importing cars from japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

importing cars from japan?

i found a cool website that exports cars from japan to every part of the world and their prices are not bad.

so go and check them out www.japan-partner.com

i found a 97 integera type R for about $9k with shipping ( shipping prices changes with destonation,)
    Last edited by i-07; 12-19-2007, 10:34 PM.
    back at it again

now if only they made McD's drive throughs for RHD cars. Thats soo unfair!!!!

No but forreal, i dont think that price includes paperwork. Im pretty sure thats what kills it. Plus just for me. I would rather custom do it myself for that price. Same price, but you did it yourself, and you know a whole lot more.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079

No but forreal, i dont think that price includes paperwork. Im pretty sure thats what kills it. Plus just for me. I would rather custom do it myself for that price. Same price, but you did it yourself, and you know a whole lot more.
      the price includes paper work, shipping, and car.
      back at it again

Comment

i've been a member of that site for a WHIIILEEE... haven't gotten on it for a long time. i always used to flip through all the cars and b amazed cool site!

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
        My Ride thread
        Flickr
        Originally posted by d112crzy
        And it can only get better. That's the best part.
        All I gotta really say is:
        People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079

Thats why you go to checkers/rallys instead.

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
          ----
          02 Pontiac Firebird W68
          92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
            i've been a member of that site for a WHIIILEEE... haven't gotten on it for a long time. i always used to flip through all the cars and b amazed cool site!
            lol same here man. i'd been a member for years. i used to want to get a skyline but gave up after a while.
            back at it again

Comment

ive been a member to that site for 3 or so years lol still waiting for that accord sirt to show up lol but still havetn seen one on there

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
              1992 Accord EX Coupe
              My FS Thread
              Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

WHAT

Subaru WRX AWD TURBO? http://www.japan-partner.com/Auto/46...-for-sale.html
                I'd rock that
                ( price is only 2,700 USD)

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

you can't just get any car and import it though.
                  last I knew it had to be a car that has been through U.S. crash tests...not all skylines have...I'm sure an integra would be fine though.
                  ____

Comment

so what would u have to pay for?

the price of car + shipping + what else?

im going to bed btw

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

duty tax which is 150% of what you bought the car for i think or mabye that was the bond but once you get it all conformed and all youll get the bond back

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                      1992 Accord EX Coupe
                      My FS Thread
                      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Q: Will I be able legalize japanese car in USA?
                        Unfortunately we don't deal with the local registration matters and our customers do it on their own. Please, make sure that you can register you car with your local DOT office before placing order.

Q: How do I find out shipping cost of car to my port?
                        To find out shipping cost of a car you need to multiply car shipping cost per cubic metre and export size of car you want to buy. You may find export size of cars in our stock list in export size column. Car shipping cost per cubic metre can be found on the Car Shipping Cost page. For example export size of Nissan Primera is 10.48 cubic metres in accordance with our stock list and car shipping cost to Port Durban (South Africa) is US$70.00 per cubic metre. This means that car shipping cost of Nissan Primera is 10.48*70 = US$734.00. Car shipping cost to some ports is set per unit. For example shipping cost of any car to port Manila (Philippines) is US$540.00. Some cars need to be transported in a container due to their condition or in the case when shipping to some ports possible only in a container.

Q: What is FOB price?
                        FOB is abbreviation of "Free on board". FOB price applies for all cars exported from Japan unless you come to our yard to take a car by yourself. FOB price includes FOB export arragements in Japan (export and customs documents, documents translation), delivery of car from yards to port and loading onto the ship. Our FOB charge is one of the lowest and is only US$500 for the car to be exported from Japan. In other words FOB price equals to car price plus US$500. FOB price does not include car shipping cost to your port.
                        More fees and hassle...
                        -Kevin

1988 Honda Civi- D15B VTEC Dac Biet, my "race car"
                        1992 Honda Accord LX: DD until I finish school

Comment

its not worth it. Its better to go to a RI and talk to them about the whole process..

in recent years, the department of transportation, u.s. customs and the EPA have made it damn near impossible to import an entire car into any US POE.

i'd say you have to be in the military to really avoid all the loop holes.

even then, you have a certain amount of time to get it registered and out on the street before they ship it back to where they came.

it MAY be a little easier if the importing car in question has an EXACT US counterpart.

but if you're trying to bring a skyline, anything below an evo 7,

good freaking luck

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                          Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                          NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

You can import one easily as a race car or parts car. You just can't ever register it to drive on the street.
                            -Kevin

1988 Honda Civi- D15B VTEC Dac Biet, my "race car"
                            1992 Honda Accord LX: DD until I finish school

Comment

Originally posted by K2e2vin
                              You can import one easily as a race car or parts car. You just can't ever register it to drive on the street.

even if its registered. the customs process is very difficult.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                              Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                              NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Working...
                              X