Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jeeeez this camaro is an electrical nightmare!! what should i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jeeeez this camaro is an electrical nightmare!! what should i do?

so the camaro has been rewired by a dumbass at some point lol.

nothing works and nothing is right. fuses are blown, wires that dont go to anything, NOTHING is labeled...

i think next week, im gonna just pull the dash and rewire EVERYTHING.

i was looking on Alldata today, doesnt seem like it should be impossible.

i dunno just venting i guess, this car really wasnt cared for. one day itll be the shit. till then, its just an electrical nightmare. fixed the horn tho! (again)
    pull the dash, rewire EVERYTHING.
    75.00%
    just wire up what it needs to pass inspection and fix the rest if/when it goes.
    25.00%
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

blow it up
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini
      blow it up

how bout honest advice. its my car and i like it. dont care if you dont.
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

i wouldve bought a fresh car...not someone elses failed project cause shit like this happens..your best bet is to take it apart...do it yourself..make sure everythings right...cause like you said..some dumbass did it..couildnt fix it..and jus gave it up

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
          how bout honest advice. its my car and i like it. dont care if you dont.
          I actually like your car but I thought that was one of the options on the poll, blowing up anything would be fun especially a car BUT seeing that you getting all emotional about your transformer just pull the dash and rewire everything
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
            i wouldve bought a fresh car...not someone elses failed project cause shit like this happens..your best bet is to take it apart...do it yourself..make sure everythings right...cause like you said..some dumbass did it..couildnt fix it..and jus gave it up

yeah im sure that would be safer too... ugh itll take months only working an hour a day... i think what im honestly going to do is shit rig it to pass inspec, then once it passes, and i get it home, ill rewire it all. caus it will never get done at school, to many dumbasses, to little time.

Comment

I actually like your car but I thought that was one of the options on the poll, blowing up anything would be fun especially a car BUT seeing that you getting all emotional about your transformer just pull the dash and rewire everything

im not getting all emo on it but im just really upset about this. sorry i kinda snapped at u tho, u know i didnt mean any harm.

just sucks tho... but i knew what i was getting into when i payed for it, so i guess i shouldnt complain now

Comment

man you bought it as a project..dont expect it to go easy or it to be in top shape or the car to be fixed in a week..it takes time..cars are a pain in the ass...a horrible investment..but once everythings woprking right its sooo worth the pain and money

Comment

im not getting all emo on it but im just really upset about this. sorry i kinda snapped at u tho, u know i didnt mean any harm.

just sucks tho... but i knew what i was getting into when i payed for it, so i guess i shouldnt complain now
                  all good turbo, I dont get offended that easy but yuou should blow up a car sometime its really fun
                  1993 Accord LX - Sold
                  93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
                    man you bought it as a project..dont expect it to go easy or it to be in top shape or the car to be fixed in a week..it takes time..cars are a pain in the ass...a horrible investment..but once everythings woprking right its sooo worth the pain and money

yeah you got me there lol. today and yesterday were just bad days with it tho... not only did i not make any progress but i set myself back yesterday when i accidentally yanked a wire out of the fuse box...

but as they said in fight club

"These things happen, I suppose..."

Comment

all good turbo, I dont get offended that easy but yuou should blow up a car sometime its really fun

id rather wrap it around a tree... i gotta die somehow lol, i wouldnt have it any other way than in a modified car, import or muscle.

Comment

id rather wrap it around a tree... i gotta die somehow lol, i wouldnt have it any other way than in a modified car, import or muscle.
                        fuck that, I wanna die getting head when i'm a 108 yr old by a hot 20 yr female cheerleader
                        1993 Accord LX - Sold
                        93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

ive blown 3 up :P loads of fun cant wait to blow the next one up

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
                          Originally posted by deevergote.
                          But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Why do you think he sold it for 800. Pull the dash find another camaro with that year wiring harness and plug it in. Fuck rewiring when you can just buy another harness and save you time. I am pretty sure there are plenty of those laying around in yards.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah. someone has too much to do. lmao. i need to do that one day. ive been wanting to just get a crappy car put some sand in the oil(just about a cup full) and watch a rod go thru the block while im revving it to about 6k. then in a big field just light a gas soaked rag in the tank and blow it up. that would be insanely fun

anyway. landon. i say take out the dash and re-wire everything. then you know down the road that you wont have to worry about anything b/c you've done all of that. it just like modifing a car. its better to do it right the 1st time then have to go back and do it over again.

its a serious PITA to take out a dash.

Comment

Working...
                              X