So after a year with may cb7...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So after a year with may cb7...

Well, it's been about a year since I got my car. I'm starting to realize how much work I'd really have to do to get it where I want it. It's alot.....there's the "classic" 1/4 panel rust, there's rust on the driver side door, it'll need a whole new paint job, the tranny doesn't feel like it'll last for more than a couple years, there's still more suspension work to do (bushings and a couple more balljoints).

I'm just feeling kinda down about everything. It's going to take alot of money to get it nice again and one of my friends put it well when they said, "How much of that money would you really get back out of it when you sold it?" I'm seriously considering stopping my mods and putting any money I get into a nice little account to start saving for a Prelude or RX-7. In a couple of years I think I'd be able to get a pretty nice one and I wouldn't really have to worry about fixing anything...just go straight to modding it.

Anyone have any comments? Am I just crazy?

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
    2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Uncle is teh search wizArd
    Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
    The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Nice to know I'm one of many!

Comment

Originally posted by iamnemo
        Nice to know I'm one of many!
        no prob.... just gotta determine for yourself if it's worth it or not... i suppose the input of others may help sway you one way or the other, but in the end, it's your decision.

every car has its problems from bimmers and benzes to yugos. some people will roll with the problems and keep the car, some don't want to deal with them and get rid of the car. unless you have a classic car, you'll probably never get back what you put into a car because it's hard to put a price tag on blood, sweat, and tears.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

I say it like this I rather put it for it to get the maintenance done cause if you car about your car your car will care for you in times of need . LIke when you see everyone elses shit break down you can be atleast like well i cared about my car and it still runs strong. And you have to keep the cosmetics up to date and take car of it and it will make you look good. then after awhile you may not wanna sell it .

Thats what i plan on doin if i do keep this car which i will ill get another cb7 and another then a sports car 3 cars total. cb7's are cheap nowadays just budget yourself dont spend money on shit you dont need or dont plan on usin later and you should be straight bro.

Comment

The way I see it, ANY used car will come with it's problems. The CB7 is actually one of the more reliable cars on the road... and due to the large amount of them around, parts are easily found!

The 1/4 rust sucks, but I had Maaco take care of that for me for a reasonable price ($620 for a new paintjob, stripping the roof and trunk, and fixing some BAD 1/4 panel rust).

An RX-7 would be a beast, but you'd have to make sure you find one that hasn't been beaten (hard to find in a sports car). They ALL have heat issues, which means if the previous owner didn't address that, you'll have a worn engine and a project ahead of you right off the bat. Not that they aren't nice cars... I'd love one!

A Prelude is a bit more practical, but still... The benefits include: having a car that still fits in with current styling (92+ anyway). Stock H22 (unless you get the puss version...) Wider wheelbase than the CB7, so nice handling. And decent resale value (better than the CB7, anyway... The bad things are that the Lude costs more to buy. It'll cost more to insure (as will the RX7) and it weighs more than the CB7 (an H22 in a CB7 is marginally better than an H22 in a Prelude with the same mods and driver...)

It's up to you. You will NEVER get out of a car what you put into it when you sell it. A friend of mine just bought CB7 for $3000 that had almost that much worth of mods in it! Any car you buy will have things to fix and things to upgrade. It all depends on what you want. The CB7 can be made as fast as any amateur sports car (no 7 second slips, but you could get it into the 12s or 11s if you cared to).

Comment

Pfft, it could run 7's if you could mod the engine bay enough and drop in a nice Chevy 572 Crate engine, then add a vortech supercharger, NOS, new camshaft, etc. then you're pretty much up there around 1000 HP at least. Now that would be a fun CB7.

Comment

thats boring though your not really gonna need that much hp to race anyone. 500 is enough and your still not gonna get traction comon now lets be realistic here in his perspective.

Comment

Even the CL type S has traction problems (FWD), and they have only 260ish hp.
                  Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                  2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                  2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                  2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

That's why you would put something like 280 or even 300 series ties in the front.

Comment

just move to the west coast where thr is no rust (unless u live by the ocean)
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                        just move to the west coast where thr is no rust (unless u live by the ocean)
                        And right now I wish I had the :fawk:...

Comment

Working...
                        X