This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
    Dude I wouldn't get either man. You don't reallly seem to know what you're doing and you just jump into them becuase you can. That's no reason to do so. Think about it longer, look into it more, and consider how much things are going to cost to fix. Both cars will give you werid problems in some way.

Keep looking around and then make a better decision unless you've got the money to drop. But why spend hte money if you don't really seem to care and you'll just want something new a few months after?

it's weird how cb7tuners can talk bad about like other cars and how there not realiable and weird and break down

honestly the only cars that EVER broke down on me are Accords! and
    my accords ALWAYS had things fucking up! not saying nothing bad about
    them but EVERY CAR has their ups and downs!

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris
      it's weird how cb7tuners can talk bad about like other cars and how there not realiable and weird and break down

No dude, that's completey true. But these other cars are newer and experience weird problems that typically cost more to repair. In return they have more benifits, so it's a trade off. I just don't think it's worth it, that's all.

You asked for opinions and I have seen some examples with these cars so I shared it.

If you recall I spoke well of the durango which your mom now has. So you shouldn't tell me that.

What have you owned besides accord that have been so much better?
      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
        No dude, that's completey true. But these other cars are newer and experience weird problems that typically cost more to repair. In return they have more benifits, so it's a trade off. I just don't think it's worth it, that's all.

If you recall I spoke well of the durango which your mom now has. So you shouldn't tell me that.

What have you owned besides accord that have been so much better?
        yeah i recall..

ALL CARS..are good and it depends how you treat it, redline it, and maintenace it

if you wanna floor it every stop light and just wanna road rage all day!
        then your gonna have problems but imo treat it like it's your girlfriend..
        give it some love, oil, and time and you'll have it forever! imo

like my moms town and country we bought at an auction for like $1000 bucks
        and we do the oil changes and stuff frequently! and it's been here forever!! maybe 4 years

but yeah we've changed like o2 sensor, brakes, tires that's about it

and my mom likes to speed!!!

Comment

Sure they do, and obviously, you don't need our input, so why ask?

As far as "Honda" problems, our first one has just under 200K on the clock. I can probably count on slightly more than one hand the number of oil changes it has had. And it NEVER broke down until after 150K.

I am at 240K, with no issues. All of our other ones have similar results. If they have needed anything, it generally fell into the category of "routine" maintenance.

You have to admit one thing, Honda didn't gain the brand loyalty, and reputation they did by selling junk.

If you want unbiased opinions and reviews, you should be at Consumer Guide and Edmunds.

Besides, it isn't like about 99.5% of the bashing in here hasn't been backed up with real world experience. Maybe it was limited, maybe not. You will have to decide that for yourself.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

yeah i recall..

ALL CARS..are good and it depends how you treat it, redline it, and maintenace it

if you wanna floor it every stop light and just wanna road rage all day!
            then your gonna have problems but imo treat it like it's your girlfriend..
            give it some love, oil, and time and you'll have it forever! imo

like my moms town and country we bought at an auction for like $1000 bucks
            and we do the oil changes and stuff frequently! and it's been here forever!! maybe 4 years

but yeah we've changed like o2 sensor, brakes, tires that's about it

and my mom likes to speed!!!
            I run the shit out of my car everyday, because it is fun. How do you explain my longevity then?

And 4 years isn't forever. Try 20+ and get back to me.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
              Sure they do, and obviously, you don't need our input, so why ask?

As far as "Honda" problems, our first one has just under 200K on the clock. I can probably count on slightly more than one hand the number of oil changes it has had. And it NEVER broke down until after 150K.

I am at 240K, with no issues. All of our other ones have similar results. If they have needed anything, it generally fell into the category of "routine" maintenance.

You have to admit one thing, Honda didn't gain the brand loyalty, and reputation they did by selling junk.

If you want unbiased opinions and reviews, you should be at Consumer Guide and Edmunds.

Besides, it isn't like about 99.5% of the bashing in here hasn't been backed up with real world experience. Maybe it was limited, maybe not. You will have to decide that for yourself.
              hold on looking at the year to year changes i belive the audi is either a 1996 or 1997

Comment

from consumerguideauto

1996-2001 Audi A4
                Expert Rating Summary
                Category
                Audi A4 2.8 sedan Rating
                (See All Ratings)

Performance 5
                Fuel Economy 4
                Ride Quality 5
                Steering/Handling/Braking 6
                Quietness 5
                Controls/Materials 6
                Interior Room 5
                Room/Comfort (rear) 2
                Cargo Capacity 3
                Value within Class 4

Total Score: 45

------------------------------------------------

1999-2005 Volkswagen Golf/Jetta
                Expert Rating Summary
                Category
                (See All Ratings)

Performance 6
                Fuel Economy 6
                Ride Quality 5
                Steering/Handling/Braking 8
                Quietness 5
                Controls/Materials 7
                Interior Room 6
                Room/Comfort (rear) 2
                Cargo Capacity 6
                Value within Class 4

Total Score: 55

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                  I run the shit out of my car everyday, because it is fun. How do you explain my longevity then?

And 4 years isn't forever. Try 20+ and get back to me.
                  Owequitit, always there to stick up for Honda's! haha. Makes me feel less bad when bashing on VW/Audi's...

But seriously, it's a different kind of car. Look at my grandma's passat, the windsheidl wiper can't just be replaced, it needs part of the arm replaced and in turn costs about 100 dollars for new ones. I don't know the cost on our cars but I'm sure it's less. It just seems that German cars are over engineered, but then you get teh benefits of that like BMW's with their 50/50 weight balance. So it's a different car for sure, but reliability goes to Honda. If you are intersted in other things turn to Audi etc. And if you have the money to fix the Audi then go for it. I'm just saying from my experience what you're getting yourself into. And I personally wouldn't own either car, but for the price the A4 is worth it, but the regular price oflike 10k isn't.

Edit, notice the value within class. Our accords are 8! Just something to think about.

Comment

that's how the jettas/golfs

caught on fire!! guys

1999 Jetta: If the vehicle is driven with a rear flat tire, the fuel-tank filler neck can wear, causing a fuel leak and possible fire.

dumbasses

Comment

Built In: Germany, Mexico, Brazil

my cousing in mexico maybe built this jetta j.k

but yeah the JETTA is the main car in Mexico Btw!
                      and im mexican fyi

Comment

Yeah, and Fords are one of the main cars in America. I wouldn't be caught dead driving one.

Stop following the trend and do your own fucking thing. If you need people to make up your mind for you, how are you ever going to survive on your own? You are almost as bad as head4life defending his drug habits as if it's an honorable thing to defend.
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                          Yeah, and Fords are one of the main cars in America. I wouldn't be caught dead driving one.
                          Depends man. gt500's and trucks are reasonable!

Seriously, just get whatever the hell you want chris. We don't have to drive them, in my case I'm happy about that.

Comment

dude, dont get any. Your in fucking high school. You are not prepared to be driving on of these.

The repair costs are crazy and they do break a lot. Its not even about you taking care of it, but the electrical shit just randomly works and randomly dosent. Wat use is power windows/ABS or whatever if it only works when it feels like working. Plus your un fucking high school. WTF are you gonna go in debt to be a shitty balla? Especiallt since your not gonna be able to afford for the maintaince and other things thats gonna break.

You honda had problems bc you bought them cheap. WTF is gonna sell a properly working H22 accord for $1500? I mean common you thought it was in perfect condition when you bought it? You buy shit cheap be prepared to pay for it later. Looking at your history al you accord were bought for really cheap(like $500 cheap, except for the h22). LIke duh theyre gonna have problems.

You can buy a accord for $500 and put in $1000 worth of stuff into it to make it reliable and perfect and use all your elbow grease, or you can pay $2500 for a accord that will last forever and only need routin mantinence.

You obviously (from what i can tell) dont know how to work on cars. I mean you asked us how to unravel your fucking seatbelt. You ran into some minor(i think) problems on the h22 and you bitched out and sold it. You really think that thats not gonna happen with these cars? German cars are known to have electrical problems as well as many others? You think your gonna be exempt from this? Especially with that price?

In all honesty go out and buy a mind 89 camry or something like that for $1000 and itll last your forever. (or some other well-known reliable car). I dont see a shitload of cb7s around here becasue there was a whole bunch sold in the NE i between 90-93, but becasue they reliable and last forever with the proper care.

The whole new modern thing is speak whats on your mind. That is not true and you shouldnt tell everyone whats on your mind. THINK first. Think about what you thinking. Ponder on it. Once you've come to a decision about what you originally thought, think about it some more(and for you a couple more times). After all this thinking, if what you first thought makes sense then tell someone about it. Your mouth is not supposed to be directly connected to you brain and blab of whatever your thoughts are right when you get them. This is why there is so much stupid in this world. Bc everyone just blabs the first thing that comes to their mind......

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                              dude, dont get any. Your in fucking high school. You are not prepared to be driving on of these.

The repair costs are crazy and they do break a lot. Its not even about you taking care of it, but the electrical shit just randomly works and randomly dosent. Wat use is power windows/ABS or whatever if it only works when it feels like working. Plus your un fucking high school. WTF are you gonna go in debt to be a shitty balla? Especiallt since your not gonna be able to afford for the maintaince and other things thats gonna break.

You honda had problems bc you bought them cheap. WTF is gonna sell a properly working H22 accord for $1500? I mean common you thought it was in perfect condition when you bought it? You buy shit cheap be prepared to pay for it later. Looking at your history al you accord were bought for really cheap(like $500 cheap, except for the h22). LIke duh theyre gonna have problems.

You can buy a accord for $500 and put in $1000 worth of stuff into it to make it reliable and perfect and use all your elbow grease, or you can pay $2500 for a accord that will last forever and only need routin mantinence.

You obviously (from what i can tell) dont know how to work on cars. I mean you asked us how to unravel your fucking seatbelt. You ran into some minor(i think) problems on the h22 and you bitched out and sold it. You really think that thats not gonna happen with these cars? German cars are known to have electrical problems as well as many others? You think your gonna be exempt from this? Especially with that price?

In all honesty go out and buy a mind 89 camry or something like that for $1000 and itll last your forever. (or some other well-known reliable car). I dont see a shitload of cb7s around here becasue there was a whole bunch sold in the NE i between 90-93, but becasue they reliable and last forever with the proper care.

The whole new modern thing is speak whats on your mind. That is not true and you shouldnt tell everyone whats on your mind. THINK first. Think about what you thinking. Ponder on it. Once you've come to a decision about what you originally thought, think about it some more(and for you a couple more times). After all this thinking, if what you first thought makes sense then tell someone about it. Your mouth is not supposed to be directly connected to you brain and blab of whatever your thoughts are right when you get them. This is why there is so much stupid in this world. Bc everyone just blabs the first thing that comes to their mind......
                              don't worry i got money..i only bought cheap accords because i thought the
                              $2500 ones weren't worth it lol..but yeah i do work alot and im not in high school anymore fyi i got my ged. (Due to really bad family problems a while back) and i got a full time job and i DJ on weekends! so im pretty much straight right now

but yeah in april 2006
                              i was with my dad at one of the restaurants he owned and
                              you know the street signs that have like the restaurant name
                              my dad was fixing it on a tall ladder and i was holding the ladder
                              at the bottom...the ladder was idk 30 feet high..and all of a sudden
                              my dad's unconsious..and hes stuck to the sign and i fliiped out then
                              he went to the side and feel down and try to catch him and he landed on
                              me and threw me other and he landed on the floor (sidewalk) it all seemed
                              to take hours at that moment..my mom called the ambulance and it seemed
                              to take hours for them to come..my dad was breathing really slow like once
                              every 10 seconds and after like 3 mins no breathing at all..his forehead was cut open (the electricity went in from his forehead) and it came out his left
                              hand..his whole hand was red with blood!..he smelled like something burnt
                              and he died..after the paramedics came they brought him back
                              but he spent 3 months in a comma..1 year in rehab and a 16 hour operation
                              on his left hand to reconstruct EVERYTHING in his hand..he's got mental
                              problems still and from that day it's been

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079

I really could not have said this stuff better. I, too, have heard about the infamous electrical gremlins that plague German cars.

My parents, who live in Italy, drive around 2 German cars and it's the same old story every time I talk to them. "Car's broke, I'm not sure what's broke but it'll cost $500 to fix" and this is every month or so. My dad is a wiz with tools and such but the cars are locked down so tight and parts are so expensive that you can't cut corners by doing things yourself.

There is a disclaimer to this info though. First, the two cars are a 1994 Audi Quattro S4 with the never-available-in-the-states 4.2L V8 (hauls like a sonofabitch when it works!) and a 1991 BMW 320i with the I-6 engine. No matter how you look at it, they are unusual cars and unusual cars cost more to fix.

The main point still holds true though, don't get either since you'll spend more in insurance and replacement parts. Look to more reliable brand names. While you may not get the bling factor, or whatever it is you're looking to get from the VW or Audi, you'll at least have a car that works. Honda is a good name, as is Toyota, though I'm sure there are those who would fight me on that.
                                Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                                D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                                ┴─┴
                                ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Working...
                                X