Looking into a truck, need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking into a truck, need advice

Hey guys, I'm looking into buying a small truck to get me from point a to point b and tow my civic around. My buddy is selling a 94 nissan pickup ext cab for $750 (to me only) safety'd and etested.

2.4L sohc ka24, 395000km on the body and around 250000km on the body comes with a cap (thing to make it look like an suv goes on the bed)

I don't know much about trucks so I was just wondering what everyones input is.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

how does the body look?
    any pictures?
    if you're looking for a truck to get you from point a to point b, then it should be fine.

now, as far as towing another car, on a trailor?
    i'm not 100% sure, but it should be completely fine.

Comment

nissans are fairly reliable.....make sure it doesn't knock....most likely you'll hear valve tapping.

4x4?

It seems like a good price. I wanna see pics of engine and body.
      14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Toyota Hilux or the North American version, Toyota Tacoma Seriously Durable.

Video Link

DEVOTE

Comment

What year nissan? I am taking this is the boxy shaped ones? My friends dad had a 5 speed. It was pretty reliable other than it eating gas like a mofo. Old silverados are pretty nice IMO and cheap.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

4 cylinder for towing?

id recommend at the least... a v6 or a diesel.
            the older nissans were okay but you'd be better off with a toyota T100, tundra

or if you want to get raped on mileage the older chevy's.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Yeah, get an old chevy pickup like nail said. The parts for them are cheap as HELL, and they're easy to work on.

Comment

yeah I havn't seen the pictures yet, It'll be towing 2000lbs which is like nothing.

It's black with a white cap, 94 nissan "frontier" aka nissan pickup

Comment

except you dont want something to have too much stress on it otherwise it will go kaboom on you halfway across the country or where ever you are towing this civic.
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

You're not going to be able to tow a car with a smaller pickup. The gross towing's probably what the trailer is.

I'm looking for a 4wd Toyota to bomb around in, but i doubt it'd tow more than the Jet Ski I'm hoping to buy.

Comment

The farthest I would be towing the civic is an hour drive, and my friend who's selling it who is also a mechanic says it should be able to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fr0z3N
                        The farthest I would be towing the civic is an hour drive, and my friend who's selling it who is also a mechanic says it should be able to do it.
                        thats because he wants to make the sell and replace the blown engine
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

From my personal exp with 4 banger trucks, not good for towing but great for hauling things in the bed with a weight limit of like 600lbs.

If it was hauling the car like on a 10 minute drive I could see it being done but an hour away for that high of a millage motor I'd be sweating.
                          Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

I agree with the other posts as far as towing...4 cylinders wouldn't cut it IMO...even if you are just towing a civic. 2300lbs of added weight is definitely not "nothing" for a 4-cylinder, especially one with a lot of miles on it. I'd be looking for a V6 at least, if you want to tow a car.
                            Last edited by cjv998; 11-02-2007, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Personally if its not going to be a daily driver and just a when you need to haul shit kinda truck then I'd spring for the V8.
                              Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

Working...
                              X