Innovations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Innovations

I was just thinking about what happened to all the innovative members that used to be on this site.

A few years ago, when I first was on here we had people left and right building engines, putting on DSM turbo's, all sort of head swaps.

I still remember the better times when we had Uncle_El schooling people, when USC was one of the first to have the big brake kit, when Accord_R33 sold dsm kits and chipped ecu's. When MRX started getting into the chipping business. Even fugishi res used to sell his short shifters and had big development plans for the CB7 Platform.

But I guess times were when we all cared about function and less about appearance.

The ones that have been here for a while will know what I am talking about.

i missed all that .

I wish they were still around though.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

You know, I see these kinds of threads every once in awhile, and it really makes me wish I had the chance to join back then.
      Originally posted by 92dm
      I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
      VOUCHES
      Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

Originally posted by bluecb7
        You know, I see these kinds of threads every once in awhile, and it really makes me wish I had the chance to join back then.
        same and everone also talks about when there was no flaming at all and everyone got along really well

Comment

many of the original members have moved on and sold their CB7s. The newer "generation" of accord owners on the site are either borderline retarded or don't have the personal/emotional connection to the site that used to power the ambition to write great DIYs and think of new ideas.

Its unfortunate, but life goes on, cars get older, and people buy new ones

I like to think that although i havn't contributed much in the way of technical information in years, Iv tried to make up for it in other ways.
          Last edited by Accord R33; 01-13-2008, 11:44 PM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Yeah the knowledgeable thread at the time where good but unfortunately to some of us some of those good things come to an end and for those who just came into the game they live on for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
              many of the original members have moved on and sold their CB7s. The newer "generation" of accord owners on the site are either borderline retarded or don't have the personal/emotional connection to the site that used to power the ambition to write great DIYs and think of new ideas.

Its unfortunate, but life goes on, cars get older, and people buy new ones

I like to think that although i havn't contributed much in the way of technical information in years, Iv tried to make up for it in other ways.
              You have had a big contribution to this site, There is still that DSM install guide floating around. That has help countless people.

I understand what you are saying, I know most move on onto better things but there knowledge was left here for us. Its sad to see that no one really cares anymore. But what can you do.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                You have had a big contribution to this site, There is still that DSM install guide floating around. That has help countless people.

I understand what you are saying, I know most move on onto better things but there knowledge was left here for us. Its sad to see that no one really cares anymore. But what can you do.
                Agreed. The common questions either got repeated like 4000+ times or there were new innovations in JDMism.

I just turned around and bought a Mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                  I was just thinking about what happened to all the innovative members that used to be on this site.

A few years ago, when I first was on here we had people left and right building engines, putting on DSM turbo's, all sort of head swaps.

I still remember the better times when we had Uncle_El schooling people, when USC was one of the first to have the big brake kit, when Accord_R33 sold dsm kits and chipped ecu's. When MRX started getting into the chipping business. Even fugishi res used to sell his short shifters and had big development plans for the CB7 Platform.

But I guess times were when we all cared about function and less about appearance.

The ones that have been here for a while will know what I am talking about.
                  hahah i know what you mean man. but at the time the things that you mentioned were new to us all and everyone was like "wow" that is why they have left a big impression on us....
                  there are people that still build engines/turbo swap trannys etc etc etc, but that is nothing new. lol
                  are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

i'm sure there is always coming and going.....
                    good and bad, sad and happy...but life move on...
                    -lot of new members...yet, its all online...

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Working...
                    X