No announcement yet.

What car would YOU buy for 20k?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From that list I would get the SE-R or the Subbie....

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN
      A nice clean Sc300

then i'd throw on these
      or these

Then i'd slam it like this

Then drop in one of these

Should look something like this..

20g's should cover all of that.
      i think i new some new pants/

Comment

ITB's + s2000 = good times.

edit:
        skip to 1:30.
        http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0
        gives me goosebumps. oh and if you have the extra 3 g's to throw at it, give it the hardtop treatment. with nicer wheels, how can you say no to this?

Last edited by minoreparations; 10-10-2007, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
          The suby is a lot easier to work on than you would think. I've done motor pull/install jobs on them in less than 4 hours. coil packs or anything related to valve covers sucks from the H-block but you get used to it.
          agreed, first time spark plug change took me an hour, but i can do it now in about 20-30 mins. imo, if i could go back i only spent 15k for my wagon, plus mods, but if i could go back i would prob have just taken a 10k loan out buy a cb7, new motor/tranny/clutch all that, replace old worn out parts, redo the interior leather, carpet, clean it up inside, then respray the outside. now i have been rear ended by a truck my wagon isnt worth shit when the carfax is pulled. so its not worth selling and gettin a cheaper/pay out right cash for a car. oh sti swap soon i guess is the only thing for me. anyways, subies last a long time just like honda, if you treat them well. i have 91k miles on my wrx and havent had one problem with the motor nor the weak tranny, knock on wood. it doesnt burn oil, or smoke or anything. i guess just do your hw, and go with what your gut tells ya good luck man!!

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
          So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro
            Avoid an EVO at all costs.......if it cost around 20k, it was abused, and thus the low price.

If you don't want problems with your next car, don't get a VW.

Altimas are nice, but I could not live with them...I don't like the style one bit.

You'd be able to find a VERY nice 98 Mitsu GSX with VERY low miles for under 10k

How about a Mitsu VR-4? My buddy bought a 1995 with 80k Miles for $11.5

MazdaSpeed3......I'm not sure if these are cheap yet.....but they should be around that price. Uber power, Great aethetics, excellent interior.

M-Coupe, arguably one of the most kickass and absurd cars built by BMW
            I agree with just about everything here

The VR-4s are very very complicated cars... everything is electronic. Everything is very expensive to fix. Beautiful cars, but almost every one I see for sale is either heavily modified, or has problems. Older sports cars that are more low-end (not like Corvettes, M3s, etc...) are often neglected as they get older. The first owner gets sick of fixing them, the second owner doesn't take them seriously enough to care.

If you can find an M-Coupe, at all, let alone one for $20,000... that would be awesome It's a quick little shoe!

Mazdaspeed 3 is a VERY good suggestion. More power than my GTP, 400lbs lighter, manual transmission... It's a very practical car in terms of reliability, safety, comfort, and utility... and they can be made stupid fast with very little (hell, for what they are, they're already stupid fast!) My friend was going to get one... she actually got a regular 3 simply because they didn't have a Mazdaspeed version on the lot at the time She said the speed was selling for about $25,000 brand new. Find a used one, just a year or so old, and you'll be looking at your price and mileage range no problem.

Also, I've driven my friend's regular 3... and it's a blast to drive. Handles like a champ, and even the little 160hp motor has a good deal of zip to it!

Of the cars you suggested, I'd go with the Subaru... I was looking at some for 12k or less, but they all had nearly 100k on them... I've heard bad things about WRXs with 100k. For 20k, you should be able to find a nice young one!

Also, check into the Saab 9-2x. The Saabaru. It's a WRX, only with a little more class

Mazdaspeed 6 for 18,900, 21k on it. That'd be fun
            http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

Comment

lol CRAAAAAAAAZY responses... I like the TL someone put up, I almost got one that my dealership took on a trade in, and I'm sure they're better made then Honda's (It seems every honda I've had has just rattled apart, no offense guys, I guess thats cars in AZ in general though). I actually went looking for a TL a few months ago, but the acura dealer here didn't have one 6-speed out of 80 TL's in stock.

The firebird is nice, but after selling chevys I don't think I could own a GM (unless it was a classic).

Its probably between a TL, Subaru, and Altima SE-R at this point. I think the only reason the Altima is really in the discussion is because I test drove one 3 months ago and LOVED it. Its really roomy compared to my prelude, which is a big thing at this point, because when I get in the car I have to put the seat all the way back, and in that car the driver seat all but touches the rear seat when you put it all the way back.

Comment

100k miles on a subaru things went wrong? i know guys with 150k on a stage 2 map, which is about a 60hp gain over stock and its still running like a champ. i honestly believe a car can run as long as you want, if and i have to stress if, its well maintained. the only thing i have ever heard a problem with the rex's is the tranny. 02-03 is weak, 04-05 is a bit stronger, and 06-07 is the strongest but still weak. the reason its weak is the dumbasses doing 5k launches and slamming it the next gear, but what do you expect from the abuse.

on a side note, i think TL look badass, from what 03 on i believe was when they changed the front end. then they changed again in 05-06ish? cant remember, but the TL's look nice, a buddy of mine in my complex has an 01 and did an 03 front end swap after some girl side swiped him. looks clean.

and the SE-R look badass too, and hopefully nissan will make an Altima SE-R Coupe, that would be sweeeeeeeeeet

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Well, 100k on a Subaru might not be bad... but 100k on a turbo car that's owned by someone that doesn't know how to properly maintain it is VERY bad. Sadly, most people don't know how to maintain their cars, and forced induction makes it all the worse.

I'd get a Mazdaspeed 3 with 20k on it before I'd get a WRX with 80k on it... even for half the price. There's nothing wrong with the design... just the owners.

Comment

#1 choice, a 1996 Chevy Impala SS (Black) ; definately can mod this puppy. Or an Audi A4 2.8 or 3.0 5 speed or 1.8 and put bigger turbs in, with the sports susp. package. I'd definately reccommend and Acura TL. How 'bout a Marauder (Black), there nice and fast, mod reddy too. Nissan Maxima SE 2000-2004. Honda accord V6 2004 and up. Good luck.
                    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Stright Success
                      #1 choice, a 1996 Chevy Impala SS (Black) ; definately can mod this puppy. Or an Audi A4 2.8 or 3.0 5 speed or 1.8 and put bigger turbs in, with the sports susp. package. I'd definately reccommend and Acura TL. How 'bout a Marauder (Black), there nice and fast, mod reddy too. Nissan Maxima SE 2000-2004. Honda accord V6 2004 and up. Good luck.
                      I saw you replied and said "he's going to say an Impala SS..."

I was right! I definitely would've gotten one instead of my GTP if they weren't so dang old. I put 30,000 miles on the GTP already, and I couldn't trust a 10 year old car for that (unless it was like my CB7, that I know all the problems... even then, I got newer because THAT was so old!) The Impala SS is probably the coolest true domestic product of the 90s.

Marauders are kinda cool... but they're really nothing more than Crown Victorias with the police engine package (Grand Marquis, I know... but the Ford equivalent is less interesting... lol)

Now that I'm on Ford products... What about a Lincoln LS? That's the only recent Ford product I'd ever want! I almost got one of those, as well (if there were any 5 speed manuals around, I may have... the V6s came in manual)

Comment

2nd gen GS300 and some toys
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

s2000 and a cheap old civic for daily driving.

Comment

5 Series Beemer.........newer ones are definitely under 20k

:-)
                            14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro
                              5 Series Beemer.........newer ones are definitely under 20k

:-)
                              E39 M5s are getting into the low 20s
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Ill get a 2GEN rx7 convertible. And swap in the 13b turbo
                                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
                                X