Opinion needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion needed

Well, as most of you know, my supra threw its rod, and the only thing thats going back into my supra is ANOTHER 7MGE. (it'd be jdm, and "under 40K miles", supposidley) My dad beat that situation into the ground, if im living with him, no turbo, and the illegal 1JZ was a FUCK no.

so, its that... oooor...

that. here's the listing...

"224k
    Custom 16x8 rims (wider then original rims)
    The AC works but needs a charge, has cruise, power locks, airbag, ABS, all the options

Here is what I have done to it lately:

-Replaced transmission with low mile unit from a JZA70, shifts like a new car
    -Replaced front brakes
    -Power steering hose

About 2 years ago:

New Toyota head gasket
    ARP Head bolts torqued to proper spec
    rebuilt head w/ valve job
    replaced all seals
    New radiator
    New fan shroud
    New fan and fan clutch
    New water pump
    recovered front seats

If you look at the value of other Toyota supras, you will find that the 91 models are significantly more expensive. 91 had a few changes, including larger speakers in the doors. 91+ supras are the most desirable among this generation. If you want a cheap car, you might want to look at an 87.

Included in the sale is a CD/MP3 player with an SD memory slot. You can put in a 2GB SD card for example and play music directly from it.

Also included is a keyless remote car alarm system that was not yet installed. The car is smogged and registered until 2008 with a clean title.

Issues:

The engine does not leak, but it does burn oil over time. This is typical of an engine with so many miles. It still runs great and strong though, come drive it for yourself and you will see what I mean.

The starter is weak, and requires use of a manual "start" button about 30% of the time. It should be replaced, but with use of the start button it has been fine for the last 2 years.

The bumper was changed, but it was a quick install and sagging slightly.

The dash was replaced, but i forgot to install one of the plastic vent tubes. The glove box also has some sort of fitment issue.

The price is $2400, but I will lower to $2300 if the rims are changed to original sawblades. Yes there are cheaper cars out there, some are more clean. But it is doubtful that you will find one as reliable.

I can accept a credit card to pay for the car, but it will be 10% more "

-----------

I talked to the dude today, and test drove it. it runs strong, and pulls hard, builds boost perfectly, and runs excellent.

Its a LOT cleaner in person.

The only thing that shys me away is the miles. My friends say its a ticking time bomb, and im convinced the dude could work out a deal. (im thinking around 1700)

what do you guys think.

and seriously, please, dont post "get another car" bullshit, i've heard that so much lately.

I want to stay with a supra. its going to be either my car, or this red, auto, targa.

oh and it has a BOV and a bigger FMIC.

its completely stock besides all of that.

what do you guys think, get this? or put another 7MGE in mine..?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

i agree with your friend it is a ticking time bomb, if you plan to pick it up just expect to have some money aside for a rebuilt. in fact i suggest doing a rebuild upon purchase for your safety. your still in high school danny, you can afford the down time of not having a car for a few weeks or months for the rebuild. those rims look like mustang rims from the angle of the pic taken
    So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

I say put another engine in yours... Another car won't be the same, and I think yours looks way better.

You should do a remote turbo... it'll look NA to your dad!

Comment

Stick with the one you have and drop the JDM 7MGE in it. Sounds to be cheaper than buying this one due to the mileage and all.

IMO.
        3 CB's gone....
        1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

well you dad be able to tell the difference from a 7mgcrap from a 1j? if not, i say try to sneak it by him as that.

For this supra. I say no BC its auto and 224k. Mileage dosent scare me, but turboes milage does. Plus WTF its auto.

If you get this one, wat are you going to do with your Supra now? Sell it as it is for $500?

You need to pick a plan and stick with it, no matter what happens(unless it something uber changing comes up). If i didnt make a plan and stick to it, i would trashed the CB im doing up now. Think everything through and make a smart decision, stop getting impulse buy ideas.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

224k 7mge motor?

Um...

No thanks. Probably has more problems than your motor...
            www.stickydiljoe.com

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              I say put another engine in yours... Another car won't be the same, and I think yours looks way better.

You should do a remote turbo... it'll look NA to your dad!
              fuck my dad. I love my car too much to sell it. I've got some one wanting to sell me a clean tan dash, which would make my interior almost perfect (just would need carpet)

i plan on getting a few goodies for my car now. and i think im going to stick with it.

when i realistically look at it. my car dosnt need much to be as clean as I'd like.

carpet
              dash

... new motor....

and as i said before fuk my dad, I'll get a JDM 7M turbo some day soon, i just need a car up and running right now...

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

Dude, fuck auto supras.
                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                  so what are you gonna do...........
                  keep mine.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                    Im keeping mine y0.

the satisfaction of knowing i've done so much to this car, when its done, i know will be incredible.

Comment

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

Comment

WTF why are my post all fucked up? How did you quote me when i supposedly didnt even post yet?

Anyways, i say 1j.

I could ask my cousin what he has in his, nc he has some weirdo conbination of the 2js and the 7m, but last time i asked him he was mad at me for not sellling him my 240, and didnt tell me.........that was a while ago though.

Comment

This is simple, get the fast motor, live in your car and sell crack. Duh!
                          wat?

Comment

DUde, yours looks way sweeter. Good choice.
                            Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
                              DUde, yours looks way sweeter. Good choice.
                              aw thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X