Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pix of my 03 dakota stampede, check this out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
    i hate that body style dakota

how can you deal with the no feed back steering feel and hard brake feel?

to each his own i guess but what motor does this have in it?never seen one come in before...4.7 or 5.2?

also get your ball joints checked asap put a jack under the lower control up put your hands at the 12 and 6 o'clock position and shake in and out
    The ball joints were a problem on the 4x4 models, not the 4x2. I hate the Dakota's braking too. Fuckin push the pedal hard as shit and it barely stops. It needs a better master cylinder or something. 2 piston calipers on pretty big rotors up front and single piston discs on the rear should stop it.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Hows your back feel getting into the truck max?

Comment

didnt know he had the 2wd...th ebrakes are alright for the size of the truck, it just feels like it's barely getting any vacumm assist on that booster...i hate pulling them in the shop first thing in the morning and hitting the brakes...hard as hell and the truck dont stop lol...
        People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
        The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
          The ball joints were a problem on the 4x4 models, not the 4x2. I hate the Dakota's braking too. Fuckin push the pedal hard as shit and it barely stops. It needs a better master cylinder or something. 2 piston calipers on pretty big rotors up front and single piston discs on the rear should stop it.

i havent had any problems yet, but then again, i havent had to do any extreme braking yet either.
          "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
          "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
          Disregard females, acquire currency
          BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by 501accord
            Hows your back feel getting into the truck max?

great! thanks
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
              didnt know he had the 2wd...th ebrakes are alright for the size of the truck, it just feels like it's barely getting any vacumm assist on that booster...i hate pulling them in the shop first thing in the morning and hitting the brakes...hard as hell and the truck dont stop lol...

yep, stampedes are only 2wd.

Comment

is there anything else special about this thing?or just ground effects?it looks lower than most dakota's to or maybe thats jus the kit...does it say stampede anywhere atleast lol...never seen one
                People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
                  just fine. dont hate bc it aint urs.

Wow look! It's sparkle Jr!

As long as you like it, that is all that matters. I personally haven't been real impressed by thier durability, but then again it was a little older, so maybe 2003 was better.

Also, I think the MPG may wear on you after awhile, but if you drive it nice, then it should be OK.

And the 4.7 isn't that fast, but it is decent.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                    Wow look! It's sparkle Jr!

As long as you like it, that is all that matters. I personally haven't been real impressed by thier durability, but then again it was a little older, so maybe 2003 was better.

Also, I think the MPG may wear on you after awhile, but if you drive it nice, then it should be OK.

And the 4.7 isn't that fast, but it is decent.
                    1) id like to request that you NEVER call me that again. nothing personall against you OR him, but i have a username for a reason.

2) the 4.7 IS fast compared to my 17 year old accord i had, and my sebring that weighed 3894832487265474 pounds.

the truck is plenty fast enough for me. ( both for me to have fun in, and for me to get in trouble in
                    )

Comment

If bags didnt have a shit ride I would suggest slamming it. Maybe just some lowering shackles? I dunno. Too much wheel gap for me lol.

Comment

Nice
                        my Dad had a 2000 Dakota Magnum 6 cylinder
                        like yours

and it was AWESOME!!!!!

Good find and Next best replacement for the sebring and yeah
                        clear the front corners they look really nice on Dakota/Durangos'
                        Tail lights i'd keep it stock

get a custom sub box that goes under your seats
                        tint your windows
                        lower it if you want
                        and your all set man

one thing i bet it's a gas guzzler
                        my dad's 6 cly took gas like a mofo
                        is yours a 6 or 8?

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
                          If bags didnt have a shit ride I would suggest slamming it. Maybe just some lowering shackles? I dunno. Too much wheel gap for me lol.
                          yeah i wouldnt mind a 2 or 3 inch drop, not too much tho, or itd be just as hard to get in as the sebring was!

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris
                            Nice
                            my Dad had a 2000 Dakota Magnum 6 cylinder
                            like yours

and it was AWESOME!!!!!

Good find and Next best replacement for the sebring and yeah
                            clear the front corners they look really nice on Dakota/Durangos'
                            Tail lights i'd keep it stock

get a custom sub box that goes under your seats
                            tint your windows
                            lower it if you want
                            and your all set man

one thing i bet it's a gas guzzler
                            my dad's 6 cly took gas like a mofo
                            is yours a 6 or 8?
                            4.7 V8

and shes THIRSTY!!!

and hungry... for ricers... lol

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
                              4.7 V8

and shes THIRSTY!!!

and hungry... for ricers... lol
                              i think they sell a very nice supercharger kit for the 4.7 v8s

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Oh, tires for those 16'' wheels are expensive as shit. The center caps like to fall out a lot too.
                                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Working...
                                X