Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a diesel Accord engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has there ever been a diesel Accord engine?

Specifically the 3rd generation...

I got my 3g back, and the motor is done for. I could rebuild. I could get another (though at that age, it'd be wise to rebuild anything I get!). I could find a way to put an H22 into it (I have 1.5 H22s right now, and I'm in the process of building a good one for the CB7)

However, if I could find a direct swap diesel, that would kick ass! I searched on google, found nothing. I asked on 3geez, but nobody has replied yet (granted, I posted it like 5 minutes ago...) I figured I'd ask on here to see who might be able to help! I know that if there was a diesel, it wasn't a US motor.

Originally posted by deevergote
    Specifically the 3rd generation...

I got my 3g back, and the motor is done for. I could rebuild. I could get another (though at that age, it'd be wise to rebuild anything I get!). I could find a way to put an H22 into it (I have 1.5 H22s right now, and I'm in the process of building a good one for the CB7)

However, if I could find a direct swap diesel, that would kick ass! I searched on google, found nothing. I asked on 3geez, but nobody has replied yet (granted, I posted it like 5 minutes ago...) I figured I'd ask on here to see who might be able to help! I know that if there was a diesel, it wasn't a US motor.
    I think Europe has a deisel... but not sure if its for a 3g. why not a b18?

Im looking to get a 87 Accord Hatchback LXi for 700.00 but I wanna put on the 4g lights and bumpers. I found the pixs but no instructions.
    1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
    -Nava

Comment

Everyone says "why not a B series?" when I ask about this car...

Putting a B series in a 3rd gen is about as easy as putting one in a 4th gen.

Comment

put a cummins is that fucker. RWD ftw oh yea and make it tt

used condoms? wtf

Comment

I really need to get that "donate" button up...

Believe it or not, I DO have RWD plans for either the hatchback or a CB7. Just have to figure out if I can use an S2K or if I'll have to go the cheap route and use Mustang parts...

Comment

well cummins and powerstroke are coming out with little motors this year coming up. like a 4.4 liter cummins and a 4.0 powerstroke i think

used condoms? wtf

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              I really need to get that "donate" button up...

Believe it or not, I DO have RWD plans for either the hatchback or a CB7. Just have to figure out if I can use an S2K or if I'll have to go the cheap route and use Mustang parts...
              i doubt the diff on the s2k would be fit under a cb7 chassis, even w/you removing the fuel tank

i think the mdx or odessesy(sp?) van, which ever is AWD would be a better option

or maybe a mx-3/5, they have small as hell diffs
              "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

I'd be using the s2k subframe... Not sure if it would work, but that's my current plan. I'd have to do a hell of a lot more research before I actually start!

Comment

IIRC, there were no diesels available at the time, even from Isuzu.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                  Honda Accord Euro-R
                  Honda Odyssey Absolute
                  Honda City I-DSi
                  Honda Stream

Comment

Damn. I was hoping if anyone would know of one, it'd be you!

The guys on 3geez say the same, so it looks like it's a no-go. The H22 might be a pain too... supposedly it hits the rear crossmember. I don't really want to fabricate a tube frame...

Comment

There is a honda diesel in production. I read it a while back but it will be going into the euro market. They said they were gonna put it in the accords there as I recall. Something like that or a mini truck. I forgot. Its a small turbo deal I will try to find the article its laying around in one of my mags. And you know diesels are a good market in europe like 90% of the population gots one.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yeah, they are developing a diesel Accord. I'm actually surprised this is the first mention of it!

Comment

there was some diesel accord that ran in a 24 hour endurance race and averaged like 90mpg..it had some crazy torque numbers and hp wasnt bad either. seen it in a old honda tuning mag

jdmCITY.com

Comment

The first Accord diesel was released in Europe several years ago in what is our TSX.

No go on the 3rd gen.

Also, if you desire it badly enough, RWD in a CA/CB is possible. There is at least one S2K powered CB wagon running around.

I am sure you would need to modify/fabricate a new front subframe, fabricate a way to mount the engine/tranny, fabricate the rear subframe to fit the CB, modify the tank to carry a driveshaft through etc.

The RL uses a saddle tank that basically straddles the rear diff and driveshaft, and I think it has 2 pumps. Or you could always put a fuel cell in the cargo bay etc.

It could be done, but it wouldn't be easy.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

just get a cummins i am telling ya man. that would be bad ass a 500 hp and 1500 tq accord with ALOT of black smoke. now that would be fucking tight..... stick stacks out the rear of the roof on a wagon

used condoms? wtf

Comment

Working...
                              X