Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winsheild Wipers

WHat brand or type do you use?

I am in the market for some, and and i want some that wipe good.

On my dads new RL those things are amazing, as well as on my dads s-class.

Any recommendations?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Your dad has an RL AND an S-class? Holy crap!

I use whatever is cheap at Pep Boys... works for me. Bosch has their expensive line that is supposed to be good, though... and PIAA has some that look pretty kickass as well (and they don't make cheap crap).

Can't say from experience, though.

I would definitely invest in some RainX as well. That stuff is amazing.

Comment

i dunno about rain-x being good. I heard after like 6 months its gone to shit. Ic rather pay $50 now and never worry about them instead of a series of $20s.

Or are you talking about rainx crap that you wipe on the windshiled? In probably gonna do that.

checked out the benz wipers and theyre really flimsy. The seem spinless, but the rubber that touches the glass is really soft. I also looked at the RL ones, and they are shit type that i have on the accord, they just have like a bracket that the slip onto and then you clip them in. I guess the bracket keeps them straight and tight against the window.

yea hes got both, but hes trying to sell the benz. German quality

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

Comment

I recently purchased the cheapest set of wipers walmart had so it ended up being like $7 after tax.

But i bought these when i bought my car like 3 years ago and they're still in good shape http://www.tripledge.com/.
        I haven't had any complaints about that particular blade other than when dirt builds up within the openings it doesn't wipe as good, but once you thoroughly clean them your good to go.

I just wanted to see how the tripledge ones compared to the cheap Pylon ones.

One good thing about the tripledge ones is that they're made of silicon and are suppose to never wear out.

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
        Frost White Member 13
        My Ride
        "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

Don't get rain-x they work only for a couple of motnhs and goes to shit. Seriously I went through 5 sets in 1 year. After that I forked over and got the Michellins. W/e its called.
          "form follows function."
          Louis Sullivan

Comment

I got the ones that came with the car, seem decent so far!
            wat?

Comment

I just put rain x on my car I need to get new arms more than I need new wippers the teeth are stripped so at high speeds with them on they leave a mark on my drivers side front pillar
              F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
              My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
              Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

i use bosch on all my cars cuz they are free. best to use with rainx washer fluid. use the rainx to clean all the windows for a wonderful affect

Comment

I have been using these Trico Innovision wipers last two times I have bought wipers. They do not have the standard metal frame thingy. They use this curved plastic that conform completely to the curved glass, and stay very well.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter
                  [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

I'm using Bosch Icon wipers and so far they are fantastic

Comment

i have cheapo dual blades from autozone an they work great
                      UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                      NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

for you bosch Icon users, how long do they last?

Comment

Originally posted by Chan_Man
                          Don't get rain-x they work only for a couple of motnhs and goes to shit. Seriously I went through 5 sets in 1 year. After that I forked over and got the Michellins. W/e its called.
                          because you are not suppose to use them to take ice off the windshield.

i usually only replace the driver's side however autozone had a buy one get one free duralast special and the realy only reason why i replaced it is because the passenger side rubber fell off and the metal started scratching my windshield....thats a real ice scraper right there
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I've had the same pair of wiper blades, Bosch microedge, since Nov of 06' oh and i live in AZ, do you know what that does to rubber? Well, they're actually a blend of rubbber/silicone so I'd consider them pretty good. It rained just last weekend and they don't skip, chatter or leave streaks at all, and they're a year old. So Bosch deserves a from me.

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                              i dunno about rain-x being good. I heard after like 6 months its gone to shit.

I have those & yes it does

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                              X