transmission for my camaro??? where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transmission for my camaro??? where?

hey guys, i know this is an accord forum, but alot of people have an extensive knowledge of MANY cars, not just accords.

so i was just wondering if anyone knew where i could find a 5 speed transmission for my camaro? im searching around ebay right now to no avail, and andysautosport was useless.

id prefer to stay away from junkyards.

TIA.
    Last edited by turbomaxx; 12-20-2007, 10:13 PM.
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Junkyard.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
      Junkyard.

well im hoping to avoid junkyards. probably should have mentioned that in the thread. i was thinking more along the lines of something similar to hmotors

somewhere reliable, that wont sell me junk.
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

Try this place.

http://www.tacreationsusa.com/

Highly recommended by many.
        Last edited by Frazzums; 12-20-2007, 10:18 PM.

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
        ----
        02 Pontiac Firebird W68
        92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

Yeah, T5 or a Super T10....

- Rob -
          92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
          85 Toyota 4Runner
          1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
          2008 HD 1200N
          2009 HD 883N

Comment

just something 5 speed that will bolt up to that 305. year one has some stuff.

Comment

Ah, gotcha. Honestly couldn't tell ya then. Maybe a salvage yard that tears down the car and you just ask for the part, and they get it for you?
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                Ah, gotcha. Honestly couldn't tell ya then. Maybe a salvage yard that tears down the car and you just ask for the part, and they get it for you?

yeah, junkyard would DEF be my easiest choice, but i dont want easy, i want quality.

BTW,

painted the camaro, il get pictures tomorrow for you guys. it looks magnificant!!! ah the joy of being able to look at something and know YOU did it.

Comment

i thought you were selling it? no?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                    i thought you were selling it? no?
                    i havent decided yet. the paint came out magnificant, so id like to keep it. just dont know yet. $2,500 is alot of money that i want to have, but i really like my camaro. im probably going to keep it, ESPECIALLY if i can find a manual trans to put in it

Comment

Camarobirds are a dime a dozen. Not sure if the 5 speeds from the V6s would bolt up or not, but if so, that increases your options considerably.

Junkyards really are the best... or find a parts car. Otherwise, you're going to have to buy all the parts separately anyway.

Or, just build the auto. If you go to the drag strip, you'll see that a LOT of those domestic V8s are automatic. Depending on the application, an auto can actually be faster than a manual. Of course, if you want manual just for the fun of driving a manual, then that makes sense as well.

Comment

Like i said before try Tacreations.com

Idk if you want to spend $550 + shipping but its up to you.

----
                        02 Pontiac Firebird W68
                        92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                          Camarobirds are a dime a dozen. Not sure if the 5 speeds from the V6s would bolt up or not, but if so, that increases your options considerably.

Junkyards really are the best... or find a parts car. Otherwise, you're going to have to buy all the parts separately anyway.

Or, just build the auto. If you go to the drag strip, you'll see that a LOT of those domestic V8s are automatic. Depending on the application, an auto can actually be faster than a manual. Of course, if you want manual just for the fun of driving a manual, then that makes sense as well.

yeah most drag cars are auto bc automatics dont miss gears. but i want the fun of shifting again. i miss it so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
                            yeah most drag cars are auto bc automatics dont miss gears.

..and auto's shift faster.

----
                            02 Pontiac Firebird W68
                            92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

get a late model fbody t56. 93-2002 f bodies had them... Rock that 6 gear
                              1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
                              -Nava

Comment

Working...
                              X