...

Next morning, visiting a plantation, verrry chilly

They buried this guy by his swamp, I wouldn't mind facing eternity with a view like this

Enough of this coldness, to the honda-mobiles! and turn the heat to full-blast!

Comment

Check this out, the water from this fountain had landed on the shrubberies around it and froze solid! This is an amazing sight for a Floridian!

Back to downtown Savannah to walk, see the sights

Tybee island, just before we left

Lighthouse guard kittah

At the top of the lighthouse the wind is strong and with the cold weather it bites hard, and chills to the bone....and you see things you wouldn't normally see...

Like a guy summoning birds to do his bidding...

Hey look there in the distance....that's that bridge that was by my hotel

Goodbye tybee, and goodbye Savannah, I hope to come back soon!

Comment

St. Augustine, St. George street

Stained glass in a church

nice.

The college

This dog was very sweet, wanted nothing but pets. He was cold so he had to wear his sweater

We also took the time to visit my grandfather's grave, very pretty cemetery I think

Screwing around

That's it!

Comment

Looks like you had fun and froze your ass off...

Oh ya your sister is a hottie.

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
          ----
          02 Pontiac Firebird W68
          92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

It was weird being in the cold, my CB was acting up, creaking, groaning, stuff would work differently or just not work, the antenna for example would refuse to go down all the way, but it was really fun being in the cold for once in a long time, I really started to enjoy it.

Comment

some of those places are familar. it's a differnet world there.....almost like a movie insted of real life. later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

okay i'd like to put some names to these places in the pictures. "that bridge" just ain't cuttin it for me

SO, FIRST UP!

tour guide npor says...

yes, this was in ga. i've been there so many times. it sucks trying to walk on that thing during the rain..it tends to get a little slippery.

this could be a...chemical factory, oil company, paper factory, ect. that's on the OTHER side of the Talmadge bridge...the ugly industrial side.

this is the beautiful Talmadge bridge.

broughton street! right infront of the uber-expensive bleu belle boutique. all sorts of designer jeans that are in the 100.00 range. not even cool looking ones, the regular looking (i guess they fit well? i'm a boy i wouldn't know. my girl(grace) has TONS of jeans from there though ) ones. the cool ones are even more. then there's the stupid gap store, then across from gap on the same side of the street, there's this place called nour_ish. i was there earlier today, running around in the rain like a fucking idiot buying soap and shit for grace. what the hell. anyway, that's where most of the hustle and bustle is, around that area of savannah.

here's the uber-expensive marshall house! i've stayed in the hotel once before, on a 3 day weekend we had. it's a REALLY nice hotel, with an even nicer restaurant under it. but, across the street is the SWEET Sakura japanese restaurant. one of my more favored places to eat, inexpensive good food

here's.....some stupid unimportant scad building....the savannah college of ard and design owns over half of downtown now i think. stupid school that has too much money. anyway, as you can see outback steakhouse is right in the background. aswell as the city-hall. the red building where the street deadends. there is only 1 street behind that building, and that's riverstreet. alex i really hope you went down to riverstreet, it's really pretty down there.

WORMSLOE!!
                ahahaa, this place is one of the better plantations in my eyes. i know some people who live in the houses back on the back of there, and the kid is a friend of mine. we had a kegger camping deal in there once. hahaha, that's one of the more fun parties i've ever been to. funny thing, i parked EXACTLEY where that accord is parked! tons of fun.

old savannah tours! my mom works for these people. i think you're on liberty street. i was here earlier today aswell. i don't know if you noticed any of the street names, but if you walked by a graveyard on abercorn, you were actually walking ontop of dead bodies. most of the bodies that have been there for a while, died of yellow fever back in the day. kinda. anyway, way way long ago, they needed to move the graveyard to build the street that is now called abercorn...well....the people back then were so afraid of yellow fever that they didn't even dig up the bodies. they just moved the headstones and paved right over them. what's even worse, is they aren't single body plots either. there's somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15 bodies in each grave, they piled them up because they died of the yellow fever, and buired them with the quickness. just a little fun fact

funny. you literally drove right past my house on the way to see this lighthouse. on whitemarsh island, i live right off of hwy80. anyway, it's a sweet lighthouse. i dont know if you noticed the lighthouse in the water when you go over one of the bridges, but that's the lighthouse where it's at. you can only get there by boat, and its just cooler. anyway, this is the tybee lighthouse..i dont know much about it...cept for it works...and the police station is within walking distance.

that's what i like about savannah so much. you can see everything from anywhere you get high up in the air. if that makes any sense...

Comment

We walked alot around town, visiting the shops, getting coffee, trying to figure out parallel parking haha

I'm not sure if I was ever on riverstreet but we ate at the outback one night, I had to park about 5 blocks away. That same night me and my brother went on a ghost tour, it was ok, just effing freezing out

wormsloe was really nice, I love the long ass road, my dad decided to walk it while we drove, I would've but that would've meant freezing my ass off even more

I had a good time, it was really nice, though the hotel was kinda expensive, but it was a good spot. Downtown was within walking distance and everything else was just a short ride away. Food was good, people are nicer than Floridians I can say that for sure.

Comment

Ive driven next to two of them. I wanted so badly to buy their trunk w/taillights but I didnt have any $ at the time

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

this looks really cool

DEVOTE

Comment

Nice pictures. Looks like it was a lot of fun.

Nice tour npor, learned something new.
                        3 CB's gone....
                        1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
                          this looks really cool

that to me look like on the movie forest gump when he is running, and on a few other movies where its like that. it is very very pretty though. it would be cool to get married there

Nicole
                          MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X