Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, i'm selling.....

...the Accord

i'll be going to college next year and i added up all the stuff i had planned for next summer, plus all the maintenance and other crap, and it's close to 5 grand. and that was just for next year!

i need a car that i can just buy and be happy with as it is. with the Accord, i just see problems and improvements i could make everywhere. plus i think i caught the luxury bug.

i'm leaning towards a Legend right now, but i don't know. if i got one, i could just leave it stock for a while and still be happy with it.

so i figure i gotta put school before the car so i'll be sellin' it.

what does everyone else think?
    keep the Accord. you know you want to.
    37.21%
    get the Legend.
    11.63%
    screw the Legend, get a............
    18.60%
    traitor. you suck
    32.56%
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

what year legend? and i hope you know EVERY older car you buy is going to cost you money, whats so different about a legend than your cb7? there both going to need work.
    Originally posted by jboyce
    i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

Originally posted by 92cb7accord
      what year legend? and i hope you know EVERY older car you buy is going to cost you money, whats so different about a legend than your cb7? there both going to need work.
      i'm hoping to get a 94-95 if i can find one for a decent price. but any 2nd gen. one in good condition will do. and yes, i DO know all cars cost money, no matter how new.

i meant i wanted to ADD stuff to the Accord. such as a H22 swap. and get bodywork done.

if i do get a Legend, i know it won't be cheap since no car ever is, but i won't be tempted to add anything to it like i would with the Accord. maybe a system at the most.

and everyone, keep in mind i haven't sold the Accord yet. i'm still thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
        fuck it, if you are selling the cb7 buy something new
        Yea...if your so worried about maintenance buying another old car isnt gonna solve anything. Get a geo. Cheap, bad ass gas mileage, easy to fix. You can ghetto rig the shit out of that car and still run. And anyway owning an old car will cause problems.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

fuck it, if you are selling the cb7 buy something new
          i'm 18 with 3 grand! how new of a car do you think i can get?

Comment

If you cant stop yourself from adding modifications to your accord, then you have a problem.
            -Mark-
            CB7
            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by 91 EX-R
              i'm 18 with 3 grand! how new of a car do you think i can get?
              a fit, yaris, corolla, civic(any yr), etc.
              "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

ok, i don't think my first post was clear enough.

i never said i had a problem with maintenance.

i never said i couldn't stop modding my car either.

i said i wanted to get a decent car and leave it stock. with the Accord, i just feel like it needs to be improved with the funds i'm not going to have. thats what i meant.

i meant i'm going to be putting a lot of money and time into college and can't afford to be dropping like $2000 on a new engine or $1000 on bodywork. it doesn't need either YET, but with the engine pushing 320,000km's, and the rust coming in BADLY on the QP's and door, i think it would be a good idea to get rid of it and get some money back from it before i can't.

Comment

do you have a job? if so whats your monthly income like? a new fit is 15k for the sport if you buy it with no options on it. so you've got 3k to put down, and you've got your cb as a trade in, expect no more than 1k on your cb as a trade in. so say they would only give you 500 for it and you've got a 3500 downpayment.

For that you're only financing 12k. i used a finance tool on the honda website and guessed at a percentage rate i put it at 12% to hopefully be on the high side and your payments would only be 275 a month. I know not everyone can afford that, but its a thought
                  my monthly income is only like $600 a month right now. but around January/Februrary it'll be like $900-1000/month. not too much, esepcially after car insurance gets factured in.

thats not a bad idea though man. i def. wouldn't mind a brand new car. i might look into that as thats not a bad price either. thanks!

Comment

$275 a month plus insurance and gas will probably put him alittle under $500 a month. Maybe. You still got alot of time to think about it. Focus on school and your new job. Older cars = money pits. I had mine for alittle over two months and already spent $700 in repairs. Look in the newspaper or something for an older person selling their car for cheap. Normally, the car will be in good condition since they don't beat on it. I'm sure by the time summer comes around, you'll have enough for something nice and you can pay cash for it. No car notes ftw!
                    [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

dude, hes in Ontario, insurance rapes everyone under the age of 25 there. If you can register it in buffalo or something and say your going to school in hamilton.

sorry...

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Why would he want to register it in buffalo.I live in buffalo and im 20 my insurance still isnt that great
                        visit www.fourgasm-motorsports.com
                        For sale-Brand new stock f22a clutch and also have stock flywheel pm for details or prices

Comment

I sympathize with the Legend fantasy, but seriously man, Legends and Vigors are EXPENSIVE.

They have issues with headgaskets earlier than many other Honda/Acura engines and getting parts for them is super painful around where we live....aside from the cost of getting ahold of the parts is the DAYS your car will sometimes sit waiting for them to arrive.

Also, check out insurance quotes on them too....I found that any Acura other than an early 90's Integra was much more expensive than the Accord. Especially if you want a standard as you'll pretty much have to buy a coupe to get that, and coupes cost more for insurance. Unless you wanna do a 5spd swap which is putting you right back into the modding scene again.

New cars are also quite expensive to insure as you'll HAVE to get collision and comprehensive coverage if your financing. And many of them aren't great. The only new smaller new car I'd consider buying would be the Civic or the Fit but to get the features I'd want in those cars would be like 20K.

I say be patient....320,000 isn't too much for these cars, mine has 400,000 and still pulls great. Figure out what HAS to be done on the car in the next year. Rustproof it for $100 if you're concerned about the body, thatll help. If you need suspension parts (I.E. balljoints, tie rods, control arms) let me know because I have a source on them and can get you them for much cheaper than OEM. If your tranny and engine aren't having any issues and the body isn't totally rotting away, then most of your problems can be fixed for not much money.

I bought my car for $1500 with 380,000 on it and all I needed was a flexpipe, VSS, a lower balljoint, outer tierod and an upper control arm to safety it. My mechanic found some barely used Bridgestone Potenza's that were an exact fit for my car and got them for me for $250. All told it only cost me $500 to safety my car and pretty much everything else that I've spent money on since has been out of want not need. The only thing that's failed has been my alternator which isn't a big deal to fix.

I think you'll regret giving up the Accord if you dump it. Wait for a bit and see.

Good luck either way.
                          1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

Fix what's important and try to keep it going as long as you can. Learn to live with the little annoyances. Save your money for something better after the winter. A Legend would be sweet, but seem to be really hard to find around here...I do here they aren't the greatest though since they have more problems than most Acura/Hondas.

I say get a civic...they're cheap on pretty much everything, just don't "rice" it out :P.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

if you want a cheap reliable car, get a kia, I have seen brand new ones as low as 5 grand, I almost went down to buy it, they come standard, with ac, decent sound and overall decent gas mileage. There by no means a great car, but if your on a budget and you dont want to worry about someone stealing the car, get the kia.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Working...
                              X