Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man Steals $729K Ferrari During Test Drive, doesn't come back lol

Man Steals $729K Ferrari During Test Drive
    (Ardmore-AP) - September 26, 2003 ? Where do you hide a 729-thousand dollar Ferrari during rush hour?

That's what police in the Philadelphia suburbs want to know, after a con man drove off with a red Ferrari F-50 during a test drive.

The F-50 can hit 60 miles per hour in less than four seconds and tops out at 203 miles per hour.

The car hasn't been seen since the thief, a nattily dressed man who claimed he had flown up from Atlanta and had a limo waiting nearby, took the test drive September 16th without producing a license. The I-D, he said, was in the wallet he had left at the airport.

The salesman from Algar Ferrari in Rosemont first took the prospective buyer for a spin, then let him get behind the wheel. During the test drive, the man pulled to the side of the road and asked the salesman to drive back to the dealership. When the salesman got out, the thief sped off.

Police theorize the was hustled into a trailer and quickly shipped overseas for sale on the black market.

The company made just 349 of the eye-popping Italian roadsters in 1995 to commemorate its 50th anniversary. It's described by one car-enthusiast Web site as "part Batmobile, part ballistic missile."

(Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

I looked at that ferrari not too long ago lol

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

Thats crazy! Totally gone in 60 seconds style.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

Hmmm... That gave me an idea... lol... J/P...

L8z-
      Jay
      "Don't meddle with things you don't understand..."

1990 Accord LX- Maroon w/Raspberry pearl. Daily driven: NOT a stay-at-home-bitch RIP 8/9/2006

Another Gen4 CB7 ryde in the works...

Ryde Syndicate... "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense..."

Comment

They deserved that shit, In to days day and age how the hell are you going to let someone with no ID drive a three quarter million dollar car around. What had happen if he where legit and gotten into an accident? Stupid just Stupid. I'm glad that guy stole it. I hope he ships it to Mexico and they use it in the Baja 1000 just to rub it in.
        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

why would the salesman get out and drive back to the dealership, leaving the other guy in the ferarri? maybe the guy threatned him or had a gun or something... i don't see why else he would get out.

Comment

To switch driver's. He just got out to walk around to the driver's side and the guy sped off as soon as he stepped out.
            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

BWAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!
              1997 RHD AE111
              JDM Blackface Project

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
                To switch driver's. He just got out to walk around to the driver's side and the guy sped off as soon as he stepped out.
                i was thinkin that exact same thing...but that is funny shit, it was obviously a pretty well thought out thing. mad props to that guy, i loooooooove f50's

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

Woah. You don't hear things like that every day. The guy really must have thought it out or he was just really crazy. Wonder if it really is overseas now.
                  FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

Working...
                  X