new sti vs evox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbomaxx
    driving is driving. while you're enjoying the problem that is known as torque steer, those "econoboxes" are getting 30+ mpg.
    I still don't understand how hondas can have "Torque" steer
    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
      driving is driving. while you're enjoying the problem that is known as torque steer, those "econoboxes" are getting 30+ mpg.
      Yeah man a cars a car. As far as the torque steer i had that on my turbo 91cb when i didnt have a quaife lsd.

But when i had it on my allmotor cb before i swapped when i went to the quaife lsd on the 92 it was gone, it was completely eliminated. With the srt it was the same thing with the 92 allmotor h22 with lsd and when i was turbo just straightline no torque steer at all. Its just that i have more torque and more power.

As with the accord well mine in general i had a hard time putting power down but with the srt it was more engineered putting power down to the ground with its boost shift to gear sequence properly calibrated to maek sure power is being put down more efficiently everytime. It handles well too when its not on stock suspension. And im not on the stock srt4 suspension and with the lsd it has no torquesteer or hop at all. Remember its the 2004 not the 2003

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
        I still don't understand how hondas can have "Torque" steer
        I dont either but to break it down for you you see

Torque steer is when a FWD car pulls to one side under acceleration. Acceleration requires Torque!!!, and cars that are prone to torque steer will do it worse under hard acceleration sounds like my old honda until i got gotten a quaife lsd than under normal conditions; more torque involved/needed. But with my car i didnt have to worry abotu that because it came with it. I dont understand how most people say oh the srt4 has torquesteer which isnt true some but not all. The 2003 model has it the 2004's and 2005's dont...

Usually cars with half-shafts of equal lengths are not prone to torque-steer unless their front suspension is woefully flawed in it's design. If they are of unequal length, the longer one flexes and twists more than the shorter one; instant torque-steer. Damn that sounds like my old cb with the shorter axle. that is until i went with the lsd then it got eliminated. so there you have it

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
          ive heard that since the 4g was dumped, owners are going to only manage about 100-200 more hp before building the new alum. block. The head design is far better than the old one though, so that might make up for it. Also, I've heard that the new active yaw control is what makes the evo x handle so well, but that it may get into the way of tuning aftermarket upgrades. dunno how true all of this is though...
          you must be nuts....

keep in mind the SR20 has an aluminum block.

and SR20DE with higher compression (9:1) can actually put out about 380-400WHP without internal modifications.

Aluminum is the way to go........Iron blocks are inefficient and heavy.
          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro
            you must be nuts....

keep in mind the SR20 has an aluminum block.

and SR20DE with higher compression (9:1) can actually put out about 380-400WHP without internal modifications.

Aluminum is the way to go........Iron blocks are inefficient and heavy.
            someone knows his shit

did some study on SR20s?

I know first hand....those SR20s are strong....but Id rather have the NEO VVL version of the SR20s

hell..all you need...is a SR20VE or DE bottom..and the SR16VE head with cams...and you're looking into the mid 200hp EASY! when that VVL kicks in..be prepared..they pull hard! ( talk about NO GRIP-TIRE SPIN w/ LSD )

www.sr20forum.com
            92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
            My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Yeah, I can vouch for the newer SRTs having very little torque steer.Rich boy parts guy at work has an 05 that he's setting up for roadracing. They still look and feel too cheap though. Door are flismy as hell, but its fast. As far as this topic. As of right now from my standpoint I see EVO 9 > 06-7 STI. 08 STI > all Evos. Even the 6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSCcq...eature=related
              Last edited by Fake Thug; 01-01-2008, 03:52 PM.

Comment

The 08 STi is slower than the 06-07, at least in the standard 0-60 and 1/4 mi tests.

The Evo X is slower than the Evo IX, although it handles better.

The STi was a faster car in a straight line, while the Evo was more like a go-kart and handled better.

The Evo interior blows though compared to the STi, at least in the Evo IX / 06-07 STi debate goes. The 08 STi has a much nicer interior, although the US is getting the shaft when it comes to the seats. The JDM 08 STi seats are MUCH nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                  The 08 STi is slower than the 06-07, at least in the standard 0-60 and 1/4 mi tests.

The Evo X is slower than the Evo IX, although it handles better.

The STi was a faster car in a straight line, while the Evo was more like a go-kart and handled better.

The Evo interior blows though compared to the STi, at least in the Evo IX / 06-07 STi debate goes. The 08 STi has a much nicer interior, although the US is getting the shaft when it comes to the seats. The JDM 08 STi seats are MUCH nicer.
                  You are mistaken. The older STI is a 14 high 13 second car. 0-60 was 5 seconds I think. The new 08 STI out handles it, out brakes it, is lighter and faster in the 1/4 mile. An all around better car/bargain than the old Subaru. A better deal than the new evo.IMO better build qulaity. The interior is better than evo IX and X. With the old evo all you got for your buck was performance. With this new STI you pretty much get it all. They even softened the suspension a little.

Comment

I dont really car which one is faster / more powerful and so on. I would always choose an STI over an EVO.

Comment

Oh and another thing about the newest up top cars like the evo the sti and many other cars is the hype. Aswell as my car dont say that the srt4 cars parts and many other carparts are made cheap have you took a look at the new evo and sti's interior lately.

Those parts are made cheaply too. You touch the plastic it feels like tupperware Its all how you take it. A majority of the new cars that cost a bundle most manufacturers look for how they can save money on production cars at the cheapest price that they can even its appealing to the customer. Honestly if it isnt a 90's car or lower after that a majority of the manufactured parts where mande and look and feel cheaply. Touch or try to take one part apart to examine it and snap itll break.

Comment

Originally posted by oozingmachismo2
                        You are mistaken. The older STI is a 14 high 13 second car. 0-60 was 5 seconds I think. The new 08 STI out handles it, out brakes it, is lighter and faster in the 1/4 mile. An all around better car/bargain than the old Subaru. A better deal than the new evo.IMO better build qulaity. The interior is better than evo IX and X. With the old evo all you got for your buck was performance. With this new STI you pretty much get it all. They even softened the suspension a little.
                        Well then I guess my Car and Driver this month was wrong. According to the Feb 08 issue "Still the gas jockey's bona fides are there: 0.93g on the skidpad, 5.1 seconds through the 60-mph trap and 13.6 seconds at the quarter-mile. The old STI was quicker, but only by a few bee's-wings beats." The 06 STI was capable of running a 12.99 in stock form with the right launch. Don't believe me, check NASIOC. The 2004 ran a 4.6 to 60. In the same comparison test the Evo ran a 5.0 to 60.

According to Edmunds the 07 STi weighs 3351 lbs. My Car and Driver shows the 08 at 3360. I highly doubt you'll feel 9 lbs.

If you're willing to live with the hatch bodystyle, it is a nice car, and the interior is much better than the older one as far as looking more modern...but I gurantee an 06-7 would run with the 08...especially if you ran a larger tire on the 06-7. The 08 runs a 245/40-18 while the 06 runs a 225/45-17. Also, the MSRP has gone up, and now the BBS alloys are part of an option package that pushes the price close to 40K.

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                        Oh and another thing about the newest up top cars like the evo the sti and many other cars is the hype. Aswell as my car dont say that the srt4 cars parts and many other carparts are made cheap have you took a look at the new evo and sti's interior lately.

Those parts are made cheaply too. You touch the plastic it feels like tupperware Its all how you take it. A majority of the new cars that cost a bundle most manufacturers look for how they can save money on production cars at the cheapest price that they can even its appealing to the customer. Honestly if it isnt a 90's car or lower after that a majority of the manufactured parts where mande and look and feel cheaply. Touch or try to take one part apart to examine it and snap itll break
                        Nothing in my interior feels like Tupperware. Sorry to rain on your parade. It's nowhere near the level of a TSX, but it doesn't need to be. Personally I think my car lives up to a good deal of it's hype.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                          Well then I guess my Car and Driver this month was wrong. According to the Feb 08 issue "Still the gas jockey's bona fides are there: 0.93g on the skidpad, 5.1 seconds through the 60-mph trap and 13.6 seconds at the quarter-mile. The old STI was quicker, but only by a few bee's-wings beats." The 06 STI was capable of running a 12.99 in stock form with the right launch. Don't believe me, check NASIOC. The 2004 ran a 4.6 to 60. In the same comparison test the Evo ran a 5.0 to 60.

According to Edmunds the 07 STi weighs 3351 lbs. My Car and Driver shows the 08 at 3360. I highly doubt you'll feel 9 lbs.

If you're willing to live with the hatch bodystyle, it is a nice car, and the interior is much better than the older one as far as looking more modern...but I gurantee an 06-7 would run with the 08...especially if you ran a larger tire on the 06-7. The 08 runs a 245/40-18 while the 06 runs a 225/45-17. Also, the MSRP has gone up, and now the BBS alloys are part of an option package that pushes the price close to 40K.

Nothing in my interior feels like Tupperware. Sorry to rain on your parade. It's nowhere near the level of a TSX, but it doesn't need to be. Personally I think my car lives up to a good deal of it's hype.
                          accord warrior perhaps you misunderstood what i said unless is 90 and odwn the never the car the more the plastic and cheaper the interior is going to feel thats how most newer cars are today.

Comment

i think hype shouldnt even be mentioned in this thread.......we're talking about the few cars that carry this so called "hype" for a reason

and seriously who cares about evo's interior??? its a track monster

if you wants plush, buy an bmw
                            "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

Working...
                            X