Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today was a good day to be one of my cars... any of my cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today was a good day to be one of my cars... any of my cars.

The CB7 got a Moates Hulog datalogger hooked up to the P28 (actually hooked it up yesterday). I got everything going on the laptop today with Freelog. Haven't driven it yet, but it seemed to be recording properly at idle.
    I'll get the wideband hooked up soon as well. I won't be doing any serious tuning just yet, but I'll be able to record and get an idea of what my engine is doing. With MY data at my disposal, I'll be able to understand what I'm looking at a bit better than some hypothetical set of data.

The GTP got new ceramic Powerstop pads all around, and new Powerslot rotors in the rear. The front already has some drilled/slotted rotors that went on a few months ago. I just did the ghetto-resurface (sandpaper). The slotted and drilled rotors clean the pad off with each pass anyway, so a brief scuffing and a refresh of the pad as a slot passes over it should allow the pads to bed in nicely. uslspct came and helped. It would've been a total PITA without him!

After the brake work, we took Nick's Fit and went to PA to pick up a semi-built A20A for the hatchback That sucker was heavy! Hatch is going turbo

hells yeah man, thats awesome. cant wait to see some turbo hatchy goodness.
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

I think this is the most you've done in a while to eitehr cars! sucks its starting to get cold :-(. Your gonna have to show me how that datalogger works next time i stop by

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
      Frost White Member 13
      My Ride
      "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

what the hell is an A20?

thats not Carbed, is it?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

You put an engine in a Fit? Pics or ban, lol.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

I'm going to grab a B17 intake manifold from the guy (it was modified to fit), some DSM injectors (sonic cleaned), and probably a Koyo radiator and some sort of exhaust. He has a turbo manifold and downpipe, but he said he paid $500 for the two of them... I might not bother getting those. There's a guy on here that will hopefully soon have a Member Shop for fabrication, and I want to see if he can make me a good manifold that will allow me to retain AC. If I'm going to pay for a mani and downpipe, I don't want to shell out $500 or anywhere near that for a log!

Then I need to find an intercooler (not sure if I'm going front or side... the front bumper has less room than ours to fit a front mount), charge piping, and of course, a turbo

I'm also probably converting from OBD0 to OBD1 with the dizzy left over from my DX wreck. I'll find a P06 in a junkyard.

Comment

I did some searching and found that the A20A is for the 1988 Accord. I found a pic

LIke u said BOSSMAN its a huge motor

The Honda A-series engines succeeded the earlier EZ, ES, BS and ET engines in the Honda Accord and Prelude. Some of those engines were actually early A-series engines and parts between them may be cross-compatible. There were several variations, ranging from the 1.6 liter A16A to the 2.0 liter A20A. All A-series engines have iron blocks with single overhead camshaft aluminum heads and are the last iron blocked engine produced by Honda. They came in both carbed and fuel injected configurations.

Although they don't have VTEC, the A-series engines were well-designed engines. Analysis of the head construction has showed that Honda was using valve geometry and technology several years ahead of their time. Also, the later model of the A20A3 & A20A4 benefitted from the addition of a dual-stage runner intake manifold design, 4-2-1 headers, and a more electronic form of the vacuum advanced distributor. The Programmed fuel injection engines were equipped with partial OBD-0 engine computers.

The aftermarket for the Accord and Prelude A series engine has died out. Below is a list of some previous backers.

GUDE: Head package, Header, Cam Grind
              DC SPORTS: Stainless Cat-back, 4-2-1 Header
              PAECO: Full Engine Build, Header
              S&S: 4-1 Header
              PACESETTER: 4-2-1 Header
              HOTBITS: 4-2-1 Header
              LIGHTSPEED: 4-2-1 Header
              MOSSELMAN: Log Turbo Manifold

Most upgrades and modifications to the A-series engines are of the DIY variety, with one of the more popular being a turbo set-up. Because of their closed-deck iron block design, they're especially well-suited for handling boost. A VTEC version of the A-series engine was never produced, so swaps akin to an LS/VTEC or "mini-me" aren't doable because no VTEC head bolts to the A-series block. However there has been attempts to bolt DOHC heads to the A-Series which are not at all as easy as bolt and go, holes are not perfectly aligned nor does the cam and crank sprocket have the correct diameters.

A-Series Engines

[edit] A16A1
              The A16A1 was a carburated 1.6 liter engine used in 1986-1989 Accords in the non-USDM market. This engine was known as the EZ in 1984 and 1985, non-US Accords.

Specifications

Carbeurated
              Displacement: 1596 cm³
              Bore: 80 mm
              Stroke: 79.5 mm
              Power:
              88 hp @ 6000 rpm
              91 ft·lbf torque @ 3500 rpm

[edit] A18A
              The A18A engine was the 1.8 liter engine found in 1984-1987 Honda Prelude in the US. Abroad, it was also available in the 1986-1989 Accords. It was known as the ET1 in the 1984 and 1985 non-US Accords.

Specifications

Carbeurated
              Displacement: 1829 cm³
              Bore:
              Stroke:
              Power:
              110 hp @ 5800 rpm
              112 ft·lbf @ 3500 rpm

[edit] A20A
              The A20A is probably the most plentiful of all the Honda A-series engines. It was available in both carbeurated and PGM-FI versions. They were found in both Accords and Preludes throughout the 1980s.

[edit] A20A1 & A20A2
              The A20A1 and A20A2 were the carbeurated versions of the A20A engines. It was available in the 1984-1987 Honda Preludes as well as the 1982-1989 Accord DX and LX. They are the same engine, the only difference between them being that the A20A2 has no emissions components, so it has a slightly higher power output (hp and tq numbers for A20A1 only).

Specifications

Exhaust: 4-1 Cast Manifold
              Induction: Carbureted 2bbl Keihin ( Feedback Carb )
              Displacement: 1955 cc / 119 CID
              Bore:
              Stroke:
              Power:
              98 hp
              109 ft·lbf at 3500 rpm

[edit] A20A3 & A20A4
              The A20A3 and A20A4 were the fuel injected versions of the A20A engines. They were run by Honda's PGM-FI system on a partial OBD-0 computer. Again, there is no real difference between the A20A3 and the A20A4 besides the A20A4 having a slightly higher power output because of not having emissions components (hp and tq numbers for A20A3 only). The A20A3 was offered in the 1984-1987 Honda Prelude 2.0Si, the 1989 Honda Accord SE-i, and the 1986-1989 Honda Accord LX-i.

Specifications

PGM-FI
              Displacement: 1956 cm³
              Bore:
              Stroke:
              Power:
              1986-1987: 110 hp @ 5500 rpm & 114 ft·lbf @ 4500 rpm
              1988-1989: 120 hp @ 5500 rpm & 122 ft·lbf @ 4000 rpm (12 valve)
              Last edited by F20A CB7; 11-04-2007, 07:46 PM.
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

You are correct, sir.

It's the 3rd generation Accord motor (well, one of them... they had A18s as well). It was called the BT in the earlier models (and even in the 2nd gen), but it's pretty much the same motor. The motor in there now is a BT, and I think this one is stamped A20A.

Anyway, they came carbed and fuel injected (FI in the LX-i and SE-i). I have the FI version. I don't know what to do with carbs, and I don't think anyone has made any considerable power with the carb'd A20A anyway.

The head is 12 valve. Doesn't flow all that well, but it's not garbage. It'll be good with turbo Iron block, so that's strong as balls. The pistons are from a carb'd motor, so they're lower compression (don't know exactly what the compression is... going on the word of the guy that sold it to me... hopefully that won't prove to be a mistake, as it's built already) It also has ARP headstuds. Stock, it makes 120hp. The low compression will make it slower at first, until the snail makes it's home in front of the motor. The B17 manifold should be pretty neat.

I'll also soon have 3 transmissions... one will have to be good

The body doesn't have any rust, though the paint is pathetic. I might try the $50 paintjob on it... if it sucks, I'll just strip it down again and pay for a maaco job I'm trying to get the horrid tint off of the windows.

It's funny. The one car that didnt' actually get touched today is the one I'm most excited about The datalogging stuff is pretty rad though. Can't wait to rip around in the car with it hooked up to see what I get.

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                  You put an engine in a Fit? Pics or ban, lol.
                  That fit had TWO engines in it for about 45 minutes! 1.5L up front and 2.0L in the back

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    That fit had TWO engines in it for about 45 minutes! 1.5L up front and 2.0L in the back
                    AWd Fittah!!

Looks like u got the balls rollin Deev

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                    Honda Accord Euro-R
                    Honda Odyssey Absolute
                    Honda City I-DSi
                    Honda Stream

Comment

I am on the ball. And it is rolling. All of my balls. I am on my balls... and rolling them.

Comment

You are correct, sir.

It's the 3rd generation Accord motor (well, one of them... they had A18s as well). It was called the BT in the earlier models (and even in the 2nd gen), but it's pretty much the same motor. The motor in there now is a BT, and I think this one is stamped A20A.

Anyway, they came carbed and fuel injected (FI in the LX-i and SE-i). I have the FI version. I don't know what to do with carbs, and I don't think anyone has made any considerable power with the carb'd A20A anyway.

The head is 12 valve. Doesn't flow all that well, but it's not garbage. It'll be good with turbo Iron block, so that's strong as balls. The pistons are from a carb'd motor, so they're lower compression (don't know exactly what the compression is... going on the word of the guy that sold it to me... hopefully that won't prove to be a mistake, as it's built already) It also has ARP headstuds. Stock, it makes 120hp. The low compression will make it slower at first, until the snail makes it's home in front of the motor. The B17 manifold should be pretty neat.

I'll also soon have 3 transmissions... one will have to be good

The body doesn't have any rust, though the paint is pathetic. I might try the $50 paintjob on it... if it sucks, I'll just strip it down again and pay for a maaco job I'm trying to get the horrid tint off of the windows.

It's funny. The one car that didnt' actually get touched today is the one I'm most excited about The datalogging stuff is pretty rad though. Can't wait to rip around in the car with it hooked up to see what I get.
                        9.1:1 for carbed pistons vs 9.3:1 for EFI pistons.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I am on the ball. And it is rolling. All of my balls. I am on my balls... and rolling them.
                          OMG that made me laugh.

Deev, im throwing a meet on the 25th. Heres the thread.
                          Click Here

Make sure you tell ulspect about it. I havent seen him post up anywhere recently.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Yeah, he's still getting used to living real-people hours with his day job. He works with the Fit, so he's putting most of his time into that lately. The CB7 is still going to be a beast, just a little dusty at the moment I tried to drag him to the last meet, but it didn't work (ok, I said "are you going? you should go!")

Scott, thanks for the specs. I didn't realize it was still in the 9s! Didn't look into it, either... bought the motor because it was rebuilt first, boostable second. Still, 9.1:1 should be decent NA, and then safe enough to boost. I'll probably find myself a good turbo this time around, and not some used DSM POS.

Comment

+

=

Comment

Working...
                              X