scamming me? *help me*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scamming me? *help me*

as some of you know Im trying to sell my civic & parts. Ive listed it on craigslist, autotrader, & many forums. a few days ago I got this email from someone calling themselfs suzzy yemi. at first she emailed me about buying my cars engine, which I didnt list for sale. so I told her I could not sell her the cars engine, but she could buy the whole car if she wanted.

well the next day I got an email saying that she wanted to buy the car as a whole. so I emailed her the link to my craigslist topic. she "agreed" to buy it. so she asked for some of my info. she also said that she would send a check. & after I cashed it. she would send someone to pic up my ride.

it it just me or does this seam a little fishy? what do you guys recommend I do???

(Im guessing she saw my craigslist topic)
    here are the emails we exchanged...

suzzy yemi...
    Hello good day,
    I was going through the classified ads and i came across your forsale advt.i will like to inform you that i'am interested in buying your goods. I want to know if it's still available and if it's still in good condition. Do get back to me with details and present condition also with the bottom price you are willing to sell off and probaly the pics of the goods.
    pls get back to me via e-mail asap .
    DUE REGARDS
    me...
    all the parts I listed are still available. which parts are you intrested in?
    suzzy yemi...
    i want to buy the full engine of the car
    me...
    oh well Im only selling those few parts I listed. but the car its self is also for sale.
    suzzy yemi...
    hello,
    thanks for the reply i can also buy the car in whole all i need is to refurbish it after buying it. pls get back to me with the price details
    me...
    Im selling it for 7999 with the S.I. rims/suspension
    or 6500 with all the factory rims/suspension back on.

the price is OBO (in other word ill take any reasonable offer)

heres the link to the craigslist ad. www.**************
    suzzy yemi...
    Hello,
    thank you for the prompt response to my enquiry am very much satisfied with the condition and price of the item and i would like to make an outright purchase immediately so i will advice that you withdraw the advert from the web.Pls i will like to know how you intend to proced on this. okay but I would prefer that i issue a certified check in us dollars to you after which my shipper will be coming over for the pick up once you have gotten that.I read through the advert and am okay with it so please i will like you to provide the following information so that i can ask my secretary to issue the payment asap.
    1.....Full name to write on the check
    2.....Full Physical address to post the check to with Zip Cde
    3.....Home & Cell Phone to contact you kindly
    the payment to be sent will also comprises the shipping funds and i will later direct you on how the balance on the payment will be used for the shipment. All this are needed before the payment can be mail out this week without delay.
    me...
    I have some questions...
    1.are you going to buy the as a completely stock ($6,500) or as modiffied with SI rims & w/aftermarket suspension ($7,999obo)?
    2. what country are you in?
    3.you said the payment will include the shipping money, how much is this shipping?
    4.after I have depostied the check in the bank, someone will come pick up the car correct?
    5.would I have to pay this shipper myself?

btw heres the information you wanted...
    name=gus**** *******
    add=******************
    phone=***-***-****(leave a message if I do not pick up.)
    but right after I had sent that I sat here thinking about it. cuz this seams too easy & good to be true. so I sent her the following email with the topic "disregard my last email"

me...
    I have one last question for you. is there any way you can give me cash? instead
    of some "check" because the more I think about it, the more this is sounding like a common scam that goes on often here. so I would perfer that you tell someone in my area to give me the cash in person. or for you to give it to me inperson.

in other words I cannot accept this check of yours. because of the high change this a scam. only cash.

btw here email is suzzy_yemi@yahoo.com

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Just by the FIRST email they sent you its a scam STRAIGHT UP

it there like

PICTURE OF THE GOODS?? What the fuck ???

What fucking goods, if they really wanted it they would be like "yo dude i like the civic let me send you a check "

you know

but yeah the check will go in the back then LATER will like bounce you know

and will leave you dollars Debt

trust me i done alot of reseach on scams

and especially when there like

"whats the condition of the item"

people like this try to scam ANYTHING!! without even knowing what it is

but if you think it's legit than try it

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

sound pretty fake...when i sold my mustang and my sister maxima on craigslist i got the same exact emails....i just emailed back random stuff about parts they didnt mention and i would get a email back saying they like the conditions and the price( i thing they have a program that reads for parts names and stuff about car and reaspon back filling in areas with parts u mentioned

Comment

Yep i sold TONS of stuff on Craigslist

and i get those Emails Randomly i just put them in SPAM!!

Comment

dont take the risk.

Comment

uhh...why not just take the cheque...deposit it...WAIT TILL YOU HAVE THE MONEY IN YOUR BANK, then let her "friend" pick up the ride...????

what could happen if he does it? he gets a cheque..deposits it..it bounces, guy comes for the car, you tell him to fuck off.

or

he gets the cheque, he goes to the bank WITH THE GUY, if its a fake cheque, make the cunt walk home.
            ..[CB7][STAR]..
            MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by stewie
              uhh...why not just take the cheque...deposit it...WAIT TILL YOU HAVE THE MONEY IN YOUR BANK, then let her "friend" pick up the ride...????

what could happen if he does it? he gets a cheque..deposits it..it bounces, guy comes for the car, you tell him to fuck off.

or

he gets the cheque, he goes to the bank WITH THE GUY, if its a fake cheque, make the cunt walk home.
              what if the guy has a f'ing Gun or something

plus these pick up guys are alawys in a hurry my neighbor sold cars like that b4 and there like UPS they come and Leave like SNAP!!!

Comment

You know it would take several days for the check to clear. They would want you to hand over the car and title immediately after giving you the check. The check would bounce ofcource and you would be out of a car. LOL. It's really sad some people actually fall for this.

My swap thread
                Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

fuck that shit man sounds like a scam to me

Ride List
                  1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                  2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                  newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

word

Comment

Originally posted by Dom
                      banks can usually find out if the check is okay. it just wont clear right away!

there ya go, the bank can tell if the cheque is legit or not, if it bounces, you take them to court. if its fake, you just walk away and bust the guy for fraud.
                      ..[CB7][STAR]..
                      MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by Dom
                        banks can usually find out if the check is okay. it just wont clear right away!
                        So the bank says its okay, then a day later the scammer withdraws all the money out of the account. I doubt it would ever go that far though.

My swap thread
                        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

have them make the check out to 'heywood jablowme' if they make it out for that person, then its a fake and you have a funny ass check to look at for a while

My Members Ride Thread
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

alright after reading the responses Ive decited to not sell it to them.

too bad I already sent my add & tele to them. I guess I will have to protect my car for the following days. so it doesnt get jacked

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

def. a scam, got the same thing a while back trying to sell my truck.

SOLD!

Comment

Working...
                              X