Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this forum full of stupid?

[Rant]

WTF? Why are there so many people on here that are abnormally stupid? I haven't seen this many short cutting morons in one place in a long time.... FUCK!

I'm not saying it's everyone, but there are certain people on here that shouldn't give advice on how to tie a shoe, let alone work on a car. Is it because the avg age is so young or what? I don't get it, lol.

The fastest way is not always the right way, and hardly ever does it end up being the easiest in the long run. Remember that kiddies. Yeesh.

[/Rant]

- Rob -
    92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
    85 Toyota 4Runner
    1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
    2008 HD 1200N
    2009 HD 883N

1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

i can't stand when people say stock shocks and extreme drops go well together. then the newbs listen (for once) and spread the word.

Comment

Is this forum full of stupid?

Yes.
        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
        Disregard females, acquire currency
        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

I knew I couldn't be the only one that's asked themselves this question before, lol.

- Rob -
          85 Toyota 4Runner
          2008 HD 1200N
          2009 HD 883N

Comment

"im on stock shocks with sprint springs and im fine"

That's about as smart as saying "i tried heroin and i'm not addicted"

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              "im on stock shocks with sprint springs and im fine"

That's about as smart as saying "i tried heroin and i'm not addicted"
              Dont hate! lol.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Lol.
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                  Dont hate! lol.
                  You were the one I had in mind, actually!

Keep in mind, you're an exception... or you're just comfortable on blown shocks (I've helped change suspensions where most or all shocks were DONE... the owners had no idea)

MOST stock shocks won't handle a drop... not just because of their stock-ness, but because most of them are original... they're probably nearly dead anyway, and the extra stress would kill them.

I hate seeing bad advice given. We all halfass. We all take shortcuts... but it's not smart, or nice, to advise a new tuner to do the same.

Comment

Yeah, I mean.. after you've done it for awhile, you figure out what you can and can't skip. But you don't tell a brand spanking newbie how to short cut shit, lol. Tell em the book way and let them figure out the rest on their own.

- Rob -
                    85 Toyota 4Runner
                    2008 HD 1200N
                    2009 HD 883N

Comment

I rode in Nails car a number of times before I got his springs and call me crazy, but I think my car (with AGXs on soft) rides a tad stiffer than his did on blown stockers.
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

, I am pissed. I can't finish my Physics homework online because Wiley Plus is not working right. SHIT!
                        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak
                          I rode in Nails car a number of times before I got his springs and call me crazy, but I think my car (with AGXs on soft) rides a tad stiffer than his did on blown stockers.
                          Why would blown shocks be stiff? They're not putting up any resistance! Blown shocks will be nice and bouncy/floaty on the springs!

AGX are adjustable... I like to call those adjustments "not soft enough" and "not stiff enough"... and points in between.

Comment

Iv had stock shocks and neuspeed springs on the integra since i bought it...it rides fine.

Of course if i would have been the one who replaced the suspension i would have done full coilovers, but for what it is, it works fine.

But anyway, yes this forum is full of stupid.

The internet is full of stupid
                            this forum is on the internet,
                            therefore this forum is full of stupid.

I knew that "logical thinking" class i took would come in handy!

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

The world is full of stupid.

And yeah, the Integra is also newer... therefore the stock shocks are newer. It's moreso the age, than it is the stock-ness. Plus, how one drives also makes a difference. I've seen you drive, eric... and you don't drive like a dipshit! (you're a lousy Masshole!)

Comment

Working...
                              X