loosing weight thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow u went down that far? keep it up!

right now i'm trying to help out a friend lose wight he is aroind 275 and his goal is 180.

lets put it this way, i have worked him to the bone riding bikes working out and i i acually lost weight and he only lost 6 at most and he gets it back that night!

i can now see that it is really hard work to get ur weight down but the results is worth it.

but for me i am only 5'6" and only weigh 120 pounds. i'm too small... seesh
    1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Yeah, I've wanted to lose weight for a long time. After highschool swim training I stopped working out.

I'm 6'4'' 230lbs. I used to be skinnier but I don't have time to work out, I'm just watching what I eat and so far it seems to keep me pretty even.

Comment

Ive tried to gain weight my entire life....Ive been 125 since I was 15 years old (now almost 21) and im 5'8

I worked at mcdonalds for 2 years and I ate it atleast once a day probably...especially since it was a 2 min walk from my high school....and I gained nothing.

Even when I worked out with weights I only gained like 10 pounds and that was with the help of protein to gain muscle.

Much props on the loosing 50 pounds in 3 months though....That takes dedication.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

You don't want to lose weight too fast. 10 pounds a month is about the best way to do it. You can do harm to your body, or just throw your system out of whack if you go too fast. Gradual becomes permanent, especially if it comes with a lifestyle change!

I'm working on losing weight myself. I have a bit of a belly, and an impressive pair of man boobies. Not really fat, but chubby. 220 at 5'11. I have a bit of muscle, so it's not ALL fat... Still, 185-190 would be nice, with some muscle. My schedule is unpredictable though, and I've also been a little on the unmotivated side (for a number of reasons)... not really the easiest circumstances to get a routine down! (I've also been eating lots of crap lately... )

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            You don't want to lose weight too fast. 10 pounds a month is about the best way to do it. You can do harm to your body, or just throw your system out of whack if you go too fast. Gradual becomes permanent, especially if it comes with a lifestyle change!

I'm working on losing weight myself. I have a bit of a belly, and an impressive pair of man boobies. Not really fat, but chubby. 220 at 5'11. I have a bit of muscle, so it's not ALL fat... Still, 185-190 would be nice, with some muscle. My schedule is unpredictable though, and I've also been a little on the unmotivated side (for a number of reasons)... not really the easiest circumstances to get a routine down! (I've also been eating lots of crap lately... )
            so true...dont try to go too fast, you'll regret it. I have been slacking on my diest, not really eating bad per say but not eating my six meals which could be worse. I gained 3 lbs but I'm happy its all muscle My arms are getting huge and my chest is alot more defined and VERY strong so I'm happy. Working is good but that diet is what makes everything works synergistically
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

i have been stuck at 210 for 2 years now and i hate it since i was a chubby kid and then when i hit high school i started doing more and ended up graduating high school at 5"7 160 Ibs which was confortable for me then once i got married i shot to 200s and havent been able to lose it. But i am a competative person so I need someone to workout with and jog with and what not to push myself.

Congrats on all the weight you have lost my wife is losing weight too since she is 5 foot tall and weighed 190 in high school then got herself down to 130 before she got pregenent with our son and she shot back up to 180 and is just now getting back down to 140 and she is loving it ... especially since i took her clothes shopping yesterday and let her get a bunch of new clothes.

Keep it up you have inspired me to start losing weight again

Comment

Originally posted by trickedaccord92
                i have been stuck at 210 for 2 years now and i hate it since i was a chubby kid and then when i hit high school i started doing more and ended up graduating high school at 5"7 160 Ibs which was confortable for me then once i got married i shot to 200s and havent been able to lose it. But i am a competative person so I need someone to workout with and jog with and what not to push myself.

Congrats on all the weight you have lost my wife is losing weight too since she is 5 foot tall and weighed 190 in high school then got herself down to 130 before she got pregenent with our son and she shot back up to 180 and is just now getting back down to 140 and she is loving it ... especially since i took her clothes shopping yesterday and let her get a bunch of new clothes.

Keep it up you have inspired me to start losing weight again
                Well I hope this thread lives, because for the people like you and me, it will help keep us motivated.

My husband also has lost about 70lbs (more than that, but he has gained a TON of muscle) Let me find some before and after pics of him, but he hates pics, but I will try.

He also took me clothes shopping last monday, and bought me new clothes, because I was at a 24 and now I am down to an 18. So my clothes were literally falling off of me, and my shirts made me look "fatter" than what I am.

Everyone, keep up the work, we can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicole
                MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

what do you guys do to loose wieght. like how you planning everything. right now im 5'10" and 220pds. im trying to loose about 50 and ill be happy.
                  miss my turbo cb7
                  moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
                    what do you guys do to loose wieght. like how you planning everything. right now im 5'10" and 220pds. im trying to loose about 50 and ill be happy.

My mom gave me pictures of when I was "skinny" I was about a size 6/8 and around 140-150lbs. So I stuck those up on the frig, by my computer and also in my car, so that when I want something 'fatty' I will look at those pics and remind myself I dont need them.

I also do about 100 sit ups every other day, and salsa dancing videos(cardio) and I walk with my kids.

Edit: I also eat chicken for lunch and dinner, with some veggies and fruit. When I do my chicken, I put it in the skillet with teryoki(sp) sauce and let it simmer till its cooked. It is very very tender and non fattening (low fat marinade)

Good luck everyone

We should have the thing where, its who's the biggest loser on cb7tuner.
                    Last edited by hondaccordgrl; 11-19-2007, 10:51 AM.

Nicole
                    MY RIDE

Yes, I am a chick!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hondaccordgrl
                      My mom gave me pictures of when I was "skinny" I was about a size 6/8 and around 140-150lbs. So I stuck those up on the frig, by my computer and also in my car, so that when I want something 'fatty' I will look at those pics and remind myself I dont need them.

I also do about 100 sit ups every other day, and salsa dancing videos(cardio) and I walk with my kids.

Edit: I also eat chicken for lunch and dinner, with some veggies and fruit. When I do my chicken, I put it in the skillet with teryoki(sp) sauce and let it simmer till its cooked. It is very very tender and non fattening (low fat marinade)

Good luck everyone

We should have the thing where, its who's the biggest loser on cb7tuner.

lolz.

hey u said you do 100 sit ups you mean like 20 at a time till you hit 100? or do u do it straight through? cuz i was like there is no way i can hit 100 maybe 30.

but one thing i recommend is abs slide. most people say it hurts their back but that cuz their stommach is not strong enough.

i do an average of 75 start off and then to two sets of 25's every week.

abs slide does ur chest stommach and upper thighs and triceps. major workout lol.
                      1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Just keep at it, don't do it for you, do it for your kids who need a healthy mommy!!! Best of luck!!!

*EDIT* Some advice. Nix the situps and do some cardio. Do you have a treadmill in your place? Do a brisk walk for about 30 mins to an hour a day. The salsa video is a good idea too

As far as food you seem to have it down. Just cut down on the carbs as much as possible!!! On weekends, try and eat nothing but meat. When I "cut" (burn what little fat I have for definition) I eat regular for 4 days and then cut down to basically no carbs for the other 3. It works!!!

Here's to good health! You have a long road ahead but if you keep at it you can do it....
                        Last edited by gloryaccordy; 11-19-2007, 09:04 PM.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO. I can not stress that enough to you. I run about 5 miles a day on the treadmill and I stay away from carbs as much as possible (less then 30) per day.

Ive lost 67lbs so far doing it like that. I also take an ephedrine/caffeine stack before teh gym, but yeah, don't worry about "fat burners" and such for a while. Good luck.
                          Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

watch wat u eat, drink ALOT OF water!!, just dont eat alot.

i used to work in a resturant (cook), and i ate alot! at one time i was at 228. since i left the job and working at my new place which gets you being active and not eatting alot LOL, im at 200!!!! that in 4 months yo!.

u can do it, just get in the right mindstate fo sho.

Comment

Low fat terryaki sauce does not mean it's good for you... Peep how much sodium is in it. You want things to not just be low in carbs/calories/sugar/sodium/fat... you want them to be well rounded and low in all of those categorys. Keep up the good work though nicole.
                              Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

well good for you! i need to start loosing some wieght i am getting married in 7 months and want to look good in my pics, 30-40 lbs and i think i would be okay. Im following a few ppls on heres advise, more water less food, eating yougurt (sp) for snakes and cardo at least 3 times a week, so far so good, but i have a long way to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X