what breeds does my dog look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d112crzy
    That's what I'm looking to do. Just play the vet or talk them into saying it's something other than a pit.
    i am looking online right now, for dogs that look sim. to pits. I will have an update in a few

Nicole
    MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

my neighbors tried to get rid of my german shepard and we dont live in city. just bc my dog bit a terrier after it attacked her in our yard. sucks, try and get her writin down as a different breed so far, but what?

Comment

GOT IT, she is part Dogo Argentino look it up, looks exactly like a pit

Nicole
        MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for your support guys.

The animal control guy called me a few minutes ago and told me to go to a vet and to pay them under the table and that they would lie for me. LOL, what a guy!

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Thanks for your support guys.

The animal control guy called me a few minutes ago and told me to go to a vet and to pay them under the table and that they would lie for me. LOL, what a guy!
            read what i wrote above you. did you know most vets just ask you what kind of dog it is.....they dont actually investigate what kind of pup it is. my mom had a lab mix and she told them it was a pure bred because she didnt want to explain what kinds of dogs it was, so on the paperwork it just said black labrador.

Nicole
            MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hondaccordgrl
              GOT IT, she is part Dogo Argentino look it up, looks exactly like a pit
              hmm, yea could be a mix of that.

here's one similar to suki

and another

What sucks is that they're from Argentina!!! I'll give that a try tho.

Comment

hmm, yea could be a mix of that.

here's one similar to suki
                [img]dog[/img]
                and another
                [img]dog[/img]

What sucks is that they're from Argentina!!! I'll give that a try tho.
                so, that doesnt mean there arnt any here in the states. there are tons of breeds that are brought here from other countries, thats why there are sooo many mixed dogs. but your pooch can be a dogo dont tell them its a pit, say its a dogo, and be done with it, get her shots or whatever at the vet, or just a check up to make sure she is ok, and get the paperwork (receipt) and it should say, dogo/sheperd mix. Will nto say pit mix. good luck

Nicole
                MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

man people are *** as hell...isnt it a stereotype of that kind of dog that lead people to believe things that are inaccurate?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Dogo Argentino kind of looks like her...

"click the picture for members thread"

Comment

Originally posted by hondaccordgrl
                      so, that doesnt mean there arnt any here in the states. there are tons of breeds that are brought here from other countries, thats why there are sooo many mixed dogs. but your pooch can be a dogo dont tell them its a pit, say its a dogo, and be done with it, get her shots or whatever at the vet, or just a check up to make sure she is ok, and get the paperwork (receipt) and it should say, dogo/sheperd mix. Will nto say pit mix. good luck
                      That is a great fucking idea!

yea, I just called and made an appt for tomorrow for a check up.

Gona say it's dogo/husky mix

Comment

She even went to lick the animal control guy.

But yes, APBT are bully dogs.

LOL. My dog would have bit him and I have a lab/collie/grey hound mix. She's bit my friends before when they come in the house without me there or when we're wrestling
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

Comment

Suki never bites unless it's one of her chew toys and we're exercising her jaw. She only nibbles when we're wrestling too.

Comment

The petition is a good idea IMO. Get your neighbors, especially the ones that their property borders yours, to sign saying that they have not known Suki to be aggressive or dangerous.

SOME cities around here offer what they call a "Dangerous Dog Permit." This permit requires you have the dog insured just incase the dog should cause personal injury. You the owner accept FULL responsibility for the actions of the "dangerous dog".

I know the City that I live in "prohibits the keeping of any pit bull dog. Pit bull dog is defined by code as a Staffordshire bull terrier breed of dog; American pit bull terrier; American Staffordshire terrier; or any dog which has the appearance and characteristics of being predominantly of the breeds of Staffordshire bull terrier, American pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, or any combination of these."

Do some research and see how long your city's ordinance has been on the books. Is it something that is fairly new or has it been around for a while? Depending on how old it is the better a chance of finding a loophole that would allow you to keep Suki. Also it might not hurt to show that city that you are serious about keeping Suki by introducing yourself to a city council member. Try to see what that person thinks of the ordinance. All it takes is one powerful person to get the ball rolling to make a change.

I have worked in an Animal Shelter and some of the meanest dogs that came through the shelter were Pit Bulls, while at the same time some of the sweetest dogs were also Pit Bulls. IMO, ANY dog has the potential to be violent or aggressive, it is a matter of the owner.

Breed specific bans do not make sense to me. Making assumptions just because of a dog's breed is, IMO, the same as making assumptions about a person because of the color of their skin.

I would not recommend trying to pay off a Vet to get them to say something in your favor. All that takes is one Vet that doesn't agree with what you are trying to do and you get reported to the Police for attempting to bribe someone to falsify a document to be presented to the city government. There is to much that could very easily go wrong with that strategy IMO. One wrong move and you take the chance of Suki being removed from your home with NO say on where she goes or what happens to her. I don't know about you, but I would never take that chance if it were my dog and I in that position.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
                              The petition is a good idea IMO. Get your neighbors, especially the ones that their property borders yours, to sign saying that they have not known Suki to be aggressive or dangerous.

SOME cities around here offer what they call a "Dangerous Dog Permit." This permit requires you have the dog insured just incase the dog should cause personal injury. You the owner accept FULL responsibility for the actions of the "dangerous dog".

I know the City that I live in "prohibits the keeping of any pit bull dog. Pit bull dog is defined by code as a Staffordshire bull terrier breed of dog; American pit bull terrier; American Staffordshire terrier; or any dog which has the appearance and characteristics of being predominantly of the breeds of Staffordshire bull terrier, American pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, or any combination of these."

Do some research and see how long your city's ordinance has been on the books. Is it something that is fairly new or has it been around for a while? Depending on how old it is the better a chance of finding a loophole that would allow you to keep Suki. Also it might not hurt to show that city that you are serious about keeping Suki by introducing yourself to a city council member. Try to see what that person thinks of the ordinance. All it takes is one powerful person to get the ball rolling to make a change.

I have worked in an Animal Shelter and some of the meanest dogs that came through the shelter were Pit Bulls, while at the same time some of the sweetest dogs were also Pit Bulls. IMO, ANY dog has the potential to be violent or aggressive, it is a matter of the owner.

Breed specific bans do not make sense to me. Making assumptions just because of a dog's breed is, IMO, the same as making assumptions about a person because of the color of their skin.

I would not recommend trying to pay off a Vet to get them to say something in your favor. All that takes is one Vet that doesn't agree with what you are trying to do and you get reported to the Police for attempting to bribe someone to falsify a document to be presented to the city government. There is to much that could very easily go wrong with that strategy IMO. One wrong move and you take the chance of Suki being removed from your home with NO say on where she goes or what happens to her. I don't know about you, but I would never take that chance if it were my dog and I in that position.

Good luck, and keep us posted.
                              Good advice man, thanks.

The paper given to me reads

"Pit bull dog means any pit bull terrier. Pit bull terrier means any American pit bull terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, American bulldog or American Staffordshire terrier breed of dog or any mixed breed of dog which contains an element of its breeding the breed of American pit bull terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, American bulldog or American Staffordshire terrier so as to be identifiable as partially of the breed American pit bull terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier, American bulldog, or America Staffordshire terrier."

It's been here for a while now. Way before the Michael Vick thing. I'll see what I can do about it though.

Comment

Staffordshire Terriers/Lab Mix

they wont have a clue what the fuck a Staffordshire is.

I REALLY hope everything goes your way........Pit's aren't allowed in my apartment complex, but I really don't give two shits.......

*edit*

didn't read the above post.......

Boxer/Lab?

Mastiff/Lab?
                                Last edited by verothacamaro; 01-14-2008, 07:10 PM.
                                14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Working...
                                X