Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody been watching the Democratic National Convention?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody been watching the Democratic National Convention?

Title pretty much says it all. I havne't been able to watch the past 2 nights because of work. I am fully prepared to see John Edwards speak tonight. I did get a chance to see Bill's speach on C-Span and he fucking rocked. Not only did he make some excellent points, he is an awesome fucking speaker.
    Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
    The cb7tuner.com OG.

What time does Edwards speak tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by accordzoom
      What time does Edwards speak tonight?
      I was just trying to figure out the same thing. I believe it's 9pm central time.
      The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Yup, 10pm EST.

Did you watch last nights main speaker? The senator from Illinois whose dad is from Sudan, and mom is from Kansas. He was an amazing speaker.

Then the speaker after that, Ron Reagan. He spoke in favor of the advancement of stem-cell research. If you ever look deeper into that subject, it's truly amazing what can be cured.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accord2dr
          Yup, 10pm EST.

Did you watch last nights main speaker? The senator from Illinois whose dad is from Sudan, and mom is from Kansas. He was an amazing speaker.

Then the speaker after that, Ron Reagan. He spoke in favor of the advancement of stem-cell research. If you ever look deeper into that subject, it's truly amazing what can be cured.
          I did not get to hear them speak because I was at work I have heard Ron Regan speak before and he is awesome Very different ideas from his father, which is good.
          The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accord2dr
            He spoke in favor of the advancement of stem-cell research. If you ever look deeper into that subject, it's truly amazing what can be cured.
            don't take it too far, as it's all theoretical... we believe it will have a huge impact, but it may not... and if it does, it will be extremely costly (a bottle of immunoglobulin, used for flare ups of dermatomyositis, or when we're at whits end and want the body's immune system to calm down costs about $1000, and it's easily harvested). but yes, the research should be allowed.

i've watched the dnc a little bit, but not too much, since it won't sway who i'm voting for (fyi i didn't and won't vote for the current guy in office ).

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
              (fyi i didn't and won't vote for the current guy in office ).
              w00t w00t
              The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcb7
                w00t w00t
                I second! All in favor say aye!

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
                2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Comment

^ lol.

fyi, kerry's speech is tonight, 10 pm est/7 pm pst... good thing, 'cause i don't want to miss "last comic standing" lol.

Comment

Clinton was the man, he was the best public speaker we've had in recent times, oh yeah and he got head in the oval office, that's cool too.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
                    Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #4
                    Official Ebay Whore Crew #9

Comment

Originally posted by skubydobdo
                      Clinton was the man, he was the best public speaker we've had in recent times, oh yeah and he got head in the oval office, that's cool too.
                      you said it
                      The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

kerry did a really great job last night. not that it mattered, he could have come out and said "f*$$ you all, i don't give a f$($(% about a damn thing..." i'd still vote for him, lol.

in all seriousness though, i thought he did a great job of conveying his message, didn't get to negative, and really set the tone for what the democratic party needs to do.

and i thought two huge things were:
                        1. having the men he served with on stage supporting him, as well as former senator max cleland.
                        2. "hi, i'm john kerry, reporting for duty" - fits the atmosphere of today's times, reflects back on his prior service, and the service he wants to continue.

no way "that other guy" can top that.

Comment

Working...
                        X