should be here in a few days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should be here in a few days

can't wait to get it and see just how well it does I'll be letting you all know how the install goes and how my car feels post install
    ~~~~~~~

how much did that cost?
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
      how much did that cost?
      Proablly more than this did...
      http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum...&threadid=6037

(im not trying to bash this thread or anything, pwrusr)

Comment

Is that the infamous rear mount insert or what?
        RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

this is the front motor mount insert:
          http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...52&prmenbr=361
          Link should also awsner the price question
          ~~~~~~~

Comment

$5 more than I paid... Still worth it though. Make sure your motor mount isn't busted though. My rubber is shot, and that insert isn't nearly as effective because of it.

Comment

It's bad enough that the engine will rock back and forth for a secound after reving it to only ~1500rpm. and the insert will imporve it to a point that I can deal with

The only thing I'm worried about is the heat from the header melting the mount. It's a ceramic coated DC sports fyi.
              ~~~~~~~

Comment

It shouldn't melt it... I'm running the stock H22 header with no heat shield, and my insert is still fine. And that thing throws off a LOT of heat!

Comment

Yeah the stock header is practicly cast iron. and we all know what happens when you heat cast iron up, right? it stays HOT for a LONG time.
                  Thanks for putting my mind at east Deever
                  ~~~~~~~

Comment

thats the cool thing about liquid urethane, even if your mount is broke, you just place it in the right spot, and it will BE LIKE NEW!
                    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                      thats the cool thing about liquid urethane, even if your mount is broke, you just place it in the right spot, and it will BE LIKE NEW!
                      I think I'm also going to find some window weld and put it into the mount before I put the inserts in. should be alot nicer then. well I'll try just the inserts first...

I'll let you know how it goes!
                      ~~~~~~~

Comment

What the hell operating system are you using?

Looks like Mac or some kind of skin for Windows XP..
                        Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                        2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                        2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                        2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Yeah I'm using Windows XP. The windowsXP skin is called "Rhodium Edge". I'm using "Firefox" for my browser.
                          Here's a good site for WinXP themes:
                          http://www.themexp.org/
                          ~~~~~~~

Comment

Got 'em today and tried to install them, sami long story ahead:

FedEX comes to the door around 11am this morning, YES they are early

I get dressed real quick and head down to my uncles hous who has a nice set of tools.

Pop my hood and loosen the upper motor mount to find the three bolts on the engine block are pretty loose (I could move them with my bare fingers ).
                            so I tighten those up and find the bottom one of the three doesn't want to tighten in all the way (2 out of three ain't that bad :P).

I try to squeeze in the motor mount inserts and they weren't going in right. So I try to get at the bottom bolt holding in the bottom of the torque strut in place, WHAT A PITA that is to get to. I couldn't remove the bottom screw to the rad fan since it was rusted to heck.

A friend that lives up the ally from my uncle came home about this time (he happens to have a bunch of tools to work on cars and stuff ). he comes down takes a quick look at the problem and hands me a cool little socket attactment that allows the socket to flex around. he also let me borrow a nice 10" extension which really helped me out alot.

so I yank the bolt right out in a couple minutes and pull the torque mount strut right out.

At this point I'm think that I'm home free. so I try to put the polly inserts again. no go so I look at the mount and see "A T" embossed in the rubber. "OH YEAH" I say to myself. the guy that put the engine in used all the accord mounts except the tranny mount when he did the engine/tranny swap.

These mount inserts really do NOT work with auto accord mounts. well at least I tightend the motor mount bolts up real nice

In the end:
                            -it took about 4-5 hours out of my day (wasn't working that whole time becase it was so friggin' hot outside).

-Tightend some loose motor bolts that I didn't even know were loose !!

-I invented about 3,529,932 cusswords not known to the dictionary after I remembered the motor mounts were for a auto accord

-found out it wasn't all for nothing (see next)

-went for a test drive, did a few little burnouts to find that the wheels didn't hop as much as they did before. also redlined the engine to see if that REALLY ODD viberation was still there when I got it to 7800rpm. Nope it was gone

-I also looked at the rubber inside the mount, looked pretty good! though I still need to get a nice MT mount soon.
                            Last edited by pwrusr; 07-20-2004, 09:34 PM.
                            ~~~~~~~

Comment

so that shit didnt fit?

front or rear?
                              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                              X