When Was Your First Time...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Was Your First Time...?

Driving a cb? Oh what dirty little minds you have. I was talking to Shadow1 via pm and it got me to thinkin about my very first drive of a cb7.

I'll get the ball rollin'.

I remember like it was yesterday. It was Wednesday July 25, 1990.

My brother, a mechanic at Montgomery Wards at the time had bought his first brand new car and it was a Hampshire green 90 EX. It had a <10 miles on the odo when he picked it up from the dealer and he was very . He even picked me up from my evening shift at the Census Bureau and let me pilot that baby home. I fell in love on that night and whooda thunk that I'd have my own Hampshire green 91 EX and be exchanging thoughts/ideas/info with some of the coolest and most knowlegeable folks on the planet some 17 years later.

I remember this so well because 3 days later on Saturday July 28, 1990 that same car was hit by a lady making a blind left turn behind a big truck and spent more than 3 months at the dealer being repaired with my brother injured but suing her and winning a nice settlement.

With that said, when was your first time driving a cb?
    "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
    ><((((º>

i actually remember the exact date too. it was September 23rd, 2006. a day after i bought it. and i wasn't really driving it that much, i was just kind of stalling it . (i didn't know how to drive standard yet.)
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

back in 1998, when i was 14 lol.

had to learn to work the clutch on the F18a. didnt even stall her!

reversed out of the driveway, got into 1st and stalled. hahaha

but it was great.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
      Honda Accord Euro-R
      Honda Odyssey Absolute
      Honda City I-DSi
      Honda Stream

Comment

My dad and I just picked it up from the dealer....I had no idea how to drive standard so we pulled off into a school parking lot and I tried to drive....After two failed attempts I got pissed and he laughed.....laughed a little more then took over

My first real time though was just after I got the basics down on driving standard....My dad and I drove around his old neighbourhood (very little traffic ftw) for like 6 hours till I perfected standard....Best day ever.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

This wasnt my first time but its my most vivid memory of driving it right after I got it...

I was driving with my dad again and we were right by my house....Theres this 4-way stop and I was like fuck....Stopped....Stalled....Stalled....Stalled again....Stalled again....Stalled probably 2 more times

At this point there was like 6 cars behind me honking and yelling...but all I really rmember was directly behind me was a dark purple early 90s cavalier with 4 guys around my age just fucking laughing.....The worst part was I got so frusterated I just gave up and walked home lol....My dad was pissed at me.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

The 1st time i DROVE a CB7 was in April of 2003.

There she was in 4 diff primered colors on her, sittin there, and i found them primer colors to b the sexiest thing i ever seen.

I was with my home boi dennis, when i got behind the wheel i didnt no to much about stick, and i stalled like 3 times. The lady who sold it was kinda cute. B4 i drove it and she sounded really good. Intake and muffler on car. I was like ill take it. Jus cuz it sounded good. lol But lil did i no wat i was gettin into.

and WHAT I was gettin myself into was havin a great car. couldnt b more happy with her. 2 swaps later and a rear main seal. Runnin pretty dam good.
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

first time i drove one was about 4 years ago in highschool when i was like 16...it was a 91 auto dx.
              My Members Ride Thread

Comment

I was 12 years old. Sometime in 2001, my dad put me in the driver's seat of his old '90 EX Auto, and told me to drive around the neighborhood.

6 years later I own a '93 LX manual and drive it everyday.
                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

At 20. I was back home in Jamaica that a family friend had I brought back from Miami. Both parents started owning when Accords were introduced.

Loved them ever since.
                  RETIRED...

Comment

Originally posted by new_beginnings
                    Loved them ever since.
                    Werd. On my list of all-time favorite cars!
                    "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                    ><((((º>

Comment

April 5th, 2001. It was a few days after the electrical system called it quits in my 93 Cavalier wagon (which was, until I got my GTP, still the newest car I'd ever owned! ) I had the Cavalier for 3 months. It had 160k on the clock, and was used as a work vehicle for an electrical contracting company. I kinda liked it. I still like wagons because of that thing! Still, 3 months after buying it, it just died. Apparently something in the electrical system self-destructed (I didn't ask, as I didn't know anything about cars at the time) and it wasn't worth fixing. It was a $300 car anyway!

So, I spent a few days riding my bike (not fun when my job was 9 miles away on busy roads!) My stepfather owns a Chrysler dealership, and he took me down there to find something reliable. I had no money, but he was willing to loan me about $3500 for a car. My options were: 1995 Stratus, 1995 Camry, 1992 Accord. The Camry was nice, but a little more money. That was my first choice. My girlfriend's parents had just gotten one of the same model, and they loved it. The Stratus was my second choice, because it looked rather sporty, and I had recently driven one and liked it. The Accord had faded paint, a worn interior, and a manual transmission (which I believed to be primitive and frightening at the time). The Accord looked old. I didn't like it. At all.

My stepfather, apparently, had made up my mind for me. I liked the other two, but he STRONGLY recommended the Honda, since it'd be the most reliable. So, my choice of 3 became a choice of one. Decisions, decisions... So I 'picked' the Accord My girlfriend had a Civic at the time, and it treated her right, so I figured... eh, might as well.

So, I learned how to drive stick right there in the parking lot. I must say, my stepfather wasn't the greatest teacher! He tried, and he got me good enough to get it home... but I would shift through the gears to 5th as fast as possible! It took me about a month to really get comfortable with it. I had to imagine how things worked and figure out what I was actually doing with the clutch. Once I knew what the clutch did and how things worked, I could operate the vehicle much better!

In time, I thought "I have a Honda... might as well do what people do to Hondas, right?" So I started shopping for a wing and some big rims. I had a bid on some 18" Focal F5 rims (chrome), and even had my girl at home sniping them for me on ebay while I was at work. Thankfully, I lost that auction! Even better, I never did buy a wing!
                      I then found HondaHookUp.com, where I learned about performance. My first car was a turbo Dodge Shadow (140 whopping horsepower of turbo goodness!), so I thought it would be cool to make the Accord turbo. I asked a few questions, and found out how dumb I really was! In my searching, I learned about the H22, and how straightforward the swap was. So, when my transmission started failing, I figured it was time to swap! I had been saving for months, and I borrowed the rest from my mom to get it done before the transmission totally quit. I paid a chunk for a full swap (still have a ton of parts I'll never need), and then paid almost as much to have the damn thing put in! HondaHookUp.com is not exactly populated with technical masters, and they all told me it was too hard to do it myself... being the noob that I was, I believed it. If only cb7tuner was around at that time!

So I got the swap done in 2 weeks, got an AEM intake because the stock stuff doesn't fit, and ran my stock exhaust until it blew off... then replaced it with my current muffler shop special. Once the H22 was in, it was all over. Once CB7tuner appeared, I was hooked on the chassis for life.

Then I bought my house. Did that slow me down? NO WAY! I've since gotten 2 sets of rims, 2 paintjobs (with rust repair... about to get a third), 2 suspensions, slotted and drilled Brembo brakes, a UR crank pulley, a CF hood, a CF trunk, a new clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel, 2 H22 heads, an H22 block, HIDs in JDM one pieces, and 2 more Accords to play with. (there's more, but I doubt people will read this far in anyway!)

So, that's my car to this point The first time I drove it, I hated it. The first month I owned it, I hated it. I really didn't like driving it until I got the H22. I didn't really like the chassis until I came here!

Comment

1997. My dad had bought and fixed (bought totaled) a 91 lx 4-door 5-speed. He drove it around for a bit before he gave me a chance to drive it. I didn't drive it far, I was only 11. But I fell in love with the car. Keep in mind, I had learned to drive on a Zhiguli Kopeika (a.k.a Lada a.k.a VAZ-2101 - look it up, it's a Russianized Fiat 124). Who knew that ten years down the road, I'd be driving that same Accord. Bought it from my dad on my 16th birthday (when he moved on to a 5th gen, and then later to a 6th gen).
                        Right now I'm not as much driving it as fixing it. I switched to a new daily driver (my 02 wrx wagon), so the Accord, at 306,000 miles, is relegated to racing duty. This means that all of those little things that are wrong with the car, like the fading and chipped paint on the bumpers, the fact that the 90-91 internal ignition coil keeps getting overheated by the engine and dying, all of those little engine oil leaks, and cancer on the rear quarter-panels, things that I would otherwise have to take my car out of commission for a bit to fix, get to be taken care of. Winter is for prep, repairs, and installation of new parts. Spring is for AutoX.
                        Expect chaos.

91 Accord - AutoX beast
                        04 Yamaha R6 - Knee Dragger
                        02 Subaru WRX wagon - Rally slut - DD
                        85 RX7 - Resurrected Rotary #1
                        75 Suzuki RE5 - Resurrected Rotary #2

Comment

it was in 2004. i had just turned 18, got my settlement from a accident i got in and was looking for a car. throughout the 2 years i waited to get my settlement(the lawyer thought b/c it was my case he was going to wait until i turned 18 so he could get me to go after more money, so the greddy bastard would have more money in his pocket.). i found my 1st cb. it was a '91 EX. had a nice CD player in it along with speakers and it was clean. before i even got that car i had bought parts for it(good thing the CF paintable taillights i got were for a '93 and not a '91. them things were UGLY!!!!) and a short ram intake from Injen. i loved the SMELL of that intake sitting in the box.

before i joined this site i didnt know the '93 intake would fit on the '91, so i let it sit in the box for a couple of months. tried to sell it. then one day i was like forget this. so my and my cusin went outside and it fit perfectly. i ran all over the place with that car. changed the oil about 1ooo miles before i was supposed to. Bosch Platinum 4 spark plugs. then i ended up getting some Altezza taillights.

i moved up to Maryland a few months after that. got a job a Frederick Nissan as a detailer. i waxed my car one day and that thing STAYED shinny for like 3 weeks. wow. then came the exhaust. loved the sound. then one day on the way back from NC, oil light came on. so i put more oil in it thinking i didnt put enough in. got about an hour away from my dads and heard grinding from the front and saw smoke. pulled over and the motor was dead.

got a JDM f22a put in and put nothing but Mobile 1 Synthetic in it. ran it every day. lol. then one day coming home form the junk yard, hit the back of a '05 Silverado. no insurance on my car. it was done. *sigh*. parked it at my brothers house so i could come get it later and found out someone stole the exhaust. said to say, i left a perfectly good motor there. wishi i woul have had the knowlegde back then that i do now

Comment

Ahh my first cb was purchased 9/22/01...it was a midnight blue LX and 3mths later my stupid brother wrecked it..
                            accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                            ....................My New Baby
                            SOLD TO
                            ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

haha
                              i was 16 in 10 grade. now i'm 25.
                              damn almost 10 years ago

my friend just got it. it had to be like 1995
                              it was a blue ex with 2 10's in the trunk.
                              it shook like crazy. lol

got flooded during a hurrican messed up the ecu.

wow memories lol
                              FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
                              My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

Working...
                              X