No announcement yet.

tips for getting maximal responses in new threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Word. I feel like I'm in school and today is Saturday...
    YOUR A20 IS TIRED.

Comment

*Spell Check* is as useful as *Search*

Someone asked me for a *written contract* the other day .. I was like ..
      I asked to use their computer and printer, as I was *sure* to embarrass myself..it's been forever since I've written anything ..cept maybe a note here and there.

Nice to see ya back Elliot !!

A Hui Hou !!!
      Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda
        *Spell Check* is as useful as *Search*

Someone asked me for a *written contract* the other day .. I was like ..
        I asked to use their computer and printer, as I was *sure* to embarrass myself..it's been forever since I've written anything ..cept maybe a note here and there.

Nice to see ya back Elliot !!

A Hui Hou !!!
        Tomi

spell check? where....

Comment

Hey,

I'm in such a good mood right now after reading all the fuuny stuff in this thread that I just would like to say....

YO!

j/k
          Last edited by 91blk4thgen; 01-25-2006, 08:44 PM.

Comment

I don't do it often but what is everybody's problem with typing in all caps. Just curious. Sometimes I will have the caps on by accident and type a whole paragraph and not want to retype it. So I'll just leave it.
            .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7ExCoupe
              I don't do it often but what is everybody's problem with typing in all caps. Just curious. Sometimes I will have the caps on by accident and type a whole paragraph and not want to retype it. So I'll just leave it.
              Typing in all caps is not only unprofessional, but to the reader, it's like your yelling at them. Reading all caps is hard on the eyes....

Comment

Another annoying thing is the E-thugs
                Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Originally posted by xScott
                  and no ghetto talk either...

"hellZ yYA doGG! I waZZ RaCINZ thiS SiK ECLipsE y0!"

\

hahahaha ... way too many ppl type like that

Comment

Originally posted by mIsS♥aCcORd_210
                    \

hahahaha ... way too many ppl type like that
                    AHHHHHH!!!!! WHY DID YOU BRING LIFE TO THIS THREAD? WHY??

I'm just kidding, well, sorta....
                    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Well those are nothing but obvious things. If someone actually has to think about this is very slow.

I mean no. Put whatever you want in your title and be very very confusing when asking your question. Pff!

It defies logic.
                      NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

I think all grammatical errors and all that good stuff has been covered but i think that being polite is also very important.
                        if someone flames you don't flames you don't retaliate just be the bigger person and let the flamers look like asses.
                        and try with all your being to ask good questions even though there is no such thing as a stupid question just try not to be stupid on purpose.

Comment

That's why the policy is to ban all those involved in flaming. We don't care who is right and who is wrong. You cross the line, you get banned.

I know the instructions in this thread seem to be common sense... but there's a reason why this thread was made. The sense wasn't as common as you'd think!

Take a look through the Beginner Technical forum. You'll notice that there are a million threads that say "Help!!!??!?!?!" or "Is it broken?"

You have a MUCH better chance of getting a response if you say what the question is in the title. If you say "Is my power steering pump dying?" then someone that knows something about power steering pumps would probably help. If you just say "Help!?!?!?!" then that person may pass over the thread... EVERYBODY needs help. If you can't communicate your problem effectively, it's a waste of someone's valuable time to try to figure out what you're saying!

Show respect to those you're asking for help... not just in the way you talk to them, but in the way you present your question. Make it easy for them to understand your problem, and they'll be much more willing to actually take the time to give you a helpful answer!

Comment

well the title thing is very true.

I think the major reason people don't put on a good title is because they either get lazy or they don't think it's important I know I've gotten lazy a couple of times.lol
                            but yeah the title should definetly be the question and as long as you ask an honest question and are respectful there should be no problem with getting the info.

oh and research is very important. I was surprised at how many questions I didn't have to post because they had already been answered in some other thread so research is absolutely first.

Comment

Working...
                            X