No announcement yet.

Who here drives in winter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drive my cb7 in winter. It's crazy. Oh wait a minute, I live in Cali, nevermind.

Seriously, I feel sorry for all you guys in living in the rust belt.
    "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Yeah, I know exactly what all you guys are going through. I've had my CB7 through 2 winters already and I could just see what it was doing to my rust. But that's my concern now. I have 2 rust free rear sections coming in the mail at some point, and they've never seeen the snow. Now I'm thinking i want to put them on, but if i put them on right as the winter is coming, what do I gain by putting the panels through the salt. Maybe I'd be better off waiting until next spring, who knows...but anyways yeah, that and I'm worried that if i lower my car, it will suck in the winter, and I don't want to go with a suspension such as the Tein basic, just because of the fact its still a coilover system, and I've yet to ride in a car with coils that i've liked...although my friend is gonna put a basic in and I want to see what's going on with that.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        You deliever pizza in your car? That poor CB7!!! I delivered pizza in my old Dodge Shadow... I killed that poor car...
        yeah i am broke. i already change the engine and the tranny on that shit. but they were fucked since i bought the car. see if it brakes down i know how to fix it.
        lol i change oil every 2k and tranny oil every 10k. i keep it cool
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

I drive my car in the winter. if I had money to spare I'd get a garage someware and store my CB7 there wile I drove a good beater car around in the mean time.
          ~~~~~~~

Comment

of course,
            mine is sorta just car to get me from point a - point b

-unless i feel a need for a slow progression of speed.

Comment

just a little.

besides rust I don't have any problems... just gotta know how to drive in the stuff. I always think its funny when an suv goes flying by thinking they're unstopable... cause 4wd really helps you stop on snow
              HSHO #3

Comment

ok, I have tested this, as we have a rwd/4wd truck, and my car. in snow, th 4wd car wins, with being able to get through it, jsut like a mudpit or whatnot. fwd, the car understeers, but is easy to predict. rwd, the car chases the front..easier for me to control, but most others are not apt to controlling such a thing. as for stopping..no one wins. the lighter vehicle wins. You are at the mercy of the snow, and ice. I like how 4wd owner s think they are better on ice..not true! instead of 2 wheels spinning ,and the front wheels not moving, or the front wheels spinning, and the rear wheels not moving, ya got all 4 wheels spinning, and the truck sliding outta control!

-A. Swift
                CB7 member number 137
                Black Doubt Crew member #2
                Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

actually now that i think about it....before i put my kit on...i just slapped on my steelies and drove it around...but now im more conscious about it....especially the salt part...rust plus i dont wanna break my kit

Turbo CB7 is Gone ...But I Still Come Around
                  AWD TURBO IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                    Yeah, I know exactly what all you guys are going through. I've had my CB7 through 2 winters already and I could just see what it was doing to my rust. But that's my concern now. I have 2 rust free rear sections coming in the mail at some point, and they've never seeen the snow. Now I'm thinking i want to put them on, but if i put them on right as the winter is coming, what do I gain by putting the panels through the salt. Maybe I'd be better off waiting until next spring, who knows...but anyways yeah, that and I'm worried that if i lower my car, it will suck in the winter, and I don't want to go with a suspension such as the Tein basic, just because of the fact its still a coilover system, and I've yet to ride in a car with coils that i've liked...although my friend is gonna put a basic in and I want to see what's going on with that.
                    Definitely wait as long as you can on putting those 1/4 panels on. The longer you can stand to look at whatever rust you have and the longer you can masked it away from the public eye, the longer your new 1/4s will last.

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
                    2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Comment

See, that's the advantage to my car. Being bone stock (except for the audio system) and snice I'm getting a new car next year when I move down to Austin, TX. So I really feel like doing power slides right now.

Comment

Originally posted by AznBadAss92LX
                        actually now that i think about it....before i put my kit on...i just slapped on my steelies and drove it around...but now im more conscious about it....especially the salt part...rust plus i dont wanna break my kit
                        well i there is salt in the street <<<<< wash ur car every 2 days. this will take off the salt. that is how i do it in winter. and it snows a lot here in philly.
                        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
                        X