Neat biodiesel article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neat biodiesel article

Its pretty cool... I dont know how much I believe, but I'll leave that up to you guys.
    the article
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

do i smell a diesel cb7 in the making? .. oh no that's just french fries.. lol

That Goodwin guy is a badass!!
    -:¦:-
    Originally posted by wed3k
    i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

"Think about it: a 5,000-pound vehicle that gets 60 miles to the gallon and does zero to 60 in five seconds!"

I've been dying to do a biodiesel conversion to something. Thought about it for my 86 Accord, almost bought a Jetta TDi... If I ever do it, it'll probably be to an old MB.

Comment

an old MB?
        My Car

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley
          an old MB?
          $0.25

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
            $0.25
            $20.00

Comment

but wtf is an old MB?
              My Car

Comment

Merc.
                To-Do List for Today
                Be Awesome

Comment

ah right :P
                  My Car

Comment

"Good ol' American know-how and ingenuity is alive and well, just not where we need it."

This is so true... I am going to school for mechanical engineering and many of the people i am in school with cant apply engineering to life. i learned like many on here about my car from forums such as this and others and from days of reading from about 10th grade till my senior year i had learned how to rebuild a whole car and then i learned how to make them better, so as i was going through classes i could slowly see WHY each uprgrade made the car better.

I tried to talk to one of my proffs about turbo apps. and cascade turbo systems... which is adapted from the refrigeration cycle. the proff was amazed that i could "understand" thermodynamics II enough to be on that level.... it ends up i saw the concept 3 months later at the detroit auto show, under BMW's new turbo system display...

it had nothing to do with my understanding but just i knew about cars and saw something that i could use...

this is a really long rant i guess but i just read that article and saw a really good point.
                    im one of like 6 people in my level that has real world understanding the other 40 are just people that can tell you if something will break by doing alot of math...
                    Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

There are some people that can use the tools education gives them and actually apply it. Engineering is an art, to a point. Without creativity and a mastery of the tools (knowledge), it's pointless to even learn it. It's situations like this that show the true potential of some engineers.

Comment

Working...
                      X