can't wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't wait

well bout 2 months ago i kinda got fucked out of my job. its a long story, but i ended up gettin a job at autozone 3 weeks ago. in the mean time i had been putting in resumes with comcast cable for almost 6 months now. a recruiting event came up while at my last job and i couldn't get off to go to it. yesterday i was at work (autozone) and got a call, i didn't reconize the number so i just let it ring, then 5 mins later my wife texts me sayin "call me 911," so i called and she told me that a guy with comcast had called to set up an interview. as soon as i got off i called back, then called 3 times this morning, then got a hold of the guy at 2ish this afternoon. and he asked me to come in for an interview on sunday. a friend of mine works for comcast and told me to apply and he would help me get on. his cousin and i are the only 2 he wants to help get on.

main reason i am excited is cuz this is a company that deals with information technology and networking. and that is what i am going to school for. also the pay is gonna be $5 more an hour than what i am making now plus benefits as soon as i start. at my last job i had benefits but less pay. not to mention the 401k is better at comcast. i am hopin that i get the job cuz this is a place i could see myself retiring from. also my wife and i have been trying to start a family and medical would be very helpful. as some of you may remeber that my wife miscarried 2 girls this year already, so if i get the job it will make 08 look like it will be brighter for our future.
    i wnat the benefits more than anything else and autozone don't offer it till you have been there a year. i have never been the type to live off the government or the taxes of everyone else. hell even when i got my rof (reduction of force) when i was 20, i didn't even draw unemployment (never will unless i have too).

so please pray for me to get the job.

My Members Ride Thread

You have my blessings.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

good luck with that and many positive things to come . But always have a second backup plan for little shit like the last time. Im starting to see alot of people over here at the airports get laid off that work on on the book by company jobs. What they are doing is laying people off and bringn their own people in that work for peanuts literally.

Comment

my last job was kinda rough, i ran an overhead crane and did my own rigging. so 8 hours of that shit, workin on this and that, and workin on school and spending time with the wife is part to have fucked me. i was sleepin on average 5-6 hours a night and workin nearly all day. but they wouldn't cut me any slack or move me to another shift so i wouldn't be going in so early.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

well got the job as of today.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

I sleep 4 hours a day dude.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
            1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
            2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
            2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
            2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
            2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by cooneyb81
              well got the job as of today.
              Congrats!

Originally posted by Maple50175
              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Good thing man, autozone fuckin sucks. I was a Parts Sales Manager for 2 years, and ran a store for about 3 months.

I fuckin won't even go into an autozone now.

Congrats on bigger and better things.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                  I sleep 4 hours a day dude.
                  dude i've done it before too. before the steel company, i works 80+ hours a week, i'm just getting too old for that shit. Now its a little different with being in school too. I need to be able to think in order to do my school work, i'm 26 and just bearly started school, i need to focus so I can provide for my wife and next kid that lives.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
                    Good thing man, autozone fuckin sucks. I was a Parts Sales Manager for 2 years, and ran a store for about 3 months.

I fuckin won't even go into an autozone now.

Congrats on bigger and better things.
                    i know it sucks, they are training me for management and i been there a month now. plus all the standing kills my ankles/feet. I have had fucked up ankles since I was a kid and need surgery, maybe now i'll be able to fix them.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                    X