Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McDonald's sued for $200 million in Kentucky - hoax phone call led to girl being stri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McDonald's sued for $200 million in Kentucky - hoax phone call led to girl being stri

Its a long read, but very interesting on how managers can be!

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/...WS01/510090392

that is fucking bullshit man. i would sue them motherfuckers for more than that. i would find that son of a bitch that did that to them girls and i would fucking kill his ass.

used condoms? wtf

Comment

Wow... that's disturbing...

It's hard to say if McDonald's really is at fault, though. I mean, that's almost like someone suing me because they got scammed in the Classifieds (actually, that'd probably make more sense!)

You can try to educate the stupid, but you can't be there 100% of the time making sure it worked.

Still, McDonald's hired the manager. They determined that she was capable of performing the duties of the position. They deemed her a quality representative of the company. Therefore, as a representative of the company, she performed these actions. If she wasn't the girl's manager, and just some woman, she'd never have that power. For the simple reason that McDonald's made a poor decision when they made her a manager, they are at fault. The woman did what she did as a representative of the company, using the power that position gave her.

Comment

Who the fuck would actually agree to be strip searched by their manager/assisstant manager. I sure as hell wouldn't. I'd tell them to send the police straight to my god damn door if they tried to do that to me.
        Originally posted by deevergote
        I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

Comment

The case was actually settled http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21151938/

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
          Frost White Member 13
          My Ride
          "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

Originally posted by Fr0z3N
            Who the fuck would actually agree to be strip searched by their manager/assisstant manager. I sure as hell wouldn't. I'd tell them to send the police straight to my god damn door if they tried to do that to me.
            x2 that manager is an idiot
            Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

I heard about this a while back, everyone involved are dumbasses. $6M isn't enough IMO
              MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
              If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fr0z3N
                If you read the part of the article that talks about perceived authority, and the psychological studies that have been conducted, you'll see how that can happen. I know those studies quite well... and this case is a shockingly similar real-life example.

As a side note, Zimbardo, who they refer to in high regard, got in BIG trouble when the study they mention got way out of control... students were put in a prison over night. They were randomly assigned roles as guards or prisoners. The "guards" abused their "power" (which they were given none, aside from a title of "guard") and the "prisoners" were abused. The "prisoners" didn't have to take the abuse... they weren't really prisoners. The guards had no true authority, yet they believed they did (as did the prisoners). I forget if the roles were switched in the middle... it's been years since I read that. Interesting stuff... and some major repercussions followed.

Comment

this wasnt the only case, there were many all over the nation. some cases had the victim give oral sex to their supervisor, knock knock, wouldnt they think its a fake cop. plus what cop gives orders over a phone??

Comment

Wow... that's disturbing...
                    to say the least...

some people either have no common sense or don't know the law. It's a shame.

My Accord History:
                    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by rudy1980
                      I heard about this a while back, everyone involved are dumbasses. $6M isn't enough IMO
                      Can any amount of money be enough?
                      To-Do List for Today
                      Be Awesome

Comment

The power of perceived authority... it's a scary thing.

The guy is good, I'll give him that. He acts on management that has enough self-importance to be the best they can be, while having enough insecurity to bow to authority. He uses that, compounded with the manager's position, to then manipulate employees or customers. When you're afraid, or carried away in the moment, you can be pushed to do some unimaginable things! The skill lies in leading the people down that path without them questioning it for too long. Always having an answer, keeping the fear alive, and taking things one step at a time are necessary.

Comment

It may be a "skill" but that's one warped individual to apply it to such a disturbing thing. The kids have gotta feel so violated and the managers have gotta feel like total crap for putting these kids through this. 1 phone call screws 2 people up for life. It's simply amazing.

My Accord History:
                          91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Oh yeah, for sure.

Hell, Hitler was a very skilled individual. Very influential. Very powerful. Same thing, on a much larger, more horrible scale.

I admire the skill. I despise the use it was put to.

Comment

They were randomly assigned roles as guards or prisoners. The "guards" abused their "power" (which they were given none, aside from a title of "guard")
                              if i remember corectley (long time since i read about this so corect me if i'm wrong) the gaurds where given batons and participated in a meeting before the study began in which the were instructed to not only instill a sense of fear in the "prisoners" but completely un-iduvidualize them .... so even tho no actual power was given it was implied ........ they were all given compensation for taking part in the study (both prisoners and gaurds) ....the interesting part (or at least the part i found ineresting) is the fact that some of the "prisoners" were "denied" the compensation in a "hearing" conducted by Zimbardo ....those prisoners who were lost compensation were free to leave at any time and still recive the comensation for the days completed .... but because the "prisoner" idea had become part of there routine they stayed willingly still under the impression that they were no longer being paid ........

another part of the study involed a "prisoner" being forced to stay in a closet naked unless all the other prisoners gave up there blankets .... all but one prisoner kept there blankets

i belive the study lasted 7 out of the 14 days it was suposed to

...thought i'd share
                              R.I.P. 6-10-07

(\__/)
                              (O.o )
                              (> < )

My Rotor DIY
                              I'm not perfect i will make mistakes if i do just point it out to me

Comment

Working...
                              X