Unemployment...*Just Vents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unemployment...*Just Vents

*Just got word about an interview in November ! =)

Well, it's been about a month or so. I've been in pursuit of some jobs that I hopefully find desirable. I have a Bachelor's in Finance.

I have avoided banks but looked at:
    Hotels
    Air Line
    Government
    State
    Insurance

It's been a few weeks and I'm just wondering how fast they are in processing applications. The websites suggest they are still ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS. My thing is, should I wait a bit longer or take some job on the side? Things move very slow here... I just hope to find something I want and would prefer to wait a bit seeing there isn't much alternative. At the same time I am looking every few days for openings. It's a dilemma and I don't want to forgo a job that I might enjoy while settling for something temporarily.

I have a Finance Degree..
    In the mean time, what recommendations would you people suggest in bettering myself? Any software, books, skills to develop? I do plan on going back for a Masters depending what field and how things are. Right now I just want some more experience and money.

I had work as a student aide and an intern assistant at appraisal company. I want to master 10-key. Any ideas other than practice? Are there any software for it?

Just wanted to vent.
    I know I have to improve myself more.
    Last edited by FishyMan; 10-16-2007, 07:56 PM.
    hahahahah

If I may ask,

Finance...???

I want to get my bachelors in business law.. at least that sounds more exciting!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
      If I may ask,

Finance...???

I want to get my bachelors in business law.. at least that sounds more exciting!
      I'm not that smart and for many other family reasons.
      I'm the first in my family with a Degree if that matters.
      hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by FishyMan
        Hey, I'm the first in my family that's made it past the eleventh grade!

It's all good, im just teasin'.

I wanna get into biznezzz development.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

i feel ya man, i graduated in august and im still jobless at the moment

at least i have my car to keep me busy, lol

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
            i feel ya man, i graduated in august and im still jobless at the moment

at least i have my car to keep me busy, lol

OooooOo What'd you major in?

Comment

Originally posted by FishyMan
              Not that smart? You must have the self esteem of a 13 year old, 200lb girl.

You dont have to be smart to get a degree. I work with plenty of people who im pretty sure are borderline retarded, and yet have a masters degree in computer science.

You just have to be willing to work hard to get it.

You are never going to get a good job with a confidence level like that.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33

You dont have to be smart to get a degree. I work with plenty of people who im pretty sure are borderline retarded, and yet have a masters degree in computer science.

This is the most inspirational quote on CB7T EVAR!

Comment

You are never going to get a good job with a confidence level like that.
                  It was given the contextual of comparing a BUSINESS LAW and FINANCE comparison. But I'm not gonna have these internet slings.

I myself have seen the situation and works of degree and intelligence and all that. The correlation is funny. But still, a degree is just a degree, whether you can perform or have the skill is another thing.

I honestly know where I stand in comparison, but I'm not gonna settle for it. I myself don't think my degree means much. Yeah, it' better than a lot of people, but that's not good enough for me. Like I said, I plan to improve so I'm just venting and seeking experiences. Still, like you said, a degree isn't that hard obviously. But you do know it's a filter and a 'MINIMUM' qualification on many aspects.

As far as not getting a good job...
                  Well I hope that I can find something, but after working in the City & County and Appraisals/Real Estate and Restaurant, I think I understand a bit and have put myself through the confidence test. I've done on site appraisals, and have dealt w/ clients as an intern. But again, nothing can ever be comparable right? lol.

Confidence, I've learned is a must, but not arrogance.

kk ill stop. no flings. this is serious.. anybody in the field or have pointers just throw them out.
                  Last edited by FishyMan; 10-16-2007, 05:21 PM.
                  hahahahah

Comment

LMAO!! Its so damn true ........
                    無限WESTCOAST FUKINWITCHU ACCORD4THGEN 1990 CB7 Coupe無限

Comment

Hotel Night Auditors....almost all hotels are in need of night auditors. The Pay is great, the only thing is you have to stay up @ night and sleep in the morning.

Apply to the hotels even if you don't see an advertisement for the job opportunity.

g luck
                      DEVOTE

Comment

The degree helps and hurts at the same time. Some places don't like hiring people right out of school for some reason. They'd rather you have some "real world" experience. If you have to suck it up and get a not so great job somewhere and use that as your "real world" experience and keep looking for something better the whole time.

I'm with lokuputha though, in HI you gotta be able to get a job at a hotel dealing with finances!!!

My Accord History:
                        91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

maybe you should try looking for a job out of state? since hawaii is so small and isolated. im sure ull have better luck else where
                          So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

when i moved to MD i went to a company called manpower. try finding them. they're all over the world. they placed me at walmart and manpower paied me. they paid me $4 more than what walmart was paying. i was making $10/hr when the other walmart employees were making only about $7

Comment

Yeah,

I am eyeing hotel as my number one place. Although most graduates went to banks for the easy entry levels. But yeah Thanks for the inputs.

*Just got word about an interview in November ! =)
                              Last edited by FishyMan; 10-16-2007, 07:56 PM.
                              hahahahah

Comment

Working...
                              X