This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I eluded the police today successfully!

I successfully eluded the police today. I was passing one of my friends in a residential area going 70 in a 40. Right when I got to the top of the hill a town police cruiser was on the other side of the road. I was now in front of my buddy when I looked in my side mirror and noticed that the cruiser was turning around. This scared the living shit out of me! Without thinking I turned into a local business parking lot that was on a hill above the road and parked behind the building out of site.

As I was driving out of site I noticed that the police car drove right past without even noticing I was up there. I was relieved for a moment when I remembered that my friend could have also been pulled over and it made me fell like a bastard because I bailed on him. I went to my friends house where both of us where going to meet and he did not show up for about 5 or 10 min. Thankfully he took a back road which was the long way around town and did not even see the police.

I am safe at home now and it has been 3 or 4 hours since the incident. do you think I could still get pulled over? because I don't think that the police officer could have even read my license plate in time?
    Accords Rock!

My Ride!

The last thing I would be doing is posting on a message board about it.
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

youre clear.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

correction your clear just take a different route for a little bt if you commute in the area often out of sight out of mind.

Comment

If he saw your license plate and remembers it you're screwed. But I doubt he saw your plate according to your story.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

You COULD be stopped by the Police at anytime... UNLESS your story is lacking some details, like we were trespassing, driving reckless, speeding, and/or causing property damage, chances are you will not be stopped in relation to the incident you described. However if there was any illegal activity going on and it is a slow day or multiple reports of a speeding Accord were recieved there is a chance that you are being looked for.. Depends on all kinds of things how much effort will be put into tracking you down..

For instance if the Police Officer saw you driving recklessly, turned around and attempted to stop you and you failed to yield, the department could release an APB (All Points Bulliten) or an ATL (Attempt To Locate) to surrounding departments and agencies..

All that any Police officer needs to narrow down who you could be is a partial licence plate number (last 3 digits 770), license plate state (VA), partial vehicle description (early 90's Honda Accord, gray in color sedan), and partial driver description would really narrow it down (white male, early 20's, blonde hair)..

With just that little bit of information the Officer that you saw could release an APB/ATL or go one step further, and enter the information that he knows into the states vehicle registration listings computer and see if it can be narrowed down to an address.

More then likely unless you were doing something more then just speeding you are in the clear.. Later
            Last edited by MadSpleen85; 11-10-2007, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
              Kids nowadays gotta brag

Originally posted by cp[mike
              ]youre clear.
              lol

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
              If he saw your license plate and remembers it you're screwed. But I doubt he saw your plate according to your story.
              you never know he might be eagle eye lol.

Originally posted by tman888
              I successfully eluded the police today. I was passing one of my friends in a residential area going 70 in a 40.
              Thats just retarded...Why would you need to pass in a residential.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

hey spray paint your grille black and put in some altezza taillights, that'll throw him off..

edit: and take that plate off the front of your car.. I'm sure he saw that...
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                  why?
                  Another thing I never saw the police with his lights on so ....... technically I didn't do anything illegal.
                  Accords Rock!

My Ride!

Comment

why?
                    Another thing I never saw the police with his lights on so ....... technically I didn't do anything illegal.
                    70 in a 40 is illegal in all the states that I can think of, in some states 20 or more over the posted speed limit is considered and prosectued as reckless driving and in a few states any form of reckless driving is a felony.. Belive it or not Police cars do NOT have to be stopped or even moving in the same direction as you to clock your speed..

Comment

yeah man, dont brag. when i was a kid, (18-21) i outran about 7 or 8 drug charges. I was a lucky bastard, and a stupid one. I got kids now so i dont got time to outrun cops. I outran years upon years of charges. dont go talkin about it. thats the kinda shit you take to the grave. unless you think 5-10yrs is cool... Im so glad the was shit turned out the way it did. . All at once i had 2 kids, and i got a nice (fucked up, but to me nice) cb7. I though really hard about it, and now i spend my money on my kids and car. All im sayin is good job, but be carefull!

Comment

why?
                        technically you did EVERYTHING illegal.

speeding
                        reckless driving
                        reckless endangerment
                        resisting arrest
                        fleeing the scene of a crime
                        etc.

the lights being on doesnt mean anything.
                        -Mark-
                        CB7
                        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Don't get me wrong I don't mean to brag. I am sooooo lucky..... so far...... I wont be speeding like that ANY MORE! I know it was wrong, and in every way I deserved a ticket. I just thank the Lord I didn't get caught. I just needed to see if anyone knew If I was in the clear to calm my nerves!
                          Accords Rock!

My Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
                            Belive it or not Police cars do NOT have to be stopped or even moving in the same direction as you to clock your speed..

Very true....Ive gotten 2 tickets for speeding....both times the cops were going in the other direction and pulled a u-turn to get me.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
                              70 in a 40 is illegal in all the states that I can think of, in some states 20 or more over the posted speed limit is considered and prosectued as reckless driving and in a few states any form of reckless driving is a felony.. Belive it or not Police cars do NOT have to be stopped or even moving in the same direction as you to clock your speed..
                              25 over in tx you get to go to jail. If your lucky you get a hefty fine and soem other stuff.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X