Hopefully I don't go to jail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully I don't go to jail.

I just found out that my speeding ticket (43mph in 30mph zone) was $158. I hope I don't go to jail for this. I really want to save the money for my N/A F22A1 project. But, Dekalb County says I have to go to court and explain to the judge why I can't pay for the ticket. I have no job and no money. Pretty simple, right? I hope the judge throws this out the window, otherwise I can kiss my license and my project goodbye.

~DirtySouthHonda

no job and no money is not an excuse as driving is not a right it is a privilege. im sure if show proof of financially uncapable community service can be given
    So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Originally posted by DirtySouthHonda
      I really want to save the money for my N/A F22A1 project. But, Dekalb County says I have to go to court and explain to the judge why I can't pay for the ticket. I have no job and no money.

How will you save up money without a job?
      2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
      Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
      1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

you have enough for gas and insurance, how is it you can't pay a speeding ticket ?

thats proly what the judge will say, where i live this would not happen, I just wouldn't beable to insure my car until my ticket was payed, no court or judge to deal with.

Originally posted by cp[mike]
        the joys of digging into an old car, its like christmas every time you try to fix something. "woohoo!! more rust and broken parts! sweet!!!"

Comment

You cannot obtain $158? That is sad.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
            You cannot obtain $158? That is sad.

x2. sounds like you need to reorganize what needs attention and what don't. having mods and a project car is not something everyone has, even ppl who work.
            So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

1. Projects can wait.
              2. If you like to get arrested go for it.
              3. Pay it and get it over with.
              4. 158 isnt hard to find go sell drugs or something.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

To those saying that 158 dollars isnt hard to get at all.....I will say I wish that I could be so lucky....Ive been working since I was 15 and there were times since Ive bought this cb that I could barley make my monthly insurance....Getting an extra 50 dollars would have been a chore at times.....and none of it would have been because I was lazy or I wasted my money because it took me a year to make the first mods on my cb since I could barley make ends meet.

I know this guy isnt working or watever and thats his choice (or maybe not)....and its his fault he got a speeding ticket....but sometimes life kicks you while your down and theres not much you can do about it.

If he doesnt have money cuz he wasted it on other things rather than take care of shit that needs to be taken care of.....I have no sympathy for him.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

No, he can find, or sell some shit to make $158 if it means not going to jail.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter
                  [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                    No, he can find, or sell some shit to make $158 if it means not going to jail.
                    I guess thats true....I was never faced with the possiblity of going to jail....If I was the cb would be sold to pay off watever lol

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by King James
                      I guess thats true....I was never faced with the possiblity of going to jail....If I was the cb would be sold to pay off watever lol

That's what I was thinking. If nothing else, sell the Accord, buy something cheaper, pay your tickets, and learn your lesson.
                      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                      Disregard females, acquire currency
                      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by DirtySouthHonda
                        I just found out that my speeding ticket (43mph in 30mph zone) was $158. I hope I don't go to jail for this. I really want to save the money for my N/A F22A1 project. But, Dekalb County says I have to go to court and explain to the judge why I can't pay for the ticket. I have no job and no money. Pretty simple, right? I hope the judge throws this out the window, otherwise I can kiss my license and my project goodbye.

~DirtySouthHonda

It's really easy. If I were you, I would walk in and tell them that I can't afford the fine.

They will piss and moan and give a bunch of shit, and then you just look at them, and say, "I broke the law, and I am here to pay my dues. I don't have money, so that isn't an option. Tell me where you want to report for jail, and or community service, and I will serve whatever sentence you deem fit, and will correct the wrong that I have committed."

Here is where it gets good. They don't want you in jail. You don't pay taxes, and you are a drain on the system in jail. They want your money. If you don't have it to pay, then what? They can give you jail or community service. They probably don't want to do that.

They can garnish your wages, but I don't expect that would be their first choice, as it costs them $$.

Also, I usually plead not guilty, and make them fire up the legal system, because in most cases, they spend more taking you to court than they will recoup on a measly speeding ticket. $158 doesn't go very far when you have to pay everyone involved and do the paperwork.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                          $158 doesn't go very far when you have to pay everyone involved and do the paperwork.
                          It also doesn't go very far if I have to take a day off work for court!
                          2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                          Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                          1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

the 158 is just the ticket alone right ? cause dont you have to pay court cost on top of that 158
                            UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                            NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

well jesus, most of the time you'll get an extension, maybe even another month or two. it's not nearly as serious as it's made out to be and at worst, they'll pull your license until you can pay and then they'll tack on some fines.

they don't and hardly ever will send you to jail unless you just don't show up and then you'll have a warrant with your name on it and even then, they'll just take your license and make you pay more money later to get them back.

ending up in jail is almost not a possibility.

Comment

Working...
                              X