Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AccordAnimal
    Hey Guys,

Sorry about the confusion above, but it was ME that was making $15 and hour. I was creating a scenario.

I don't have the owners manual. Didn't come with the car I bought used.

No stickers anywhere I can find.

Oh and to clear something up, I replaced my own headlights. Sorry that was probably confusing.
    You work at the dealership?
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Im confused...

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
      ----
      02 Pontiac Firebird W68
      92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

no the OP is confused.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

anyways you should have it on your manual if not I believe you call Honda america and they will give it to you after exchanging some info.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

look in your glove box on the left side sometimes theres a sticker that reveals the code also i think you can look it up with the vin number its total bullshit my 95 civic had a radio that had to enter the code qand they wanted a hundred dollars and imlike uhh i could get a cd player for that

but yeah do what i said theres a sticker somewhere with the code on it.
            ]

Comment

2005 Accord - Navigation

Changed my headlights, after replacing the battery the navigation unit wanted a 4 digit code.

Called my Honda dealer that i've taken my car to before and inquired.

Told me I had to bring it in and i'd be $98.

That's $100 dollars not including gas to get there and back. @ $15 per hour thats about 6.5 hours of work to have them plug in some codes. Maybe i'm under estimating the intensity of this project?

This, is bullshit. Sure I understand everyone has to put the bread on the table, but at this point I think i'm better off smashing the shit out of the headlight blub, sticking it back in there and pay them to replace the headlight and reset my Navi...or would they charge $100 to replace a headlight?!
              I think it is silly that they want to charge you.

However, you on the other hand are being extremely optimistic figuring labor at $15.00. Honda technicians are not high school graduates that work for slightly better than minimum wage. Check out the labor rates at the dealer you are thinking of taking it too. I would be willing to bet that it is far closer to 1 hour's worth of labor. Usually, 1 hour is the minimum charge.

Of course, you could pay $1,500 for a Honda tablet and do it yourself...
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                I think it is silly that they want to charge you.

However, you on the other hand are being extremely optimistic figuring labor at $15.00. Honda technicians are not high school graduates that work for slightly better than minimum wage. Check out the labor rates at the dealer you are thinking of taking it too. I would be willing to bet that it is far closer to 1 hour's worth of labor. Usually, 1 hour is the minimum charge.

Of course, you could pay $1,500 for a Honda tablet and do it yourself...
                Please read post #15....it would have saved you some typing.
                Thanks.

Comment

haha shit they hired my nephew right out of high school....he is a good tech but only after 6-7 years at the dealership

yea im 17 and my nephew is 26

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
                    just to comment on the techs at the dealership being certified, I've worked in an Acura dealership and the people they hire aren't always up to par with what you'd think. just to throw it out there for you to ponder, most of the techs come from independent shops some of them having no more experience than yourself

That may be true, but my level of experience is not on par with the average joe either.

Comment

Please read post #15....it would have saved you some typing.
                      Thanks.

I must have had the window open to reply when that part of the conversation happened.

Still, you were complaining about the price, but the other option is to pay $1500 and do it yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X