Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car about to hit 200K What can I expect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car about to hit 200K What can I expect?

Ok, so my cb is getting ready to hit the 200k mark. I am a little worried as this is the highest miles I have ever had on a car thus far and Same goes for everyone else I know. So My first question is in the near future what can I expect to go wrong? So far this past year I had to re-do the Balence shaft seal = 500.00 + along with everything that goes along with that, and new front brakes = 400.00 +! I have the 91 Ex So the F22A? I think. Second question what would you recommend as far as some precautionary things that I do to the motor so That I don't get stranded or something unwelcomed happens. (Aside from the standard maintence I do already) Now let me preface this by saying that I know each car, each motor, each driver is different, and there is no Cold hard formula or way of predicting 100% that something bad will happen. But It never hurts to hear some first hand knowlodge of things That everyone else has expierenced. at this point in owning a honda. Any insight is greatly appreciated. And mods feel free to move this if this is in the wrong section!

It will fall to pieces. Never break 200k.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Gee thanks, You are like a ray of sunshine!

Comment

dude dont worry about it... If its still running strong and the T-belt is good, there shouldnt be any reason to worry.
        1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
        -Nava

Comment

How would I tell if the timming belt was good? Do you mean like is the rubber cracked and dried out? or the actual timming of the motor?

Comment

Wow, calm down. 200 isnt a magical number. 206,xxx...is
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

yea just take it chill.
              mine is past 210,xxx k miles
              going for 215,xxx k
              i remember a member on here whos motor past 400,xxx k
              Cappuccino CB7 Member #4
              FoDough fo moreho
              [FuNKiE FrEsH]

Comment

I had 254,000 miles when mines blew.... but I forgot to check the water, so it overheated for a while the when boom.
                1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
                -Nava

Comment

your going to blow your headgasket.

two months after that, your going to throw your rod...

wait..

fuck.

this is cb7tuner...
                  Last edited by lil_dcb7; 12-26-2007, 05:36 AM.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                  Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                  NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

timing belt
                    water pump
                    rear main seal
                    valve cover gasket, distrubutor gasket, cam seal
                    radiator hoses
                    spark plugs and wires
                    CATALYTIC CONVERTER <=should get a new one, your is probably really clogged
                    air filter.
                    cap and rotor of the distributor,
                    tranny fluid,
                    maybe a new radiator to be on the safe side.

i think if you replace all of the above you should be in a good place

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto
                      timing belt
                      water pump
                      rear main seal
                      valve cover gasket, distrubutor gasket, cam seal
                      radiator hoses
                      spark plugs and wires
                      CATALYTIC CONVERTER <=should get a new one, your is probably really clogged
                      air filter.
                      cap and rotor of the distributor,
                      tranny fluid,
                      maybe a new radiator to be on the safe side.

i think if you replace all of the above you should be in a good place
                      all of that shit should have been done thousands of miles ago...

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                      Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                      NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

main relay and ignitor! those went out on me at 155K so if you haven't fixed those, it'll happen sooner or later. just chill out man, its not like its gonna blow up, dont lose sleep over it or anything lol

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

265,xxx still going strong. No major problems had all belts and seals replaced at 200k.
                          BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

i just replaced the entire suspension, motor, brake system and i still have steering to go...

plus, if you start seeing your timing belt crack, you are definitely lucky because they usually snap before that point. id check the teeth and see if they are rounded/worn.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

what ever you do, do not use one of those high-mileage fuel treatments or oil treatments.

I did that to my old engine, 4 months later the engine stopped working. I think I had about 210 000 miles on the engine then.

All the grime buildup in the engine actually protects it from leaking and blowing up.
                              DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
                              X