Need some HID help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some HID help...

Yes, wrong section... but I want maximum exposure because I'm running out of daylight! I'll move this tonight.

Anyway, I'm installing HIDs on the GTP. I got a JD Lighting kit from Reason here on the board. (fast shipping, stuff looks good, price was fair... )

So, I did all the stuff I needed to do to make sure these work... disabled DRLs and alarm light-flashing stuff... Now I just need to install em!

Here's my confusion... the instructions look like they were written by a 2nd grader... in Pakistan... with a learning disability. The diagrams look helpful, but... not so much!

There's a wire (well, 2 wires and a plug) that I'm not sure what to do with. I haven't taken the light assembly apart yet, so I may answer my own question when I do... but I figured I'd put this out there as I go, just in case.

Here are the components of the kit (also showing you guys what you'll get if you get the same kit )

Here is the wire in question:

Here are the instructions... enjoy the poor English

Just connect the black and wires to the - and + wire on your headlight harness then plug the opposite end(with yellow rubber) into the ballast. Voila
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Ok, I pulled it apart (so easy with the GTP )

Here's the connector. It looks like there are 3 wires, and I'm sure one is for the high beam (I'll be eliminating my high with this kit... but I never use it anyway)
      I suppose the little pluggums (technical term...) go into that. Now I just need to figure out which wire is which! Black is ground, I'm sure... but the other two are a mystery for now...

And a gratuitous "this is what it's like to be a lightbulb" shot

And sadness

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini
        Just connect the black and wires to the - and + wire on your headlight harness then plug the opposite end(with yellow rubber) into the ballast. Voila
        Thanks Dean. You think the reddish wire on the 3 would be the correct one? I suppose it won't hurt anything to try... if I put it on the high beam wire, it won't do anything anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
          Ok, I pulled it apart (so easy with the GTP )

Here's the connector. It looks like there are 3 wires, and I'm sure one is for the high beam (I'll be eliminating my high with this kit... but I never use it anyway)
          I suppose the little pluggums (technical term...) go into that. Now I just need to figure out which wire is which! Black is ground, I'm sure... but the other two are a mystery for now...

And a gratuitous "this is what it's like to be a lightbulb" shot

And sadness
          just alternate the red wire from the brown to the green to find out which is low beam. Voila
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

Thanks Dean. You think the reddish wire on the 3 would be the correct one? I suppose it won't hurt anything to try... if I put it on the high beam wire, it won't do anything anyway!
            Correcto Mundo....Voila.... I like HIDssssssssssssss
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

here is a good install DIY i found deev. looks like you got it under control, though

doing mine right now!

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=190926
              Last edited by Accord R33; 12-29-2007, 04:02 PM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Fail.
                "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                Disregard females, acquire currency
                BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
                  Fail.
                  I bought those wheels from Primocb7 over 2 years ago. He said to me at the time "Mike, the front tires are good, but the rear tires are shot. Don't drive on those too long. You need to replace them"... Well, they've been on the car ever since That particular one has 2 cans of Fix A Flat in it... no bueno.

ANYWAY... I'M DONE!

It's SOOO freakin ghetto, because there's practically nowhere to mount the ballasts under the hood that isn't extremely hot! So, I did my best. I didn't use the self-tapping screws that came with it, because, well... I don't want to put holes in my car! I got some zip ties and zipped away...

Pasenger side

Driver's side

And now I need to realign my front end... I hate this! All my cars have gilfy front ends!

Comment

they don't look they are working. i think you broke 'em.

Mine are done too.they are sweeeeeeeeeeeettt.

Comment

It's not dark enough to run them yet!

Do yours hum/whine a little at first, Eric? The BMW ones in my CB7 don't do that, but these have a distinct whine. Not loud, but audible when the car is off.

Also, an aftermarket harness might come in handy. HIDs use less power when they're up and running, but they supposedly take a LOT of power to start up. I'm going to get one soon. I already have one in my CB7. Ebay has em for like $20 shipped...

Comment

It's not dark enough to run them yet!

Do yours hum/whine a little at first, Eric? The BMW ones in my CB7 don't do that, but these have a distinct whine. Not loud, but audible when the car is off.
                        Yeah they do have a little bit of a buzz to them if you are standing right near the engine bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                          Yeah they do have a little bit of a buzz to them if you are standing right near the engine bay.
                          eric what set are you using. i have been looking for a 6000k setup.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                            eric what set are you using. i have been looking for a 6000k setup.
                            Val got them for me for christmas, they are from "JD-Lighting". Really good quality.

I have also heard really good things about www.xenithxenons.com though, and they are cheaper than what val paid.

By the way, are you ever going to come pick up that lip??
                            Last edited by Accord R33; 12-29-2007, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                              Val got them for me for christmas, they are from "JD-Lighting". Really good quality.

I have also heard really good things about www.xenithxenons.com though, and they are cheaper than what val paid.
                              thanks,and if ya dont mind whenya get a chance post some pics of yours....and did you go with 6000k?

Comment

Working...
                              X