How do I get a waiver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get a waiver?

I need tabs in a month or so and I'm not going to pass emissions so what other options are there? I know you can pay a certified emissions guy to spend 150+ on trying to make it pass emissions but will they even do that with a modified car? What are the options? Am I just screwed? Maybe the cb7 will be done by then and I won't need to worry about it. Who knows

why won't the car pass? and how do you know it won't? later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
      why won't the car pass? and how do you know it won't? later.
      It doesn't have a cat. Other than that it passed everything else when I tested it at school.

Comment

i dont know about wa, but here in pa you automaticly fail if you dont have a cat because it fails the visual inspection...the best thing you can do (if you where here) is to pay your way out of it (they use another car to get sniffed)
        or being exempt?meaning you have driven the car 5000 miles or less since last year.
        People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
        The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Slip a little something under the table or get a cat and be legal. There are no other options.
          To-Do List for Today
          Be Awesome

Comment

go to a known inspection place and they'll just stick a sticker on there!

i have like 3 places that can do that in roanoke!

idk there maybe just lazy

they check lights and tires and your set!

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Just like in Ohio, they inspect to see if you have a cat or not. If you don't you automatically fail.

My 91 cb didn't pass emissions on the no2 level but I showed them a little bit over $300 in receipts (within a reasonable date) on parts that would help the car. They also did another e check to see if I improved on the no2 level (I did improve, but still didn't pass). And they gave me a waiver so I could get my tags.

Best thing to do is just put a cat on imo.

It sucks in Northern Ohio because only a few counties have to pass an emissions check, and I live in one of those counties.
              Last edited by 92cord; 12-30-2007, 07:55 PM.
              R.I.P. Molly, you will be missed. Only 16 and your life taken away from an irresponsible driver. (10/14/08)

Sold to: Boost_Lee | Cby0 | CB710AE | CB7lx91 | Davids92Accord | Driftspec310 | F22HB | sunburn | Wed3k

Comment

Go to a salvage yard and get the mid pipe with a cat on it. Throw it on for emissions, pass, and profit. Keep it around for future usage...

- Rob -
                92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
                85 Toyota 4Runner
                1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
                2008 HD 1200N
                2009 HD 883N

Comment

Originally posted by 92cord
                  Just like in Ohio, they inspect to see if you have a cat or not. If you don't you automatically fail.

My 91 cb didn't pass emissions on the no2 level but I showed them a little bit over $300 in receipts (within a reasonable date) on parts that would help the car. They also did another e check to see if I improved on the no2 level (I did improve, but still didn't pass). And they gave me a waiver so I could get my tags.

It sucks in Northern Ohio because only a few counties have to pass an emissions check, and I live in one of those counties.

ecactly same here, cept i spent over 300 on getting my intake manifold cleanded and a few other stuff done. my cat was still shot.

but if you spend over 300 on "trying' to repare the parts that did not pass emissions i automatically pass. so check up your state and see if what laws u have to pay up to get it to 'pass"
                  1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Originally posted by 203Cree
                    Go to a salvage yard and get the mid pipe with a cat on it. Throw it on for emissions, pass, and profit. Keep it around for future usage...
                    Best bet right here.
                    3 CB's gone....
                    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Damn I didn't know cars in Washington have to do emission testing. Well I come from the boondocks of Grays Harbor maybe thats why I don't hear emission testing. Or maybe it depends on where in Washington you live bahaha.
                      "form follows function."
                      Louis Sullivan

Comment

Why did you take of the cat ( puts on al gore mask) Son you are destroying OUR world.
                        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                          Why did you take of the cat ( puts on al gore mask) Son you are destroying OUR world.
                          Cuz its too cold in washington... I need global warming NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
                            Cuz its too cold in washington... I need global warming NOW!
                            LOL...this is for your civic right? just throw a cat on it. they dont check to see if you have one or not or at least the place that had my emissions done.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Originally posted by 92cord

cleveland right???

yeah...you need to move away from Cleveland...slide to Columbus mayne!

I know here in Ottawa County...we dont have that shit!

92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                              My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Working...
                              X