Wisdom teeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wisdom teeth

So I have to get my wisdom teeth taken out in a few days. From what I've heard its supposed to be extremely bad/painfull. Obviously I'll get a lot of medication but my friends tell me you cant do anything for like 3 days after. Have any of you gotten them out? How bad was it?

its not as bad as you think. i wasnt even put under anesthesia when i had mine pulled out.

youll be drooling out of your mind though because your gonna have to be putting gauzes in your mouth to soak up that blood after the operation. it just hurts because your gum is still tender.

the average person doesnt have much problems after the extraction. With me i just fall under that odd person to have problems deal. just make sure you keep it clean, i had a bad case of semi face paralysis because i had an infection on one side of my face. they loaded me up with a prescription of vicodin. some good stuff.

Comment

I had all four of mines taken out. But this was at two different times.

I had one side pulled than I came back to have the other side pulled.

having them pulled wasn't too bad, its just the post-procedure treatment that can be annoying

You'll have blood coming out of your mouth for alittle while after the procedure, but like I said, its more annoying than painful.

And you have to make sure you dont get any garbage in the hole for a good couple of days after the extraction or you could develop a dry socket, it most likely wont happen but its better to be safe than sorry.

All in all, its not bad and if you can avoid having ALL four pulled at once, thats what I'd recommend.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by amazin'_asian
        So I have to get my wisdom teeth taken out in a few days. From what I've heard its supposed to be extremely bad/painfull. Obviously I'll get a lot of medication but my friends tell me you cant do anything for like 3 days after. Have any of you gotten them out? How bad was it?
        Got mine pulled, i was home for two hours playing video games, then ate lunch and went swimming at my friends grad party followed by a cigar and ice cream. Also went on his trampoline. It was nothing, as long as you can get used to the taste of blood in your mouth for a few hours. I never even used the oxy the doctor gave me as pain medication.

just dont swim to the bottom of the deep end, youll guiser blood in your mouth lol

edit: i got all 4 taken out at once
        Last edited by JYardBandit; 12-21-2007, 04:29 PM.

94 GSR | 93 GSR

Comment

I got my two lowers pulled. No hard foods. They knocked me the fuck out so I didnt feel crap. I still have a full thing of vicodin. Its not bad as long as you eat the medicine that disinfects and so on. Avoid hard foods.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I had three of of the four removed , the fourth could not be removed because it was impacted and would need to be removed by a oral surgeon and the other three were really hard to remove ,even if with all the meds the pressure he was put on me was painful, at one point i thought he was going to put his knee on my chest lol .hopefully it wont be that bad for you, good luck .
            p.s try not to get dry sockets the doctor will tell you about them they, can be really painfull .
            Last edited by sunburn; 12-21-2007, 04:56 PM.
            WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Does it really hurt that bad? I know it hurts at times but it wasnt like excruciating. I just found stuff to do a lot of gran turismo and home projects. Doing those avoided my pains I guess but personally I did not feel much pain at all. Now I gotta sell the vicodin on the streets lol jk.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                Does it really hurt that bad? I know it hurts at times but it wasnt like excruciating. I just found stuff to do a lot of gran turismo and home projects. Doing those avoided my pains I guess but personally I did not feel much pain at all. Now I gotta sell the vicodin on the streets lol jk.
                your right the pain afterwards wasent that bad and I dident have any vicodin
                left lol
                WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Its different for everyone....

I had all four at once and i wasnt really in that much pain due to the vic's...

But DONT smoke, if you do... Thats what fucked me up.

Good luck with it! You'll be cool...
                  93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

Had all 4 removed at once. They gave me the option of staying awake or going under with IV drip. I chose the drip. Swelling depends on how the surgery goes and your body's response. My friend looked like a full-on chipmunk with food stashed in his mouth. My cheeks only swelled a couple mm. Just take the pain killers and eat what they tell you. The stitches were out of my mouth in 1 week and everything went just fine.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

I had all 4 done. The bottom ones were impacted. They told me AFTER it was done that they may have broken my jaw (it's a definite possibility... if you read the waivers they get you to sign, it's likely to be in there). It hurt afterwards, but it wasn't unbearable. I had some hefty pain pills that made me feel weird (percoset, I think), so I didn't use them... I just stuck to advil and stuff and it was good enough.

Don't smoke, don't drink from a straw, and don't suck on anything for a while. You'll pop your stitches and might need to go back to be sewn up again... or risk an abscess.

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
                        My friend looked like a full-on chipmunk with food stashed in his mouth.

lol my homeboy karl had that problem. i couldnt stop laughing at him. it was like that for almost a week. i after that we told him to go to the doctor because that swelling didnt go away for the longest.

but man that was soo funny.

Comment

i still have all mine
                          1993 Accord LX - Sold
                          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I have two horror stories to tell you so dont read if your gonna be freaked out

First:
                            My sisters boyfriend got all his wisdom teeth removed a couple of years ago....All was fine for like 2 weeks....or so he thought.....His swelling never really went down....He went back to the person who did it and they said thast normal in some people so dont worry about it.....

2 weeks later his swelling was increasing and he couldnt open his mouth....So he goes back to a different person....They tell him that something in his mouth went dry (cant remember what)....which caused an infection to form.....had he waited another few days they said he likely would have died because the infection would have spread to his brain.....To get rid of the infection he had to take 2 pills a day for 6 months

Second:
                            I have a friend whos cousin actually died while getting her wisdom teeth removed.....Im not exactly sure why.....I think it has something to do with an allergic reaction.....They said its rare to die.....but it happens more than you think

A good story though....My sister got hers removed a few years ago also....She was fine though.....She was a baby about it though and whined and complained the whole time

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

yeah
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              and don't suck on anything for a while.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Working...
                              X