Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF America, Just switch....

over to metric already.

The whole world uses metric. the USA is the only damn country to still use SAE and refuse to change over.

Metric is 10x easir and practical

Stop being such a hard headed asshat and switch over

I drove around to 5 stores and wasted like 2 hours of my life to find out none of them had the Tap i needed.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

What do you want us to do? Baptize the sin of our American measurements away, and never speak of them again?

Do you have any idea how much it would cost to replace every road sign in America? Not to mention it would completely fuck up our Football fields.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
      over to metric already.

The whole world uses metric. the USA is the only damn country to still use SAE and refuse to change over.

Metric is 10x easir and practical

Stop being such a hard headed asshat and switch over

I drove around to 5 stores and wasted like 2 hours of my life to find out none of them had the Tap i needed.
      Dont blame the system blame the stores. I was readly able to find metric taps. I got mines for the transmission from ace hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
        What do you want us to do? Baptize the sin of our American measurements away, and never speak of them again?

Do you have any idea how much it would cost to replace every road sign in America? Not to mention it would completely fuck up our Football fields.
        well, many other countrys have done it before so it shouldnt be a problem. I mean all of science uses metric n all that

Ya i went to ACE, all they has was 8x1.25. I need 12x1.25

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

Comment

well, many other countrys have done it before so it shouldnt be a problem. I mean all of science uses metric n all that

Yeah but football is really soccer in other countries, so they dont have to worry about yardage.

it was easy for them. they dont know what its like

Comment

Thats because john madden is their spokesman, and he was a football player and coach.

Comment

lol'd but yeah we don't take too kindly to people who oppose our stubborn, selfish unwillingness to change, even its a good idea. If it costs me money, its godless communism, damn heathens. Yeah, you probably think voting for a woman president and universal healthcare is a good idea too. I step over bums on my way to work and tell them to get a job.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
              where you been, is something wrong?
              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

This has nothing to do with the taps.

The point is, the system SUCKS.

Just becasue you start off on the wrong foot dosent mean that you cant change it.

The only problem with changing over is becasue all the stupid tards would go into havoc having to change something in their schedule.

I remember in HS when they taught this everyone was freaking out like, oh my God metric is soo hard

Comment

I was fucking joking, calm down.

but does this mean we should change the time system too? it based of the number 60, completely oddball. why not make 100 minutes in an hour, and 100 seconds in a minute?

seriously though, i completely agree we should be using the metric system, im just playing devils advocate.

Comment

not time, the whole world uses 60 minutes.

But she should switch over 24 hr instead of am/pm. That shit can be soo confusing at times.

Comment

zing!

Comment

US should switch. Military uses metric. NASA fubar'd a rover because of a conversion mistake... etc. I'd like the US to switch. Will it happen? Nahhh
                        My Car
                        FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Imperial isnt that hard, nor is converting between the two. Try using your brain instead of bitching on the internet.
                          To-Do List for Today
                          Be Awesome

Comment

lol I (roughly) know both. I know F and C too :P Living in europe does that though :P
                            My Car
                            FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

im just playing devils advocate.
                              Youre good at that.
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X