This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are both the same company.

My friend has an 01 a4. I'm thoroughly unimpressed. The inside isn't that nice, they look okay, but they just seem finicky. His is a 1.8 I believe and you can feel the turbo shake a bit. It's just rough. His keeps having problems right after the warranty is up. He would always tell me how "reliable they are" and shit. I would be like ya ya okay. And then all of a sudden it started breaking a bunch and he's like you're right. Just dumb little electrical things screw up and requires lots of cost at teh dealer.

Onto VW, two of my friends that are GIRLS (VERY GIRLY CAR) own Jettas. My grandma has a passat and it's really nice at first, but thigns are just designed weird and cost more. And at 40 something thousand miles she is running into problems. My friends Jetta is in really bad condition but I drove it once and the TCU or something was fucked because it wouldn't shift... OH my friends A4 did the same things once. Wouldn't stop redlining 1st, he couldn't switch gears no matter what he did to the throttle. And my friends' Jetta had malfunctioning tail lights / break lights.

Sorry for the rant, but I just see a lot of VW/Audi's seeing problems and wouldn't buy either car unless I had a lot of money and was getting a newer nicer model. The old ones aren't worth anything besides saying you've got a _____ or looking more respectable than having a honda.

Actually, I'm sure they are designed for great balance, great steering, and a more solid feel than an older honda. But this should be obvious because they are newer and pricier cars, especially the a4.

That being said, both seem like great deals since I usually see cd5 accords going for those prices which are obvioulsy older and less classy.

I'd take the Audi, cheaper, less girly, and just better looking. But expect weird problems to surface, especially at those miles.
    Last edited by ilovemycb7; 01-09-2008, 01:10 AM.
    Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Audis cost more to insure and repair. Quattro and V6 both mean your gas mileage will be worse than the 4cyl FWD Jetta.

Neither car is turbo, so they're both kinda "eh" when it comes to performance enthusiasts. The Audi with the V6 would be a decent performer, though.

That Audi should NOT be so cheap. If your uncle was selling to anyone but you, it'd probably go for $7,000 easily... maybe more. I was looking at 2000 A4 1.8t's with mileage in the 60-80k range from dealerships and public auctions (not much better than dealerships) for $9,000-$10,000.

If you don't drive a whole lot, and you can afford the gas and insurance (call your company... they could give you an answer, we can't) then the Audi would probably be better. It's a cooler looking car. It's going to be more fun to drive. And the AWD will probably be safer in bad weather. Plus, being your age with an A4 would be pretty damn kickass. I didn't even have a car until I was 19, and then it was an 87 Dodge Shadow (turbo... but 140hp )

Comment

I'd have to say that girls do love jetta's, but if they like the jetta and you own it, well then it's like the bait, "ooh nice car... gotcha bitch!"

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Then Chris would reproduce. Get the Audi.

Comment

Well both are great cars when they are properly taken care of....but i have heard that Audi's are more of a high maintaince car...
            accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
            ....................My New Baby
            SOLD TO
            ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

I've also seen 2 Jettas on fire. And a Passat (which is related to the A4)

Comment

I saw a gti on fire

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                where you been, is something wrong?
                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Do you have a girlfriend?
                  I thought i was on the net alot.

ANYWHO, ill take the AUDI
                  **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                  Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                  Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    Audis cost more to insure and repair. Quattro and V6 both mean your gas mileage will be worse than the 4cyl FWD Jetta.

Neither car is turbo, so they're both kinda "eh" when it comes to performance enthusiasts. The Audi with the V6 would be a decent performer, though.

That Audi should NOT be so cheap. If your uncle was selling to anyone but you, it'd probably go for $7,000 easily... maybe more. I was looking at 2000 A4 1.8t's with mileage in the 60-80k range from dealerships and public auctions (not much better than dealerships) for $9,000-$10,000.

If you don't drive a whole lot, and you can afford the gas and insurance (call your company... they could give you an answer, we can't) then the Audi would probably be better. It's a cooler looking car. It's going to be more fun to drive. And the AWD will probably be safer in bad weather. Plus, being your age with an A4 would be pretty damn kickass. I didn't even have a car until I was 19, and then it was an 87 Dodge Shadow (turbo... but 140hp )
                    The 2.8 V6 is eh, decent. High compression is fun though.
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter
                    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

I say keep searching for another car. If yo're looking into modding the Audi(for Engine performance) The V6 version won't be a good choice. Now if it was a 1.8t then you'd be rolling. As for the volkswagon, my dad had a 97 eurovan... Don't even get me started.

There are plenty of other fun cars to choose. Have a looks around.. and Msn auto can greatly help you find information(specs, gas mileage, hp, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        I've also seen 2 Jettas on fire. And a Passat (which is related to the A4)
                        yeah really?

well i heard shit cost more to replace in audi! and high maintenance
                        the volkswagen is more like a accord imo
                        4 cly fwd 4 door! low 150 hp! and i'd say if you make it look nice
                        it wouldn't look girly lol well actually (no joke) alot of teenage girls drive busted
                        up grandma accords!

but i gotta drive both!

maybe my uncle is having problems with it
                        and the audi does have more miles! maybe even 140'ish since he still drives it!

well...only time will say!
                        and yea i drive EVERYDAY!!! so maybe a 4 cylinder! idunno

and yeah i have a girlfriend

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                          I say keep searching for another car. If yo're looking into modding the Audi(for Engine performance) The V6 version won't be a good choice. Now if it was a 1.8t then you'd be rolling. As for the volkswagon, my dad had a 97 eurovan... Don't even get me started.

There are plenty of other fun cars to choose. Have a looks around.. and Msn auto can greatly help you find information(specs, gas mileage, hp, etc)
                          yeah i been everywhere on the net really!
                          and i searched craigslist, autotrader, cars.com, american classifields ! and locally
                          and can't find anything! but i heard the 1.8T SUCKS! i got of my friends that
                          works at VW and he said those go in the dealership for repairs more than anything
                          i heard the best engines for jetta are the VR6 or the 2.0L!

Comment

I would go with the A4, but thats just because I've always thought of Audi as a step up from VW...

I am also wondering about the price, because that is really cheap for the audi.

Comment

Originally posted by Catch-22
                              I would go with the A4, but thats just because I've always thought of Audi as a step up from VW...

I am also wondering about the price, because that is really cheap for the audi.
                              maybe like i said high miles idk?

could be something wrong with it idk

Comment

Dude I wouldn't get either man. You don't reallly seem to know what you're doing and you just jump into them becuase you can. That's no reason to do so. Think about it longer, look into it more, and consider how much things are going to cost to fix. Both cars will give you werid problems in some way.

Keep looking around and then make a better decision unless you've got the money to drop. But why spend hte money if you don't really seem to care and you'll just want something new a few months after?
                                Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X