Sooo im going skiing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooo im going skiing...

yeh im going skiing this weekend..i jus wanted to go..for the cabin and the ladies..but shit everyones making me ski..i need to cop some clothes tonight..so anybody kno any CHEAP pants i could get...what else should i wear..i hear cotton kills or somethin like that..also ughhh..any advice for a first time skiier

Yes, no cotton. Dress WARMLY. You'll almost definitely want to get some thermal undergarments. Don't forget some goggles and a beanie of some sort. Gotta keep that head warm!

Comment

Wear Sunscreen and chap stick!

Comment

ive never seen a black man skii.

at least you'll be easy to spot if when you fall.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

tru datttt..i hope those mexicans pruned the trees so i dont get hit my branches when i swerve out of control

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
            ive never seen a black man skii.

at least you'll be easy to spot if when you fall.
            LOL!!! Wear water proof stuff especially pants. North Face has some good stuff but pricey. I wear a nice coat (somewhat water proof) and a sweater underneath. Oh yea a beanie helps with the ears freezing up and a set of nice goggles will help since sometimes it hurts your eyes when the snow reflects the sun. Sunglasses are an option too for this.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

fuck the ski's cop the snowboard and do it up

Comment

well normally i just wear t-shirt, shorts, and a baseball cap (I snowboard)

what you should wear is something that will keep you warm and dry, pretty much like everybody said.
                Last edited by 90ACCORDLXGUY; 01-04-2008, 10:31 PM.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

when i go boarding (every weekend) i usually just wear my boxers, a pair of shorts, with a pair of waterproof pants. tshirt, and a thin long sleeve shirt followed by my jacket...with gloves. MAKE SURE YOU WEAR WOOL SOCKS bindings suck on my feet, and i blister like fuck! so wearing socks + wool socks helps a LOT. try not to fall! and if your about to fall, tuck your chin into your chest, and DONT use your hands to break your fall, you'll end up breaking or spraining(sp?) them..just let yourself fall

HAVE FUN!!!!
                  ..[CB7][STAR]..
                  MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

I found that when I put on a lot of layers when I go snowboarding I got way to hot....So i just wear a light jacket....with a sweater on underneath.....Wearing good water resistant pants is pretty much a necessity though....otherwise you get soaked/cold really quickly....specially if its your first time going....A toque and good gloves are also good ideas.

Also make sure you bring sunglasses or goggles...cuz it helps out immensely with not squinting while going down the hill....and if starts snowing youll be glad you brought them

If you dont plan on goin much dont go hardcore and buy a bunch of shit....see what you can borrow from friends and shit.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

wool and gortex, you do not want cotton...especially if you are a beginner, you'll have wet pants all day lol. and layers do wonders instead of a huge winter coat.

oh and think you can ski, and you will, a lot of the time people fall because they think otherwise.

have fun
                      DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
                        wool and gortex, you do not want cotton...especially if you are a beginner, you'll have wet pants all day lol. and layers do wonders instead of a huge winter coat.

oh and think you can ski, and you will, a lot of the time people fall because they think otherwise.

have fun
                        learning to ski is easy when compared to learning snowboarding

I found anyways.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Bah! i just came back from riding at Mont Tremblant today! amazing conditions

i recommend wearing a long sleeve shirt, t-shirt, and a sweater with light jacket, warm gloves (mittens if you can find some), long johns and a light pair of pants (i recommend light outer layers for easy maneuverability), beanie and goggles or helmet if you can (protect that noggin), and possibly a do rag to keep your neck/cheeks from freezing haha.

well good luck skiing, be safe!

Comment

lots of layers....put a lot of clothing on, if it's cold, if not then don't worry too much about it. As for the skiing, well just don't do anything dumb, don't kill yourself! It's a fun sport, but starting off can be scary, I don't remembetr the first time I went skiing because I was too young, but I remember the first time snowboarding and I have to agree with James that snowboarding is 10 times harder than skiing. I never broke a bone skiing in 10 years. In 2 years of snowboarding I broke 2 bones...the same one, 2 different times...so I quit

SOLD!!
                            Boosted H22
                            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

where are u going?

Comment

Working...
                              X