Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rules have been updated. Selling is to be done in the Classifieds section ONLY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rules have been updated. Selling is to be done in the Classifieds section ONLY!

Due to a few recent links in the Beginners Forums to For Sale threads in the Regional Forums, selling in the Regionals is now a thing of the past.

Before, I figured that selling in the Regional Forums would be between fairly local people, which would be much safer (at least you could get to the person selling!) However, I've noticed people linking their Regional For Sale threads in the Beginner Forums, which defeats the whole purpose of the no-selling rule in the Beginner Forums, as well as the protection (or notice of the lack of such) in the Traditional Classifieds.

So, from here on out, no selling is allowed outside of the Classifieds. Either you use the Ebay forums, or post your For Sale threads in the Traditional Classifieds, where everyone has the chance to be made aware of possible scamming issues.

If you can not follow these rules, please leave. CB7tuners are not wealthy people. We cannot afford to be scammed, and I take the protection of my members' money very seriously.

what if someone makes a thread about a item. and you have one for sale.
    can you say "hay i got one of those....PM me".

Comment

So now the regional FS and WTB threads should now be deleted?

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Hey Deev,

What do you think about a Regional F/S Section within the Traditional Classifieds? The Ebay-ONLY Classifieds has a large scope so it might not need a regional section.

As you said CB7tuners are not rich, and usually tend to purchase parts regionally...thus avoiding shipping and levy costs.

A regional Canada F/S Section, for example, will be really helpful for all the members around the Greater Toronto Area.

All that should be required are a bunch of Stickied Threads for each region; these threads can have links to the region's f/s threads. It would be a great way of indexing parts for sale in the area. You should be able to just move those threads that are now under the Regional sections into the Regional F/S section.

just a thought
        Last edited by lokuputha; 12-14-2007, 05:33 PM.
        DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
          Hey Deev,

What do you think about a Regional F/S Section within the Traditional Classifieds? The Ebay-ONLY Classifieds has a large scope so it might not need a regional section.

As you said CB7tuners are not rich, and usually tend to purchase parts regionally...thus avoiding shipping and levy costs.

A regional Canada F/S Section, for example, will be really helpful for all the members around the Greater Toronto Area.

All that should be required are a bunch of Stickied Threads for each region; these threads can have links to the region's f/s threads. It would be a great way of indexing parts for sale in the area. You should be able to just move those threads that are now under the Regional sections into the Regional F/S section.

just a thought
          While it's a great idea, it's a logistical nightmare.

Easier thing to do would be have the seller list LOCAL SALES ONLY in the thread title along with his location..... I mean, I dunno bout you, but I usually take a look at the first three or four pages of the classifieds when I go in there, so it's not like you'd actually need the index.

It is a great idea tho mang. I like it and would be willing to help organize it, but I don't think Deev wants to put that work load on his staff and I can't really blame him.

- Rob -
          92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
          85 Toyota 4Runner
          1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
          2008 HD 1200N
          2009 HD 883N

Comment

I think some sort of classification for regions would be nice. buying locally, when possible, is much more convenient.

Also a question for Deev, can you put something in your Sig and ask people to PM you? For instance I have xxxx PM me for details. Or how about links to your classified thread?
            Click for my ride thread.

Comment

I already have this suggestion posted in the Cars For Sale area... but I'll have to add it to the entire Classifieds section...

Post where your parts are in the title of your thread, like:

NJ: twin turbo H22A, 1500hp, $300

That will increase the interest of people in the area, and still be visible and accessible to others.

And yes, please delete any for sale threads in the regional sections... or if you're feeling generous, move them to the Classifieds. Anything posted AFTER this message should simply be deleted.

Although I'm still a bit wary of such things, you may show what you have for sale in your sig, and post a link to your thread in the signature as well.

Please DO NOT ask people to PM you, as that completely bypasses the minimal security I can provide with that Classifieds warning. With the mention of the stuff in your sig, people WILL PM about it, and I understand that... but please don't encourage it. If I see anything like that in the Beginner Forums, I will start banning people.

Additionally, I may deactivate signatures (having and viewing) for Beginners. That will at least keep for sale signatures from "selling" in the Beginner Forums.

Comment

good idea about the location in the F/S thread title.

^^lol...will do, just waiting to sell some more parts, the proceeds from selling my wind deflectors will go towards CB7tuner
                DEVOTE

Comment

Are you gonna make so that if your thread title isnt exactly as described the thread gets deleted?

Im on some forums where the classifieds section is strict as hell....and if you dont follow their rules to the letter it gets deleted...no warnings....but it works out in the end cuz it makes making deals easier.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

I have no plans to do that... It would make sense, but I don't care to be that involved with the selling of things on here. I only care about people not losing their money. If you don't sell your wheels because your thread has a title of "Check it out!", that doesn't bother me!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      I have no plans to do that... It would make sense, but I don't care to be that involved with the selling of things on here. I only care about people not losing their money. If you don't sell your wheels because your thread has a title of "Check it out!", that doesn't bother me!
                      hahaha, deeve is a beginner. LOL.
                      The beginning of a new era............................
                      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Okay, thanks for the info Deev.

I like the banning of sigs for beginners. It makes sense.
                        Click for my ride thread.

Comment

yet another awesome decision. Dont know how you do it man, must be in league with Stephen Hawkins and ghost Albert Einstein.
                          Last edited by ikayto; 12-15-2007, 09:35 PM.

Comment

I'm glad you approve

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              I'm glad you approve
                              that's WDM approved. (Wilson Domestic Market)
                              The beginning of a new era............................
                              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Working...
                              X