How to press in/out hubs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to press in/out hubs?

Since nobody ever checks the Braking Performance board (except me ), is there any way I could press my front hubs in and out without going to a shop? I'm thinking of doing the rotor-over-hub conversions eventually so I'm collecting data where I can.

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
    2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

I've heard that you can do it, but it always seemed to be too much trouble to bother with. I took mine to a shop to get my new rotors put on, and they charged me an arm and a leg! And my mom is marrying the owner!!! Took em an hour longer than estimated to complete the job.

Comment

Yeah, shops have a funny way of screwing you over. I took my baby in today to get it aligned and have the camber kit put on (just been TOO busy to get to it and I NEEDED it aligned). They said 2 hours. It took them almost 5 FAWKING HOURS! I was a bit pissed.

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
      2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Comment

I hear that... I still have trouble sitting down from my swap labor experience... $500-$1000 estimate, $1750 actual! I NEED to get my second car drivable, and my driveway installed... Once I have both of those, I'll never need a shop again!

Comment

If you are doing the rotor over hub swap, i would suggest just picking up new bearings. But check the prices on the accord and the acura cl 2.3's. They are both the same number, same part, but if you buy them for the acura, they are more expensive. I did this swap a while ago, and am thankful since my new rotors are starting to warp, all i gotta do is 2 bolts and 2 screws to replace them now.

Comment

Working...
          X