X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Million Mile Civic

CraigsList Find of the Decade: 930,000 mile '95 Honda Civic

Posted Oct 1st 2007 6:31PM by Jonathon Ramsey

There's high mileage, and then there's this. A 1995 Honda Civic is for sale in Atlanta with, count 'em, 939,899 miles. That's 200+ miles a day. Every day. Including Sundays. For 12 years. It even has a Carfax report from when the car had 907,000 miles on it. According to the seller, the car runs like new, with no leaks, no noises, no oil burning, and not even a scratch on the body. In fact, the only blemish listed is that one of the dashboard lights doesn't work, and that's only sometimes.

The car is on its ninth timing belt, ninth water pump, and fourth clutch. But the engine and transmission are original, as are the floor mats. The car even comes with records. The most incredible thing isn't the mileage, though. It's how the owner put the miles on the car: driving on business trips from Atlanta... to Seattle... and San Francisco. We want to know what kind of business -- or what kind of boss -- makes a guy drive across the country and back, and then some, every single month for 12 straight years.

To paraphrase The Proclaimers, if you buy this car then you can drive a million miles and you can drive a million more...

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Hmmm...original Engine and tranny...........intresting...

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
    ----
    02 Pontiac Firebird W68
    92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

Nice! I find it hard to believe that after 12 year of ATL --> SanFran --> Seattle and then some, he didnt encounter one rock, or body damage...

Thats some sweet ass though

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

And just think, if he had put in a K&N filter he would just about be at the end of their "MILLION MILE LIMITED WARRANTY"

Damn though, I would like to know what he did for a living.
        3 CB's gone....
        1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Pizza boy?

Isn't it true that if you drive a million miles on your honda you get a brand new one free?

Comment

one word ****AMAZING****
            MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
            If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
              CraigsList Find of the Decade: 930,000 mile '95 Honda Civic

Posted Oct 1st 2007 6:31PM by Jonathon Ramsey

There's high mileage, and then there's this. A 1995 Honda Civic is for sale in Atlanta with, count 'em, 939,899 miles. That's 200+ miles a day. Every day. Including Sundays. For 12 years. It even has a Carfax report from when the car had 907,000 miles on it. According to the seller, the car runs like new, with no leaks, no noises, no oil burning, and not even a scratch on the body. In fact, the only blemish listed is that one of the dashboard lights doesn't work, and that's only sometimes.

The car is on its ninth timing belt, ninth water pump, and fourth clutch. But the engine and transmission are original, as are the floor mats. The car even comes with records. The most incredible thing isn't the mileage, though. It's how the owner put the miles on the car: driving on business trips from Atlanta... to Seattle... and San Francisco. We want to know what kind of business -- or what kind of boss -- makes a guy drive across the country and back, and then some, every single month for 12 straight years.

To paraphrase The Proclaimers, if you buy this car then you can drive a million miles and you can drive a million more...
              I wonder if Honda will do what Volvo did for that one guy who went 4 million in an older volve.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Gotta get energizer to sponsor the car, it keeps going and going and going....

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

typical honda

hahaha
                  14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

a d series?

i had a 92 for like a month. it only had 165,000 miles and the think burned oil like there is no tomorrow. did some researh and found out that most d series start burning oil at around 150k...
                    1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

holy -!

Originally posted by kc8enb07
                      does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

One of my uncles work trucks has 890xxx on it. Orig motor/trans. It being a work truck, didnt get the treatment of this car though.

I find it hard to believe that the paint is in such supposed good shape. Highway driving isnt nice to the front end of a vehicle. But I can definitely see how the drivetrain lasted.

Comment

Maybe he had one of those Bra things for the front. That would take care of the front.

But orig motor and tranny. I beleive it

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Yea i found this out a cupple days ago. its up for sale on craigslist for 2300. the guy works for some company and puts on it like 200+ miles everyday. original motor and tranny, no rust.

he changed his

9th timing belt
                            9th water pump
                            4th clutch
                            does oil changed every 3k
                            changes tires when the wear out
                            inspection on time
                            all service records
                            never has been in a accident
                            no dents or scratches in the paint

that car is insane. and the coolest thing about it, its all stock. so hes not a ricer.
                            miss my turbo cb7
                            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

very nice.

i was curious to see what would happen with that mileage when getting a used car value quote... to see if perhaps the mileage will make the car worth negative money lol. NADA just listed an "N/A" adjustment for that mileage, and Edmunds gave an error saying mileage cannot exceed 400k lol.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X