buying motors online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buying motors online

anyone up here know where to get a good JDM or USDM f22a6 for a good price online? i mean like a low mileage one. i looked on hsmotorsports.com but to no avail. and i WOULD try jdmtigerjapanese.com but id rather not spend $700 on them and they screw me over by sending me a motor thats missing a piston or an injector.

so pay for one out of a 92-93 ex and rebuild it yourself?
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

junkyard.....?
      14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro
        junkyard.....?

getting one from a junkyard is a hit or miss. most of all with junkyards in this area a miss. lol. and they charge for a used one with 120K on it as much as these online companies charge for a JDM one with 30-40K. we dont have any pick and oulls here in NC.

and rebuilding it down here would cost more than just buying one off the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
          getting one from a junkyard is a hit or miss. most of all with junkyards in this area a miss. lol. and they charge for a used one with 120K on it as much as these online companies charge for a JDM one with 30-40K. we dont have any pick and oulls here in NC.

and rebuilding it down here would cost more than just buying one off the net.
          except you dont know the previous condition of a JDM motor. it is all a risk if you ask me.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I say rebuild. If you shop smart, you can have a practically new engine for whatever you're going to pay for a used one. Most USDM recyclers will sell junkyard engines anyway... so all you're doing there is paying them to find it for you.

Another option is to keep an eye out on here for someone who just did a swap. There are plenty.

Comment

Whats your budget cause you can get something dohc for a decent price maybe not vtec but at least dohc

I think like $800 gets you the dohc f22

Comment

thanx wed3k and Deev. i may end up rebuilding. but i dont have the time to rebuild. only the time to drop in and hook up. i didnt work when my girl did then i wouldnt mind rebuilding. it would give me something to do. andi bet it would be fun. but i dont know all that stuff about rehoning the cylinders and all of that.

Originally posted by Chrisisiced
                Whats your budget cause you can get something dohc for a decent price maybe not vtec but at least dohc

I think like $800 gets you the dohc f22

and ive been thinking about that. i would go DOHC( vtec or non) but i want to stick with the f22a for a lil bit. i want to see what im can do with that. i like to do research before i do anything big with my car. ie: motor swaps, nitrous, or boost. but ill think about the DOHC swap tho. it seems very tempting to have a h23 or h22 under the hood lol.

but i wont be working with much tho. for right now i just need another motor so i can get rid of this PITA motor i have under the hood. its a f22a1 and its slow. i want f22a6. lol.

Comment

Is your A1 in good shape? If so, just get the F22A6 parts. The most complicated thing to swap over is the camshaft. Everything else is a simple bolt-on. There's nothing inside the F22A6 that makes it any different from the F22A1. The valve springs are slightly different, but you'll NEVER notice that.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    Is your A1 in good shape? If so, just get the F22A6 parts. The most complicated thing to swap over is the camshaft. Everything else is a simple bolt-on. There's nothing inside the F22A6 that makes it any different from the F22A1. The valve springs are slightly different, but you'll NEVER notice that.

lol. but my f22a1 is FAR from good shape. it has about 180K on the clock and i got oil leaks everwhere, my oil looked like light brown coffie( i mean coffie with a LOT of creamer), i have a coolant leak going to somewhere( i think thats why my oil looked why it did, so i think my head gasket is blown.), and it would be too much trouble to replace all of that, the timing belt, seals, and gaskets. by the time i finish replacing all of that crap then it would be the cost of a new motor. lol

Comment

If u want good chit you gotta spend good $$$. Unless you know someone.I have one of the best CB7s on the road mechanically. Body and interior wise , but my car is bone stock and close to perfect underneath the filth. Didn't get it that way though. Original engine was junk and the tranny blew. Young and dumb with a lot of money, I got screwed. Anywho.

I got my engine from japan direct 2 years ago with only 30k. It was $900 shipped. Literally a perfect engine. Felt brand new(still does) when it was installed. Really quiet. 2 years later no oil leaks(exceot for that stupid ass VCG I replaced), no oil burning, compression is the exact same across all cylinders from when i got it. Of course that is more than likely due to my religious maintaince.

http://www.usedengines.com/

^ call them. 6 month warranty on long blocks.
                      Last edited by Fake Thug; 10-19-2007, 02:21 PM.

Comment

lol. but my f22a1 is FAR from good shape. it has about 180K on the clock and i got oil leaks everwhere, my oil looked like light brown coffie( i mean coffie with a LOT of creamer), i have a coolant leak going to somewhere( i think thats why my oil looked why it did, so i think my head gasket is blown.), and it would be too much trouble to replace all of that, the timing belt, seals, and gaskets. by the time i finish replacing all of that crap then it would be the cost of a new motor. lol
                        check it http://www.jdmenginedepot.com/catalo...hp/cPath/24_37

the dohc f22b is only 750...... I think its kinda cheap.

Comment

thanx chris but i dont want to go DOHC just yet. when i get a project car next year ill go that route.

Originally posted by oozingmachismo2
                          I got my engine from japan direct 2 years ago with only 30k. It was $900 shipped. Literally a perfect engine. Felt brand new(still does) when it was installed. Really quiet. 2 years later no oil leaks(exceot for that stupid ass VCG I replaced), no oil burning, compression is the exact same across all cylinders from when i got it. Of course that is more than likely due to my religious maintaince.

http://www.usedengines.com/

^ call them. 6 month warranty on long blocks.
                          i just called them and im glad i did. they seemed to know what they were talking about. $900 sounds a TAD bit high but its worth it. he told me stuff other companies couldnt tell me about the f22a motor. good people. ill be calling them about getting a motor

Comment

thanx chris but i dont want to go DOHC just yet. when i get a project car next year ill go that route.

i just called them and im glad i did. they seemed to know what they were talking about. $900 sounds a TAD bit high but its worth it. he told me stuff other companies couldnt tell me about the f22a motor. good people. ill be calling them about getting a motor
                            I think by now the price should be lower. Shipping is where they get you.

Comment

Originally posted by oozingmachismo2
                              I think by now the price should be lower. Shipping is where they get you.

well being that their based in Raliegh, NC, shipping is only $55 i live in Roanoke Rapids, NC. yay. i love shipping when it works in my favor. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X