How well do you know your neighbors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How well do you know your neighbors?

With today being Halloween, I figured what better time to get to know your neighbors a little better..

Yesterday during one of my classes, we were talking about sex offenders. As a class we started searching different zip codes that different students live in.. The guy sitting next to me said his, the instructor typed it into the database. Turns out his next door neighbor that just moved in two days ago is a registered sex offender. Next words out of his mouth were, "Good thing we looked at this because I was planning on taking my kids trick-or-treating over there if his light was on."

So how well do you really know your neighbors or the area where you and/or your children will be trick-or-treating tonight?

Most states have their own searchable database of sex offenders, which you can find your state's by searching google for it or you can use the US Justice Department's which you can find HERE

Some states list this information on their Highway Patrol's website.. Missouri, for example goes as far as to tell/show you the following; Picture, full home/work address, vehicles/license plate numbers, offenses, scars/marks/tattoos, alias information and any relese conditions/dates. It really varys by state..

Just figured today was the perfect day to get to know or at least be somewhat familiar with your neighbors.. Later

My neighbors are middle age couples with kids in elementary school. They watched after the house when it was getting rebuilt last year so they're pretty cool. Plus the guy next door is funny as hell when he talks about the random shit he sees at wal-mart.
    [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

My neighbor to the left is a auto shop that closes at 5 so i think im good there
      My neighbor to the right is a single lady about 45 years old and goes to church like 3 times a week....So Im a little worried about her...but ill give her the benefit of the doubt

The rest of my neighbor hood is nice....but with the odd crack house thrown in there just to mix it up a bit i guess.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

My neighbor hood is strange I have 2 college kids next door who drink alot and a cool middle age dude next door who smokes bud.

but uhh yeah watch out for sex offenders the free candy isnt worth it kids

Comment

ive seen all my neighbors out and about and theyre all either older couples, ppl with kids of their own. Nobody really looks like a "sex offender" i know i know, you cant tell by looking, but most of them have kids or have no problems being around kids. Plus, in MO, theres a law that requires all registered S/O's keep all INT and EXT lights off between, i think 6pm and like 12am....dont quote me though. Local news said that local police would be visiting every registered offender in town to make sure they are abiding, so no worries here

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I dont like my neighborhood. Everyone is too good or too stuck up to talk to you.

Plus my next-door neighbor yelled at my parents for letting my drive their car up n down the street. After that they wouldnt let me. That Bitch.

But wait, everyone puts on the fake BS, Wave "how are you doing?", xcept my bitchy next door neighbor.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
              Local news said that local police would be visiting every registered offender in town to make sure they are abiding, so no worries here
              You going trick-or-treating Mike? lol

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                ive seen all my neighbors out and about and theyre all either older couples, ppl with kids of their own. Nobody really looks like a "sex offender" i know i know, you cant tell by looking, but most of them have kids or have no problems being around kids. Plus, in MO, theres a law that requires all registered S/O's keep all INT and EXT lights off between, i think 6pm and like 12am....dont quote me though. Local news said that local police would be visiting every registered offender in town to make sure they are abiding, so no worries here
                your typical sex offender can look like the average joe or jane. for example the priest's and their scandal. who would know a person that is so close to GOD would do such a thing?
                So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

No

i never said that..

as i said in the costume thread....nobody hands out candy to a 6ft, 270lb 23 yr old dude

I just know thats how columbia is tackling the whole thing. But since i couldnt buy any candy this year, i wont be handing any out, so my light will be off, but ill have to leave my inside lights on so no one thinks im a pedo...cuz im not. You can look it up.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

My neighbor up the street looks like a sex offender. I may ask if he is one.

why does Michael Jackson love halloween?

Free delivery!!!

Comment

There's one near my house.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Jeez shadow...way to kill the thread....

I dont know if theyre are any near me, cuz dont they cast them out away from schools an stuff? Well, im kinda out in the sticks and the nearest school is like 3 or 4 miles away so...

I had my inside ligfhts on, butmy outside light off and i still got a group or 2 of kids coming to the door. I didnt answer it, but it was funny to listen to all the parents tell them not to go to my door...now i feel kinda creepy....egh.

Comment

Theres a pedo right down the street from me
                          wat?

Comment

It's scary. You expect these people to be greasy, creepy, obvious weirdos... but that's so rarely the case. I knew a guy for years that just recently got convicted of molesting two young kids (a boy and a girl, I think). He was the coolest guy, always nice, never creepy. It still saddens me... even though he deserves whatever he gets, I hate to see a guy that I always thought well of doomed to a life of misery.

The best lists are the ones that say what someone did. A drunken semi-consensual romp at a frat party that turns out to be rape in hindsight is considerably different from molesting children. It's still a sex offense, but the drunken frat guy is much less of a threat to your children than Mr Herbert down the street eyeing the paperboy! If the list doesn't say what someone does, assume the worst... but don't treat them like a pedophile... they may have just made a mistake (or even been wrongly convicted).

Comment

Yeah. theres a national list soemwhere, i think. i know most states have it on their .gov or state pages. i saw a thing on MTV where a kid pulled a senior prank of streaking during a football game and they almost smacked him with a sex offender crime. Now thats, fucked up. Streaking gets you on "the list"...damn.

But, yeah, i think the old cliche of them being greasy and creepy is just that. some are kinda creepy and have that dimeanor[sp?] about them, but some are just normal looking ppl.

Comment

Working...
                              X