Sharing the Classifeds Password...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing the Classifeds Password...

I should probably say this now... as it has come to my attention that this has been done (and may continue to be done).

If you are found sharing the Classifieds password on another forum, you will be permanently banned from this site.

People have been good about not sharing it on here, and the few that have done it have been banned pretty quickly, and the password has been changed. When it is done on another site, it may take a few days for someone to find it (and they WILL find it... I did.) In those few days, some people that don't have the sense to read the sticky (that is very clearly marked "READ THIS FIRST", as well as the forum description saying "READ THE STICKY FIRST) may find their way in. I'd like to think that someone who is clueless enough to NOT see the sticky would be a likely scam victim. Scammers are smart. They WILL get in if they really want to. The warning is there for the normal people... so they will be aware of that possibility. Someone who is too dense to see the sticky is probably too dense to protect themselves. They are better off NEVER getting into that forum!

Permanent ban to anyone who shares the password elsewhere. That's just downright sneaky. You're doing no favors for anyone. The people you're "helping" may very well get scammed.

So somebody squealed again. I noticed it was different and I thought it was a monthly routine.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I really wish that people would stop sharing the password cuz every time its changed it takes me like a week till I can get back into it again using firefox....and yes I do put in the new password....it just will leave me on the password screen for some reason.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

It's getting to be such.

The current offender was banned for 2 weeks. He doesn't seem to understand the importance of the password, and still insists that he was "helping out"...

If you want to "help out", direct people to the sticky. The password isn't important, it's what you have to read to GET the password that is.

When I tell people to read when the PM me, they think I'm being a dick. However, I'd rather have 100 people think I'm a total dick than 1 person lose their money because they thought this was a safe place to do business. If I have to ban good members to make my point known, I will. The new guy with 31 posts that buys something in the Classifieds is just as important to me as the guy who's been here since 2004. I don't want anyone to get scammed. If they do, I want them to do so while understanding that they took a risk, and they lost out.

Comment

Originally posted by King James
          I really wish that people would stop sharing the password cuz every time its changed it takes me like a week till I can get back into it again using firefox....and yes I do put in the new password....it just will leave me on the password screen for some reason.
          Clear your cookies.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            Clear your cookies.
            Im an idiot....thanks for the help deev

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Excuse my post please....

But some people are really freggin dumb. Its not so hard to read and comprehend. It even says "READ THIS FIRST!" in bold letter's.

Whats this people are even giving out the password on another forum? Are you that lazy and cant read!

-END RANT

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
              ----
              02 Pontiac Firebird W68
              92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

Originally posted by Frazzums
                Excuse my post please....

But some people are really freggin dumb. Its not so hard to read and comprehend. It even says "READ THIS FIRST!" in bold letter's.

Whats this people are even giving out the password on another forum? Are you that lazy and cant read!
                X2

Ignorance and spoon feeding.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

so ABC123 not the password anymore

Comment

ugh....that's filthy.
                    14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

lazy mofos
                      wat?

Comment

When I tell people to read when the PM me, they think I'm being a dick. However, I'd rather have 100 people think I'm a total dick than 1 person lose their money because they thought this was a safe place to do business. out.
                        Same thing happens when somebody, posts an answer to something covered in the sticky in the same forum. Then when you say it like it is common info people get all defensive.
                        Gary A.K.A. Carter
                        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

It's getting to be such.

The current offender was banned for 2 weeks. He doesn't seem to understand the importance of the password, and still insists that he was "helping out"...

If you want to "help out", direct people to the sticky. The password isn't important, it's what you have to read to GET the password that is.

When I tell people to read when the PM me, they think I'm being a dick. However, I'd rather have 100 people think I'm a total dick than 1 person lose their money because they thought this was a safe place to do business. If I have to ban good members to make my point known, I will. The new guy with 31 posts that buys something in the Classifieds is just as important to me as the guy who's been here since 2004. I don't want anyone to get scammed. If they do, I want them to do so while understanding that they took a risk, and they lost out.
                          Word.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                            Same thing happens when somebody, posts an answer to something covered in the sticky in the same forum. Then when you say it like it is common info people get all defensive.
                            At least then it's productive. If it's covered in the sticky... well... it should be read. However, if you repeat the info, it's more likely to be found later on when someone with half a brain decides to use the search.

I don't like spoon feeding people, but I'll gladly say the same thing over and over again, as long as the question is valid. I feel I'm a pretty decent judge of whether or not someone is too new to know what to look for, or too lazy to bother looking at all.

As for the member that shared the password... he felt he was being helpful to the members of the other forum. Rather than link them to a cb7tuner classifieds post and have them come back with "why do I need a password? what is it?" he just told them. I understand the reasoning... but it's just idiotic. "Help" someone from another forum, that has no idea what they're getting into, potentially get scammed here. "Oh, so-and-so recommended it, so it must be safe!" Naive fools will accept the word of a faceless screenname with such blind faith it's scary.

Comment

damn at least i gave it out on THIS site, people are now doing it on other site

now i dont feel so bad about what i did(barely).............
                              "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X