Any idea how I can gain weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea how I can gain weight?

Okay so I havn't been eating a lot lately maybe once or twice a day. For some reason I don't get hungry until the wee hours of the morning for say 1-4 a.m.. Now I have super high metabolism so you know I can eat and eat. My normal weight is around 140-150. Now I am at 125-130. So I lost a lot of weight. Adding to having high metabolism, I can't gain any weight back. I skip breakbfast. Usually eat lunch around 1-5 in the afternoon and sometimes eat dinner real late also.

I wonder if you guys have any suggestions. I use to and can eat a lot, but now I can barely eat a normal hamburger and fries. I'm a smoker and be quitting soon because I'll be hitting the gym so I can get back into my old high school shape. I'm a skinny guy. Not real skinny becuase I'm toned out.

So give me some suggestions and idea. No flaming please. Also I want to know if this is bad for my health and immune system for not consistingly eating 3 times a day.

P.S. I suck at spelling and my grammar is off.
    Last edited by Chan_Man; 01-06-2008, 04:18 PM.
    "form follows function."
    Louis Sullivan

eat something when you wake up, maybe just a banana, or a granola bar, 1 egg... just something, start slowly. dont try and stuff yourself or you will just stretch out your stomach.

eat something small ever hour or two. if your going to hit the gym you need constant nutriants in your body
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Good suggestion. I been eating before I go to bed though hoping that will work.
      "form follows function."
      Louis Sullivan

Comment

I believe the key is many small meals.

Like east 6-7 times a day just enough until you are satisfied, not full.

I could be wrong though

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Go to McDonald's 4 to 5 times a day for a month. It should work.
          NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

lard.

Comment

LOL Mcdonalds and lard. I'll have a heartattack. Besides after watching that documentary movie whatever it is. "Supersize me." I don't think I can do it LOL!
              "form follows function."
              Louis Sullivan

Comment

ya small meals every couple hours is good! try taking a simple protein shake before you go to bed also...while your sleep testostorne is released and works on your muscles. so protein at night will help you build up.

eat filling foods too, lots of chicken, pork, chili, stir fry, wheat bread
                Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Chan_Man
                  LOL Mcdonalds and lard. I'll have a heartattack. Besides after watching that documentary movie whatever it is. "Supersize me." I don't think I can do it LOL!
                  :P You can always try eating a square of butter every night before you go to bed for a couple of days. Just wear a pacemaker.
                  NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

do happy things,

this may sound weird, but studies have found that the endorphins released when happy can rebuild appetite and overall health.

some resort to hemp, but that is merely a temporary fix, happiness has to be a habitual practice

look what I found:

DEVOTE

Comment

If you are trying to gain weight (muscle or fat) that's one thing. If you are looking to gain weight only by building MUSCLE then that's a completely different story.

From what you've said it sounds you are looking to get in shape and get back up to a healthy weight even if some of it isn't muscle. I have a quite a bit of experience with this from wrestling. For the seasons I would be at a weight lower than what my body should have been at (119 instead of around 10-135)

After the seasons I always knew I would gain weight back up to my regular level. I just didn't want all of that extra weight to be fat.

What I did was try and eat many small "snacks" throughout the day like others have said. This keeps your body's systems working at their full potential all day long. Avoid eating much 2 hours before you go to sleep. During this time your metabolism slows and the food will be stored as fatty tissue. These "snacks" shouldn't be anywhere near the size of a meal. Something like a few crackers with Cheese or a Banana with Peanut butter.

There is more, but I'm lazy oh yeah, drink alot of water.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                      Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Drink lots of soda and don't move.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I was normally 125 lbs before surgery, and after, I was 6'1" and at times only 114 lbs. My doctor put my on THC pills, as in THC that's in marijuana. Gave me the munchies all day, and now I'm back up to 135 lbs.
                          "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                          "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                          Disregard females, acquire currency
                          BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

smoke weed an eat all day
                            UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                            NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

i weighed 155 a yr ago, moved to bama and lost nearly 20 lbs without knowing. just do a few push-ups during the week and eat protien. bacon,egg and cheese sandwiches in the morning, maybe a burger for lunch and a small dinner later on. snacking is great but if you have a high metabolism and move around alot like i do, you'll burn it off in minutes. i gained 10 pounds since october and havent lost any of my speed which was one of the main things i get high praise on and stress makes you lose weight so it's best not to worry about it too much.
                              [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Working...
                              X