Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dissapointment in Honda Dealership.

2005 Accord - Navigation

Changed my headlights, after replacing the battery the navigation unit wanted a 4 digit code.

Called my Honda dealer that i've taken my car to before and inquired.

Told me I had to bring it in and i'd be $98.

That's $100 dollars not including gas to get there and back. @ $15 per hour thats about 6.5 hours of work to have them plug in some codes. Maybe i'm under estimating the intensity of this project?

This, is bullshit. Sure I understand everyone has to put the bread on the table, but at this point I think i'm better off smashing the shit out of the headlight blub, sticking it back in there and pay them to replace the headlight and reset my Navi...or would they charge $100 to replace a headlight?!

See thats why I just play with old Hondas nothing new cause you do the simplest task and it messes with something else in the car.
    "form follows function."
    Louis Sullivan

Comment

google it. you might be able to find the code. Not sure how it works exactly. that IS bull shit though. you paid the $98 when you bought the car.
      My Car
      FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

that code should be on the unit itself or in the owners manual. there should be a card in there with that code

if its not there, pull the headunit out and take the serial number on it. call the dealer and tell them you need the code, they should ask for the serial number and be able to give you that code.
        Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by blackcb7
          that code should be on the unit itself or in the owners manual. there should be a card in there with that code

if its not there, pull the headunit out and take the serial number on it. call the dealer and tell them you need the code, they should ask for the serial number and be able to give you that code.

x2. If they still will not give to you/wants $ from you, PM me the info. I'll get it...
          RETIRED...

Comment

like black cb said it should be in the owners manual

or open the glove on on the side should be the number

both radio and navigation
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

I had a weird experience at honda about a month ago. My moms 03 accord lx's turn signal wouldn't work, i believe it was only the left one. I wans't sure what it was but I thought it was the relay. They quoted her a couple hundred dollars to fix it. They didn't say what "it" was.

So instead I ordered a relay from majestic for like 20 bucks. I had to pull some plastic panels off to get to it, it was somewhat out of the way. The old one had a broken plastic tab and wasn't completely seated, it had been molested in someway at sometime...anyway I replaced and it bam! turn signals work.

And a little aside to that story, we had to take the car in for a missing lugnut at the same time. It seems last time it was at honda someone overtorqued a lugnut and the stud must've snapped. It was about 60 to replace the stud.

I still trust them to do quality work though because they have the best quality parts(OEM) and certified mechanics. Although like most places there are mistakes and good workers can be hard to find. But both hondas near me are about an hour away, and we haven't been satisfied with either for different reasons. I mean I have other bad stories, but I still go there.
              Last edited by accordaffair; 11-30-2007, 05:15 PM.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

theres only two Honda dealerships i trust in the Cincinnati area.

Superior Honda and Performance Honda in Fairfield. i refuse to go to anything with Jeff Wyler attached to it.

Comment

how did you get 15 dollars per hour?

shop rate starts at 90/hr nowadays.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                    how did you get 15 dollars per hour?

shop rate starts at 90/hr nowadays.
                    Thats what I was wondering.. Your getting a hell of a deal if they are only charging 15 an hour.

The cheapest rate around here is $60 an hour and that is just some half assed "mechanic" that does brakes and crappy alignments.

Typing in the code should only take them MAYBE 15 minutes by the time they look it up, enter it and confirm that it worked. They will more then likely still charge you for an hour of labor just because they are a dealership and that is what they do best is charge you.

Like said above, you should have the code somewhere in your records, owners manuel, etc.

Comment

i cant believe youre letting this fly by...

they replaced ypur battery, therefore they should of reprogramed your navi...its like when you diconect a battery your suppose to fix the time on the radio...they are fucking you over majorly...the only reason they are charging you $98 is because thats their shop rate...no way its $15 LOL the tech prob gets paid $20-25...but any ways they should of taken care of that or atleast let you know before hand that that was gonna be necassary...but honestly do you think you should pay $98 + labor for instaling the battery?

some shops should be closed or burned to the ground
                      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                      The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Disconnecting the battery wipes out the radio and navigation codes. They are probably on stickers inside your glove box. Both are 4 digits. Once the codes are in and the GPS is synched, turn on the radio and hit the CD/AUX/XM button until CDC-01 appears on the display. You should see Dension info on the iPod screen. Consult the Ice:Link Users Manual from this point on.

copied from another site

Nicole
                        MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

when I changed from the oem tape player to the oem CD player I had to get the codes too. so I asked someone I knew at the time that worked to honda to get me the codes. & he did. it took 1min to put it in.

just ask someone that works at honda to get you the codes. theres got to be someone here that can hook you up. youll just have to give them your vin & the code on the sticker behind your radio

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I believe the navi unit is mounted inside your trunk. double check though. if it is, just give me the serial # and I'll hook it up.
                            The beginning of a new era............................
                            165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                            184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Hey Guys,

Sorry about the confusion above, but it was ME that was making $15 and hour. I was creating a scenario.

I don't have the owners manual. Didn't come with the car I bought used.

No stickers anywhere I can find.

Oh and to clear something up, I replaced my own headlights. Sorry that was probably confusing.

Comment

Working...
                              X