Whats Up with the Heater Knobs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats Up with the Heater Knobs?

Why is everyone looking for frieken heater knobs? Everywhere i turn on this forum, someone is trying to cop some heater knobs.

OK, so obviously they break like your door handles, but how? and where?

Like I dunno, I have/had the biggest POS cb7, and nothing broke...........like evar. When i first discovered this site, i found out about all these problems. I didnt even kno the cb7 had problems.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Strong people break heater knobs.

Comment

Originally posted by head4life
      like chuck norris? .. lol

anyways.

heater knobs break usually when it's used alot.. if u live in a nice temperate place where majority of the time ur knob is left alone it's not gonna wear down. Generally the knob breaks at where the plastic part(behind the knob) meets the metal part(in the dash) it's a pretty weak design, imo.

heater knobs break easily.. and so do the door handles just to remind u
      -:¦:-
      Originally posted by wed3k
      i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Yeah. I need a new heater knob AND door handle. Im getting AW's handles. I should ask him the throw a knob in the box and Ill give him like 5 more bucks. Its annoying as hell to use pliers.
        -Mark-
        CB7
        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Heater knobs break on the spindle - over time the plastic cracks, and you can't turn the metal control portion with the broken plastic knob. However, as recently as last year, you could still buy replacements at the dealer for about $5 each, which I suppose may no longer be the case.

Comment

i live in new england and i dont touch the heat or a/c or anything. and i go easy on my doors

Comment

Cause its made out of plastic...
              "form follows function."
              Louis Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by head4life
                I guess im weak

I only touch the heater knobs i nthe mornings to change from hot to cold so the car warms up faster, other than that ill change it, but i never go like half, im always COLD or HOT

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

for sure, plus you cant find them at the junk yard because they are so easy to pocket.

if they started searching people's pockets id probably be in jail right now.

cargo pants >
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I need one!!

Wes go hook me up!
                    93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

Actually its not really the knob's fault. Its the stiffness of the cable or whatever that puts to much strain on the knob.

My swap thread
                      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

nicely said... this is a FACT!
                        93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

yeah well my whole adjusting part broke, that's no fun to fix lol. i think i paid like 400 at the dealer. so i guess i'm hulk hogan lol.

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I think mine broke years ago. A little epoxy fixed it right up.

Comment

mines never broke.

but when I had bought the car it came with broken handles...

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                              X